“Customer service Nil.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Marino
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Customer service Nil.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel staff are very poor. On arrival there was one dismissive guy at the desk. No welcoming smile - we waited for him to give us the expected information but it never came. It was a case of here's your key get on with it. This attitude continued through to all of the staff - the breakfast was one of the worst continental breakfasts ever....do not expect too much here or any service. I wouldn't say like some other reviewers have experienced, that the staff were rude, but I would agree that they simply just aren't bothered and show indifference. I would agree that it was as if, it was like a favour to answer any questions we had.

Watch out for the taxis, do your home work and don't be ripped off. From the airport (2km) we were given a price of 40euros - when we refused to pay this and got into another we ended up paying 20euros it really is a maximum of 10 mins to the hotel.

Directions to train/bus are badly signed, what signs!? when we did arrive along with another couple sent from one park hotel the train didn't even arrive - so we ordered a taxi which conveniently had 15euros on the meter even before we set off - this cost us 42 euros into the city.

The Main attractions are great. Rome really is a beautiful city, getting around from this location however is poor, along with poor directions, rip off taxis poor poor customer service - there are better budget hotels out there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

After booking my holiday through Lowcostholidays we decided to stay at the One Park for 4 nights. I was dubious at first as we wanted to stay in a 4 star but the One Park seemed ok from the pictures so we gave it a go. During our stay the hotel staff were very friendly and helped with any queries we had. The rooms were more than adequate and they even had HD Tv's which we were very pleased with. The location is a quiet village called Santa Maria Delle Mole, there are shops located nearby and the train station is only a 7 minute walk from the hotel. The trains run every 20-30 minutes and it is a 15 minute trip to Termini where you can jump the metro to all the sights Rome has to offer. I would definately stay at the One Park again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've recently come back from staying 3 nights here and had a fantastic weekend. A well priced hotel outside of Rome. The neighbourhood's fine, we didn't really see any locals. The staff were friendly and helpful and the restaurant was good home cooked food. The walk to the train station is 12 minutes (timed) and is easy enough to find (crossing the main road is fun!). When we go back to Rome, we will stay within the city limits only because the last train is at 10pm, but if it's a cheap, basic, clean hotel you're after then I recommend this one. It's ideal for a base to sleep, wash, eat breakfast, if a little out of the way. If you like complaining about things then don't stay here because you'll always find fault.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Banbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We booked here through expedia as we were flying back from Rome and needed a hotel near to the airport. Well there are not many too choose from!

I can only describe this as a Formula 1 or Travel Lodge trying to be something it is not!

My room (312) stunk of cigarette smoke, it was a small room with a hardboard bed, a shower cubicle suitable for 2 year olds. The staff were very good and seemed friendly, the restaurant was ok. Food was acceptable, plain and not fancy, ok!

Great value hotel, there is no competition and they know it!

Trying to find it, get SatNav is our advice!

Room Tip: Stay out of town!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bandung, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

1. Worst location
In the middle of nowhere, it is located near the airport, but still far from Rome. You have to take a bus and a metro or a train directly to the Rome termini station
2. Worst service
The staffs are not very welcome at all, especially the receptionist. very, very, very rude.. and not helping at all..
3. Worst breakfast
The same thing over and over again..
4. Worst room
Smelly, the air conditioning wasn't working especially the bathroom condition. the draining wasn't working properly so there was flood every time we finished shower.

So the conclusion is THE WORST HOTEL EVER..

Don't let the cheap price fooled you, it is cheap because they have NO QUALITY AT ALL..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Gatineau, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

We were sent to this hotel by our airline (Ryanair Europe) when our flight was cancelled. The entrance hall was bright and clean looking. Don't be fooled however as this is just a cover for what's awaiting in your room. The first room we were given was in the basement. It looked clean but we noticed some discrete little critters crawling on the floor as we entered. One of them I had accidentally stepped on and it look liked a crunched cockroach, but as I never saw one live in my life before and given it's state, I couldn't be sure. I didn't take a chance as my 13 year old daughter was quite concerned about the insect and asked for a second room. The front deck clerck had no reaction when I suggested there were insects in the room and after I insisted to get another room on an upper floor, he realigned his reservations and gave us a room on the 3rd floor (which really is the level just above the ground level). After checking the room promptly as I turned the lights on and doing a visual inspection including in the bathroom (I wasn't brave enough however to open drawers or closet doors), we moved to inspect the beds. The first one was fine but when I opened the sheets of the secon one, a huge cockroach came "flying" out of there, crawling under the bed faster than anyother bug I saw before. I had seen cockroaches on tv and online before and therer no longer was an ydoubt in my mind that this is exactly what it was. My daughter was terrorized, crying and shaking with fear. We litterally ran to the front desk to complain about the presence of cockroaches int he room and again, the front desk clerk offered no reaction whatsoever, no denying or surprise, he simply answered that they were fully booked. A women in the waiting area came to talk to us an ackowledged what we had encountered, indicating she and her husband had been stuck there for 3 days. Well let me tell you we didn't stick around for 3 seconds after that. We grabbed the first taxi we saw and asked to be driven right back to the center of Roma. This was a very traumatizing experience to both my daughter and I and will shadow our beautiful memories of our stay in Roma. Shame on you One Park Hotel! I sincerely wish that the health department comes and shut you down.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

We arrived after a wonderful trip in Rome to a location that on the website stated that the hotel was a FEW metres from the Velletri train line and let me tell everyone who reads this that it was definately NOT!!!!!!!.
It was so badly sign posted that we ended up in a town that actually scared us,and even asking locals,they could not point us in the right direction,but we eventually found it by walking up a very dark and lonely road and if i had been on my own, as a girl i would have been totally scared..
The staff-well one guy at the desk was rude and it was like a favour to answer any question we had. The taxi to the airport was a rip off at 25 euro when it only costs a set rate of 30 euro from the centre of ROME and this hotel is ONLY 10 MINS from the airport.!!!!!
So all in all a very mad choice if you think it will be good ,believe me there are better budget hotels out there.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to One Park Hotel? Share your experiences!