“septic stink & Tom collins = lemon juice consentrate & ice” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Huntsville, Ontario, Canada
“septic stink & Tom collins = lemon juice consentrate & ice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

dont order a tom collins .. it was revolting with no taste of alcohol at all. tasted like stright lemon juice consentrate with something unidentifyable and ice in glass with lime wedge and straw.

the order of chicken fingers was huge for a "kids" oder.. fat white meat chcicken fingers to boot!
i was impressed, the kids chesse pizza was large enough to cover a dinner plate and with an impressive amount of cheese also.
my meatball sanwich was acceptable and my wife fish and chips looked good but either it or her side gravy gave her gut rot .. she was on the toilet all night.

the gravy tasted absolutley disgusting, and smelled terribly aweful.

the waitresses could have all been daughters of the owners, all barley old enoough to serve alcohol, they scrambled around asking each other were food was supposed to be going, handing plates of food to each other several times.

service from being seating to first food arriving was just over an hour. the outside was half full and the inside was only 3 tables full.

both my sons finished their orange juice before the food arrived, and we twice had to flag our waitress down for refills.. she must have a terrible memory as even after she brough our food 20 minutes later, no refills were to be had, we asked again then but still never got refills.

the restaurant had their septic tank pumped after the food arrived, the smell filled the restaurant and was revolting... if this isnt illegal it should be.. we had to leave immediately when the pumping started as the kids was complaining and i ws going to be physically sick.

no appoligies and no acknoledgement of the putred stink were made by the owner who turns out was being the bar, pouring boxed something or other into whatever "drink" he was murdering next as we left.

i left my top down on my car, as i was parked directly beside where the truck parked to pump (blocking me in until the guy beside me also left early) the stink stayed in my car all the way home and through the next day.

when it was time to pay, we were in a rush along with several other familes wanting to escape the septic tank fiasco, the waitress insited in standing in the middle of the floor with a cordless debit/credit machine, more than arms reach from and table or the bar.. she fumbled with it, not having a flat surface to put in on. making even that an overly painful experience.

they need new staff and the owner needs to take a weekend bar tending class if he wishes to remain behind the bar... or refuse to make mixed drinks of any kind.

this used to be the fiery grill, and has been cleaned up a lot since changing, all the dead flies are gone... but be wary of eating here... absolutely dont order the gravy.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Dorset, Canada
“Great Food Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We've eaten here a couple of times and love the new owner's menu, the smoked brisket is excellent and the roasted chicken is fantastic, so far i haven't heard anything bad about the food. Unfortunately, because there aren't many restaurant choices in Dorset it is frantically busy here sometimes and the wait staff are trying their best to keep up with the kitchen. I didn't mind the extra wait but could see it might annoy some people.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Great overhaul - fantastic and attentive owners!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We have been thrilled with our recent experiences at Trading Bay Dining! I had mentioned on a previous visit that I like a particular wine and by our next visit the owner had it in stock!! Wow! The pulled pork is unreal and the service is friendly and helpful! ALSO*** they allow you to bring your own wine and charge a corkage!! Very impressive!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Great location on the water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We enjoyed cold drinks on the deck and watched a very busy water-side community in action. We did not try the food, but our drinks were good and the service was fast and friendly.

Visited July 2012
Dorset, Canada
“Horrible Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Having been a resident of the area for many years I was glad to see the restaurant remain open after the previous owner decided to get out of the business, since I take many of my visitors to the eatery. I was extremely disappointed in the customer service during my recent visit. The food was regular deep fried "pub grub" which was fine with me since its nice just to have the option of a dine-in establishment in the town.
When my bill showed a discrepancy of what the waitress had previously advised me was the cost of an item, I spoke with the owner. He immediatley became defensive and told me "you had your chance to talk now it's your turn to listen to me..." I was shocked at the approach he took to dealing with an unhappy customer to say the least. He never once apologized for the waitress' "misunderstanding" and I left feeling very disappointed with my dining experience, The owner certainly seems to NOT follow the "customer is always right" approach to service. I will think twice about taking future visitors.

• Visited July 2012