“Good comfort food with amazing view” 4 of 5 stars

(705) 887-1986
Website
Improve this listing
Meaford, Canada
“Good comfort food with amazing view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

During our vacation in Fenelon Falls we decided to sightsee the lift locks where we discovered this cute little pizza and ice cream parlour that offered seating with direct view of the lift locks. We ended up going here twice. The pizza was very good and fresh without the usual hard dry thick crusts at most places. They had several flavours of ice cream to choose from, all of which seemed fairly recent and not freezer burnt. The staff were friendly and both times we went in there was a super friendly smiling person there to take our order. The prices were great and very light on the wallet. Whether you're a couple young or old out on a stroll or date, stop in, grab an ice cream and enjoy the beautiful view on the outdoor couple. And if you're a family the kids are going to love the ice cream choices

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
Toronto, Canada
“Cute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stopped here to get some ice cream and a funnel cake. The funnel cake was delicious and so was the ice cream! The prices were pretty good as well. Seemed like they had a wide variety of food, like pizza, pulled pork sandwiches, fries, salads, etc.

It was also nice because it was right on the locks and they had a patio! Would return here again in the future.

Visited August 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Owner was Incredibly Rude + Not Kid Friendly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

First off, I will say that I have never written a negative review...but, felt the need to on this one. I have been frequenting this location (through various restaurant and ownership changes) for the last 35 years (since I was born); however,will not go back to this one until a change of ownership.

I have two very well behaved kids, 1 and 3 who were sitting in their small stroller very quietly waiting for their milkshakes...I was holding my ice cream and their shakes were being made at which point the owner said my stroller was not welcome in the store...keep in mind it is very small and we were standing out of the way...I said I was waiting for my milkshakes and he said I would have to do so outside...other patrons were also angry at which point he raised his voice at me...I nicely asked for an apology and he stormed away and shouted "I am not sorry"!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Barrie, Canada
“great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Only stopped for the scenery but they were in the perfect location. Sat and watched the boats goes through the lock and it was great having some great ice cream

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Head Lake, Ontario
“Decent product. But owner is rude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I purchased 2 slushies and an ice cream cone. The ice cream was not bad, there were lots of kinds to choose from. Same with the slushies. But the owner was rude. Getting mad when I took a second to decide what I wanted. And telling me and my friend to "shut up" when we were talking on the patio. Even though there was no one else in the building. Overall decent product. Horrible service.

• Visited June 2012