“Delicious food with a great vibe and a fun Maitre d'” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Nedlands
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional Italian, passionate service and great food.
Perth, Australia
“Delicious food with a great vibe and a fun Maitre d'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Between the six of us, we ate calamari share plate, two pasta dishes, garlic prawns, garlic bread, goat, the fish special and six different desserts. Each dish had a wonderful combination of flavours and textures. Prices are reasonable and service is unobtrusive and careful. Our waiters coped with people who did not want to buy drinks and they stayed pleasant and upbeat throughout the evening. The sparkling mineral water was just fizzy enough to lift and clear the palate and the Pironi was served at the perfect temperature. The coffee was perfect! Absolutely spot on! The person who organised the evening is Italian and she told us this restaurant is one in eight that have received special commendation from the Italian Government. :-) I feel they know what they are talking about!

• Visited February 2014

“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We dined tonight and had to come home and write a review straight away as I was so impressed.

A friend had recommended this restaurant sometime ago but we had never got around to visiting until this evening. The food was simply superb, made with good quality ingredients. We ordered lasagne which was made with pasta that is made in house and you can tell! We also got the gnocchi and a antipasti plate to share to start with.

The service was excellent, our Italian waiter was very friendly and clearly enjoyed and took pride in his job. He was very knowledgeable and interesting to chat to.

The prices were very reasonable for the standard of the food. Perth needs more restaurants like this one.

We will definitely be coming back.

• Visited December 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Funny name, seriously good dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I visited with friends, one of whom recommended the place. He is a very discerning Italian who should have been a food critic. If he says it's good, you know it will be great. The dining room is larger than it looks from the outside, nicely decorated and full to capacity - so make a reservation ahead of time. The service was so good it took me by surprise. I would expect that level of service in Europe, not here in Perth. Divine fresh bread, baked in house was delivered to the table and refilled regularly during the meal, along with chilled water.
My good friend, the food critic ordered two plates of antipasto and it was excellent. I have to say, the portions were so generous, I could have stopped there. Fist sized boccincini, piles of prosciutto, grilled vegetables and more, it was fresh, fresh, fresh and fabulous! Did I mention the waiter polished your plate before placing it in front of you ? That, is service. The difference between a professional waiter and a kid trying to bumble his way around a table. It was service, elevated to an art.
The menu was excellent, for once I found it hard to choose but decided to go with the special of the day, pork belly. My friends chose the duck with mushrooms and the saltimbocca respectively.
The wait between courses was very reasonable considering there wasn't an empty seat in the house.
The mains were generous and cooked to perfection, I couldn't finish, the portion was so generous, it seemed a shame to waste such glorious food but I couldn't fit another bite.
After dinner and some time to digest, I was coerced into coffee and the affogato was vey good as were the complimentary Bacci chocolates that came with the coffee. Very nice.
If I have any criticism it would be the noise level in the restaurant, wasn't conducive to easy conversation and the lack of available parking but having said that, I really appreciated the stroll back to the car, which was only around the block.
I will be going back, sooner, I think, rather than later. The bill came to $150 for three of us, I have paid a LOT more for a lot less, phenomenal value for money. This place is a gem and they very much deserve the success they are obviously enjoying. Just go.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Australia
“Excellent service and meal at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has a nice friendly buzz, is reasonably quite yet is large in scale. Service was excellent and mine host too was most affable and friendly. My wife loved her spatchcock dish, my tiger prawns were perfect. My friend has the capretto forno...goat that was perfectly cooked, and his wife had a beautiful piece of local fish. The recommended wine was $24 per bottle, and it was excellent, 2009 to boot! The antipasto entree was excellent, as were the salsiccia. All in all an excellent meal that cost $60 per head including the 2 bottles of wine. Excellent value, service and meal.

Visited October 2013
Perth, Australia
“Lovely food in a great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We enjoyed a really great dinner at Osteria. Four of us had varying dishes including pasta, fish and veal. All were very tasty, and beautifully presented. We also ordered 4 desserts, all of which were beautifully presented and tasty. The Tiramisu was a little dry and 'Cakey' but I'm being picky.

The only drawback at Osteria was that the service was a little inattentive. But at the same time the staff were very friendly and knowledgeable of their products.

• Visited August 2013