“good meal” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A contemporary mediterranean restaurant for every occasion, Shared Olive offers a simple, fresh style food in relaxed surroundings. Where customer service will speak for itself.....Our restaurant will be open for light lunches, drinks and dinner. Menus are designed to suit any occasion, whether you are dropping in for a quick bite, or you decide to join us for the whole evening. Our menus offer a range of freshly prepared pasta and sharing Tapas dishes, complimented by our fresh breads and homemade desserts. All prepared daily by our experienced ChefsSituated in the village of Hawarden, Shared Olive aims to be the restaurant of choice. Perfect day or night to enjoy great value for money food in a great atmosphere with a relaxed and friendly service
“good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

visited on Saturday 4-5-13 four of us. So much choice, did not know what to order, the chef came into the dining room & explained everything about the meals, he was really helpful. I had the slow cooked beef, delicious, and a side dish of garlic & rosemary roasties, no vegetables shown but he said he had some broccoli and cooked it for us. One of our party was vegetarian and again he suggested a dish and gave us a sample of some of the food, amazing service. We were upstairs, very busy downstairs, but the service was good, I do not like eating my courses too quickly, I had the salt cod fritters as a starter, lovely.. Too full to order a sweet, will certainly return there and try something different next time.

y

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi Curben

Thanks for your kind comments, both our staff and myself really appreciate it.

We hope to see you again soon

kind regards

North wales
“Very poor and meagre meal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very poor meal ,fixed menu on Sunday with no real choice. Ingredients were poor quality and my main meal of roast dinner had clearly been cooked hours earlier. Waited for ages between service . Overall cheap food ,poorly cooked and expensive ! Will never go again . It also felt cold and damp.

Visited May 2013
dannyv02, Owner at Shared Olive, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Hiya,

I'll have to keep this one short and sweet as I've got a lot on today. All the ingredients are locally sourced and all our food is homemade. A roast dinner takes a couple of hours to make, does it not?" Cheap" ? Sirloin of Beef isn't cheap trust me.

Show me a restaurant that cooks a roast dinner to order and I'll show you a kitchen full of microwave technicians wearing bandanas churning out ready meals to the masses. As for cold and damp ? It's 22C outside and has been like that for 5 days !! Sunday is a set menu and has been for a few months so why did you bother dining if the choice was poor? It's not like we've got anything to hide the menu's on our website and advertised outside. For everyone else please see our menu from last Sunday when this person supposedly dined with us and make up your own mind.

Shared Olive Sunday Set Menu

5th May
***
Roast Tomato & Basil Soup, Warm Rosemary & Shared Olive Focaccia (V)
Chorizo Croquettes, Goats Cheese Pesto
King Tiger Prawn Caesar Salad, Soft Hens Egg, Focaccia Croutons
Vine Tomato & Mozzarella Salad, Balsamic Glaze
Traditional Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding with all the trimmings
Braised Pork Belly, Apple & Parsnip Puree, Braised Potato, Cider Jus
Pan Fried Cod, Bubble & Squeak, Roasted Carrots, Cheddar & Chive Veloute
Pasta Milan, Goats Cheese Crumb, Red Chard(V)
Sticky Toffee Pudding, Vanilla Ice Cream, Butterscotch Sauce
Baked Lemon Curd Cheesecake, Candied Kumquats
Double Chocolate Brownie, Vanilla Ice Cream, Bailey’s Chocolate Sauce
Cheeseboard, Selection of Cheeses, Water biscuits & Chutney (£2.00 supplement)
Selection of Ice Cream & Sorbets

Cheers, and thanks for giving me an opportunity to post my menu ;)

Danny x
Chester, United Kingdom
“I can't believe I've missed out on this gem for five years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

But apparently I have.

I've heard friends mention it, but I never managed to get there - why? Well, probably just because I don't drive and its not in Chester where my local bus service takes me. But having finally been there once I've already booked to go back again.

The food is fabulous, the interior is warm and inviting and the staff a joy. Last time I had a gorgeous basil and ricotta frittata and next Tuesday I shall be making my way through several more of the tapas offerings.

In short - if you enjoy the taste of the mediterranean, appreciate a a great atmosphere and like to get value for money then you really should make the effort to get to Hawarden and find the restaurant for yourself.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Ann R

Thanks for coming all the way from Chester to visit us, We no longer have the Vine Tomato Fritatta our menu but I'd be happy to make one for you the next time you come in, you just need to let us know before your arrive.

Kind regards

Holywell, United Kingdom
“Good for Tapas on Tuesday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Came here this Tuesday for Tapas as part of their 2 for 1 Tapas deal in the evening. the restaurant was very busy but the staff coped very well. the decor was very fancy and the restaurant was very clean.
The food was delicious and I will come here again.

Parking can be a problem outside the restaurant but there is extra parking available at the nearby train station.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi MarcCass

Thanks for sharing your comments, Parking isn't ideal and I wish we had a bigger car park, but thanks for noting the train station.

We hope to see you again in the near future

Kind Regards

North Wales
“Tremendous Tapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

After the last visit, we had to go back, so we chose to go for Tapas Tuesday!

On arrival, staff extremely friendly , chatty and helpful.

We started with the Homemade Shared Olive Foccacia – wonderful it was too!

Then we went for a range of dishes, to try a few things out, and I was dying to try the Salt Cod Fritters again!

• Chorizo Croquettes, Goats Cheese, Basil Pesto
• Salt Cod Fritters, Saffron Tartare Sauce
• Traditional Cheddar and Onion Tortilla
• Patatas Bravas

All absolutely perfect!

We’ve been raving about Shared Olive to family and friends since our first visit in March, and have continued since Tuesday night.

My highest compliments go out to everyone involved, because this is a real gem of a restaurant.

Going back on Saturday… and hopefully on Sunday too!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi IanPrice

Many thanks for writing such a detailed response, we're glad you've enjoyed your visits. 2 excellent reviews is really appreciated by myself and our staff.

Kind regards and we hope to see you back soon.