“Great Guys!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 16 Attractions in Chachapoyas
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer daily trips and Trekking, to visit numerous historical, archeological and natural monuments. contact with communities, cloud forest.Complejo Arqueologico de Kuelap, Catarata de Gocta 771mt, Sarcofagos de Karajia, Pueblo de los Muertos, Gran Vilaya, Laguna de los Condores.
Michigan, United States
“Great Guys!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We visited Kuelap last summer (July 2012) with Manuel but had several interactions with both Carlos and Manuel, and our experiences with them were great! Kuelap was beautiful and Manuel was very knowledgeable. He answered our questions well and explained many intricate features of the ruins, including the local plant life. I am not terribly fluent in Spanish, but I understood Manuel's Spanish very well. Carlos is a fluent English speaker. They have established a great agency, they are great guys, and they really love what they do as guides. I highly recommend using this agency when you are hoping to travel in Peru slightly off the beaten path. :)

Visited September 2012

Santiago, Chile
“Amazon Expedition.. Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I really recommend this agency! Manuel and Carlo know every single spot and they can take you to the most wonderful places you have ever been! You will get impressed with their knowledge about the historic details that you will feel as living at ancient times. They are so friendly that I can asure you will have a magnific journey with them.. as I did. Thank you Amazon Expedition!

Visited February 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Wonderful knowledgeable guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was a teacher in Chachapoyas for three months and had many interactions with Manuel and Carlos. They are both very knowledgeable guides who know the trails, plants, and animals in the areas all around Chachapoyas very well. It is a great experience to listen to all the fun bits of information they can tell you about each and every place you visit. They are fun guys who make sure that whoever they are hiking with are comfortable. I would recommend them to anyone. By far the best guides I met in Peru. I you are in Chachapoyas. Visit them and take a tour.

Visited November 2012
California, USA
7 attraction reviews
“the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

There are various agencies you can choose from in Chachapoyas but this one had the most to offer at good prices. Their guides are very knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. Not to mention bilingual, which helps when you want to know the history of the places you are visiting. They offer some unique hikes that definitely should be taken advantage of. My favorite place in Peru is Gran Shubet! I highly recommend it.

Visited September 2012
“Friendly and professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I booked my Kuelap tours with these guys, and considering that most agencies in the town will sell you pretty much the same thing, for the roughly the same price- this company still managed to stand out, hands down.

They were upfront with everything and were friendly, while remaining professional. They are extremely knowledgable-and everything we asked we received a prompt and thorough answer. Our guide was great, and the site of Kuelap should not be missed!! I'm planning to return soon to this wonderful region-in which there is so much to see and do and would have no hesitations about using this company again.
Amsa