Borgo di Colleoli in Palaia is a stylish agroturismo resort in the Tuscan countryside between the rolling hills and fields full of sunflowers. The old buildings of the Borgo like the stables and the barns are rebuilt into villas with apartments with their own kitchens and hotel rooms. It is a bit confusing because there are reviews of the apartments, of the Fattoria and of K2. These are all parts of the Borgo. The hotel building is often referred to as the Palazzo but that is also part of the Borgo. The grounds of the Borgo are traffic free. There are no cars allowed but there are golf cars available for transporting luggage or guests. There is a parking lot, just an open spaceIt in the woods next to the church opposite to the Borgo, but space is limited.
We had a wonderful two week stay in a one bedroom apartment in one of the villas. The apartment was nicely decorated and good enough for two adults. The air conditioning units were hidden in the walls. There is nothing on the outside that disturbs the appearance of the old Tuscan style of the Borgo. There were the regular guest amenities, like shampoo, soap, and coffee and tea for the first days. There is no coffee machine but a small perculator. And there is no dish washer. The television is rather small and not with many international channels. We received two midweek cleanings of our apartment. The staff was very nice and helpful if we needed anything.
There are two swimming pools at the Borgo. One pool is climate controlled which means the water is cool in summertime and warm in colder months. One of the pools is especially for children. The Borgo provided us with four pool towels.
In the main plaza of the Borgo there are two restaurants who are operated independently. We went to both a few times for lunch or dinner. The food was good but a bit expensive. One night we enjoyed a buffet with live music. Just outside the Borgo there is another independent restaurant where we had a very good pizza.
WiFi is only available at he reception office of the Borgo which is a very small room and when the office closes down at night you have to sit outside with the mosquitos to use the internet.
We made lots of day trips in the area. Pisa is very near. But all the other famous Tuscan cities are in easy reach by car: Luca, Florence, San Gimignano, Volterra. We often just drove around the country side to enjoy the views and have some lunch.
When we checked in on Saturday there was a wedding party in the restaurants of the Borgo and in restaurant next door there was a party as well. We didn't have a reservation for any of the restaurants. We could wait in line for the restaurant next door to the Borgo which was only able to serve us pizzas. The next Saturday there was a wedding again! Be advised that when there is a wedding the it is almost impossible to find a parking space or your car might be blocked by a car of the wedding guests. We heard from the restaurants that the weddings are mainly held in Spring and Summer but that's also when the Borgo is filled with tourists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Borgo di Colleoli Resort, is an exclusive historical house, today an holiday estate offering more than 50 beautiful apartments located in the heart of Tuscany. This typical Tuscan hamlet with its individually furnished apartments ensconced amidst the famous Tuscan hillsides is close to Florence, Pisa, Siena and Lucca. Two splendid panoramic swimming pools, are exclusively available for the guests of the Borgo di Colleoli Resort. The Borgo di Colleoli apartments are located in a strategical position in Tuscany since all the best tourist destinations are within easy reach: whether you want to visit the cities of Arts, Siena, San Gimignano, Volterra, Pisa and Florence, or just want to play golf in Tuscany or perhaps go to the seaside, the Borgo di Colleoli Resort is just a few km far away from the renowned beaches of Forte dei Marmi, Pietrasanta, Viareggio, Cecina and its enchanted surroundigs Bolgheri and Castagneto Carducci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Borgo Di Colleoli Resort Tuscany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Apartments At Borgo Di Colleoli Hotel Palaia
- Borgo Di Colleoli Resort Tuscany Palaia, Italy