“Amazing!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Yorke Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pateley Bridge
The Yorke Arms
You added The Yorke Arms to your Saves list
Ramsgill-in-Nidderdale, Pateley Bridge HG3 5RL, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pateley Bridge
notts, UK
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We have been to several michelin star restaurants, yet the yorke arms has to be the best. The food was amazing, the service was great and the room/bathroom was lovely. No service charge unlike £50 at Restaurant Gordon Ramsey. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
MAnchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

The food looked and tasted excellent. Very casual for dinner which wasn't to my taste as I like to get dressed up! Jeans should be banned! I like the waitresses to describe the meals when they bring them to the table as it helps the overall experience. All other restaurants with a star have before so this seemed unusual. Breakfast was lovely but no brown sauce which my husband loves with his cooked breakfast. I appreciate that they may not want to serve HP sauce but they could have made their own instead!

Lovely casual break with lovely superior rooms but if you want somewhere to get dressed up for dinner then maybe not the place for you.

• Stayed April 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I took my husband here for Sunday lunch and everything about it was special. The menu was very extensive, not limited at all by the fact it was a Sunday Lunch menu. It was £50 per person and worth every penny. Every course (even the breads) was exquisite. The quality of the food, the service, the wine, the surroundings and everything else was a level above anywhere else I've ever been.
Really lovely in every way. We have raved about it to our friends. We could only really go back for special occasions due to the price, but you certainly get what you pay for. As a treat this place is unbeatable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
East Lothian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I like writing Trip Advisor reviews, but this one is proving tricky. How do you critique something which is essentially beyond criticism.

The countryside in which it sits - beautiful.

The building and grounds - stunning.

The interior decor - charming.

The staff - equally so.

The food - Worthy of further discussion.

You may not think to look at or listen to me, but I've eaten in a few Michelin star restaurants. I've even lunched at Heston's Fat Duck, arguably one of, if not the best, restaurants in the world, but I have to say The Yorke Arms gives young Hesters a run for his money.

My wife and I saw this place on The Trip (Steve Coogan / Rob Brydon) and thought we'd give it a go. We travelled down from Scotland, roped in a couple of willing friends en route, and stayed in one of the superior courtyard rooms. We opted for the ‘surprise' eight course tasting menu and threw caution to the wind by adding the full wine flight - a decision which proved to be one of my better ones. I may even use it as an example next time I apply for promotion.

All eight courses would've been exquisite if matched with nothing more than a can of Irn Bru, but complimented by some of the most delicious wines I've ever tasted, took the experience to a whole new level. The dish washer must have feared for his job, as plate after empty plate made their way back to the kitchen with scarcely the glaze left on it.

I've read a few reviews on here criticising prices at The Yorke Arms, and it's fair to say it isn't cheap. Our night there, including all the bells and whistles of our choosing, left us little change from £640. But anyone criticising 'value' at The Yorke Arms is probably missing the point.

Long after the point where your bank account has stopped pining for its £640, the memory of your wonderful experience at The Yorke Arms will still be going strong.

My good wife has just reminded me that the shower door leaked and that nothing is beyond criticism. Thank you dear. The shower door did indeed allow the egress of a little water if not closed carefully, but the puddle soon dried and a dodgy shower door is hardly grounds for staying at home.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

A wonderful place to end our few days in the Dales, celebrating our golden wedding. Our room was like a small apartment and very comfortable. A very inviting afternoon tea was provided in the lounge, with luxury chairs and open fire. We very much enjoyed both the setting and the content of our evening taster menu - the imaginative combinations of foods and tastes was delightful. Staff were helpful and attentive. We had just about enough room for a breakfast the following morning - plenty of choice, but we both enjoyed fish courses, haddock and kippers.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
North Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed dinner, bed and breakfast in order to get the most out of our dining treat and we enjoyed every minute. The unobtrusive, friendly staff, the comfortable accommodation, the delightful food and relaxing ambience all made for a very nice experience indeed. We enjoyed it so much we promised ourselves we'd be back before too long!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed overnight for a friends party. We had the good fortune to have a fabulous spring day, which made everything a whole lot nicer. The place is so pretty. We were greeted at reception with a smile and the staff greeted us as if they already knew us - in a nice way. Throughout our stay the staff were polite and friendly, but not overpowering. The Yorke Arms has a certain reputation in Yorkshire and so I was ready for my taste buds to be tickled. I was not disappointed the meal was gorgeous, the service was perfect - not too pushy and no long wait between courses.
Our bedroom over looked the main entrance - which wasn't a problem because the place is in the middle of nowhere so no noise going on. The room was small but is was furnished to a very high standard and the bed was very comfy.
Breakfast the next day was nice - not a lot to say about the scrambled egg and sausage I had. We had to ask a few times for toast and butter, but it came eventually.
I wasn't too happy that we had to vacate our bedroom by 10.30am - what's the rush? it is supposed to be our special night away. We couldn't have the bedroom until 4 pm - so we had the availability of the room for only 18 hours. there aren't a lot of bedrooms so there is no way it can take the staff from 10.30 am to 4pm to prepare the rooms. Unless they only have 1 person I suppose.
It was a lovely night away, but not one I will repeat as the bill was over £550 for 2 people. That's London prices - not North Yorkshire. It may have a Michelin star restaurant, but that doesn't justify the room charge - for a small North Yorkshire establishment.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Yorke Arms? Share your experiences!