“It's a Great Summer's Day Lunch Location” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Vegetarian, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Newcastle, Canada
“It's a Great Summer's Day Lunch Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Across from the Fenelon Falls lock and mooring basin, on their deck or at the edge of the indoor open to the air seating a great spot for a drink and lunch on an Ontario day trip of the Kawartha Lakes and surrounds. As others have noted a grand location for boat and people watching, perhaps wanting two or three more small umbrellas on the deck!

My wife had their classic burger, while I had a chicken wrap. Both came with excellent fries. We probably could have shared the wrap ordered with fries and split a salad!

Regardless a relaxing lunch accompanied by a very spicy Caesar that demanded a second and a cold glass of draft beer, followed by a walk around town.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Toronto
“Great place to people watch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Dropped in for lunch while I was in town. Nice outdoor patio with an umbrella, as it was full sun this day. View of the locks, we watched a few boats go up and down in the lock while waiting for our food. My wife and I both ordered the steak sandwich with sweet potatoe fries..... yummy !!!

Staff was friendly, the place clean. No complaints here.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Loved the food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This review is long overdue (about a year!). I am a bit (LOL) of a procrastinator. I also didn't have high speed internet at the time so going to websites was like pulling teeth - slow and painful.
I would like to mention that I have eaten at the Lake House numerous times. Many times I will get take out food because I am on my way home from work and I don't want to pick up my husband and drive back and then home again.
What made your place really special for me was an occasion when a female friend of mine and I went there to celebrate the sale of her business and her retirement. I checked your wine list before hand and you did not have what I was looking for. You said you would pick up a bottle for me under your license and did not charge me an outrageous fee. That was awesome. We had appetizers and a main course and we loved every bite. My steak was perfectly cooked (it must be RARE! and hardly ever is in most places) and my friend's meal was also perfect. We had no room for dessert but we did linger over coffee and a liqueur. We appreciate what you did for us.
Having said all that, I have found your food to be excellent every time we have eaten there (or from there). Yes, it's pricier than some but I have never been disappointed. Every time I ask for something a little "different" than how it is described on the menu, it's never an issue. For example: adding hot sauce or hot peppers to a burger that doesn't come with it, adding blue cheese dressing to something or leaving something off the plate, and so on. It has always been served exactly as I requested.
I have read some negative reviews on this site and all I can say is that someone must have had a bad day, whether server, cook or customer. I have never had a bad experience. Keep up the good work. If you wonder why you got a 4 instead of a 5 in the rating it's because I really do find some of your prices a little high. I understand the reasons but unless I am feeling really expansive, $15 for a burger/fries (as fresh as they are) niggles at me.
Best of luck!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lindsay, Canada
“Nice Spot on the Locks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Came in for the first time over the weekend. Had a good burger and my wife had a sandwich. Everything was well prepared and quick. Service was friendly and helpful. We had a nice visit and will be back for sure!

• Visited April 2014
Fenelon Falls, Canada
“Good spot for Lock Viewing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Lousy food, poor service, pricy for standard so so cranked out meals. Done going there and will not return. Cookie cutter food, drinks expensive and washrooms were not well kept. A place where those who have never been before will try. Question will they return?

• Visited July 2013