“BEST TRADITIONAL ITALIA FOOD” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Nedlands
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Traditional Italian, passionate service and great food.
“BEST TRADITIONAL ITALIA FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Bravi....We been on this restaurant few time ,the food and the service are impeccable .
The atmosphere it's rustic ,the chef prepare a very traditional fresh italian dish.
All the pasta it's homemade,we have a gnocchi with ragu ,and the gnocchi was moulted in your mouth ,the baby got ( carpet to)cook with Waite vine ,delicious ,tender served with rosemary roast potato .
Crema catalana very well done ,light soft.
We have impeccable service from a very experience metre di .
....soo for my opinion if you want eat a traditional,fresch,tasting italian cousine,good service ,nice atmosphere .
This is the place .
I will be back.

Visited April 2014

“Not recommended”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Just back from our first time at Osteria. Nice atmosphere. Meals were tasty but small. Service was…strange. We asked for the menu twice and still we had to wait…it seemed that only the head waiter could give it to us. We won't be back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Delicious food with a great vibe and a fun Maitre d'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Between the six of us, we ate calamari share plate, two pasta dishes, garlic prawns, garlic bread, goat, the fish special and six different desserts. Each dish had a wonderful combination of flavours and textures. Prices are reasonable and service is unobtrusive and careful. Our waiters coped with people who did not want to buy drinks and they stayed pleasant and upbeat throughout the evening. The sparkling mineral water was just fizzy enough to lift and clear the palate and the Pironi was served at the perfect temperature. The coffee was perfect! Absolutely spot on! The person who organised the evening is Italian and she told us this restaurant is one in eight that have received special commendation from the Italian Government. :-) I feel they know what they are talking about!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We dined tonight and had to come home and write a review straight away as I was so impressed.

A friend had recommended this restaurant sometime ago but we had never got around to visiting until this evening. The food was simply superb, made with good quality ingredients. We ordered lasagne which was made with pasta that is made in house and you can tell! We also got the gnocchi and a antipasti plate to share to start with.

The service was excellent, our Italian waiter was very friendly and clearly enjoyed and took pride in his job. He was very knowledgeable and interesting to chat to.

The prices were very reasonable for the standard of the food. Perth needs more restaurants like this one.

We will definitely be coming back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Australia
“Funny name, seriously good dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I visited with friends, one of whom recommended the place. He is a very discerning Italian who should have been a food critic. If he says it's good, you know it will be great. The dining room is larger than it looks from the outside, nicely decorated and full to capacity - so make a reservation ahead of time. The service was so good it took me by surprise. I would expect that level of service in Europe, not here in Perth. Divine fresh bread, baked in house was delivered to the table and refilled regularly during the meal, along with chilled water.
My good friend, the food critic ordered two plates of antipasto and it was excellent. I have to say, the portions were so generous, I could have stopped there. Fist sized boccincini, piles of prosciutto, grilled vegetables and more, it was fresh, fresh, fresh and fabulous! Did I mention the waiter polished your plate before placing it in front of you ? That, is service. The difference between a professional waiter and a kid trying to bumble his way around a table. It was service, elevated to an art.
The menu was excellent, for once I found it hard to choose but decided to go with the special of the day, pork belly. My friends chose the duck with mushrooms and the saltimbocca respectively.
The wait between courses was very reasonable considering there wasn't an empty seat in the house.
The mains were generous and cooked to perfection, I couldn't finish, the portion was so generous, it seemed a shame to waste such glorious food but I couldn't fit another bite.
After dinner and some time to digest, I was coerced into coffee and the affogato was vey good as were the complimentary Bacci chocolates that came with the coffee. Very nice.
If I have any criticism it would be the noise level in the restaurant, wasn't conducive to easy conversation and the lack of available parking but having said that, I really appreciated the stroll back to the car, which was only around the block.
I will be going back, sooner, I think, rather than later. The bill came to $150 for three of us, I have paid a LOT more for a lot less, phenomenal value for money. This place is a gem and they very much deserve the success they are obviously enjoying. Just go.

• Visited December 2013