“A REFUGE BESIDE THE DANUBE FOR THE SECOND TIME.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pension u Srncika

Pension u Srncika
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Devin
Pension u Srncika
Hutnicka 2, Devin 841 10, Slovakia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Devin B&B and Inns
Remington, Indiana
“A REFUGE BESIDE THE DANUBE FOR THE SECOND TIME.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is our second time here and it is simply delightful. On the outskirts of Bratislava near the point where another main river joins the Duna (Danube) There is some kind of a Slavish celebration going on, having to do with religion, but we can't quite make it all our. At lunch we invited two ladies to sit at our table on the patio because all was full, and fortunately one of them spoke German, so we got along fine.

We work with people here who have made the arrangments for us, so the language is absolutely no problem for us. This is a quiet area, beds are clean and comfortable, and the price is affordable. Thanks to the friendly staff and the people who made our arrangements.

Room Tip: If you don't speak the local language it is best to get help from someone who does.
Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I booked this pension some months before my trip through BratislavaHotels.com, who rely on the establishment to confirm bookings. The confirmation was not sent in a timely fashion and, when it was sent, it contained one word only, in Slovak. As I don't speak Slovak, I had to re-email to ask them if it was confirmed or not. Eventually I received one word again "confirmed". No salutations, greetings, etc.

The nature of my stay was an overnight stay as I needed to catch a flight the next day from Vienna airport. The pension was in a convenient location as I was coming down from Poland. The location of the pension was good in relation to where I was heading and was easy to find. The hotel allocated me a tiny room which was disappointing as I booked a long time ahead. It felt cramped and stuffy. Internet was also promised in the room but I was later told that it's only available from the hallway! There was no table in the hall so I had to balance my laptop on my knees to use it.

I was told when I checked in that breakfast would be at 8:00. Later the owner said that it would be "not possible" to serve breakfast before 9:00(!) and that it would cost me an extra 10 euro. I was under the impression that it would be included in the price. I skipped breakfast as I had a plane to catch and 9 was too late.

The pension is not run in a professional manner. I was left with the impression that it's more interested in running the restaurant rather than the hotel section. To serve breakfast at 9 is ridiculous and it was obvious that they were not really interested in providing it.

I would certainly never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Pension u Srncika? Share your experiences!