“Italian Gem” 5 of 5 stars

via Pozzo, 21 | vicino via Roma, 06069 Tuoro sul Trasimeno, Italy   |
NJ
“Italian Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I and two friends spent 4 nights here two weeks ago and it was delightful. Our Jr. suite was spacious, clean and charming. The staff is terrific and extremely accommodating and the setting is gorgeous. Ristorante is very good as well as the wine list, with many reasonably priced wines. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
icapriccidimerion, Proprietario at I Capricci di Merion, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thanks to you all for your review, we are really happy you appreciated our rooms and restaurant,
see you next time
Arianna, Stefano and the Staff

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Superb experience. A fine old house converted into a hotel with beautiful gardens and swimming pool. Also an excellent restaurant with good wines at all price levels. Definitely a place to spend time at.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
icapriccidimerion, Proprietario at I Capricci di Merion, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words...we appreciate it!
Arianna, Stefano and the Staff
Cheadle Hulme
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I deliberated over the star rating for this one for some time, between 4 and 5 stars.yes I had a few small niggles, but I ended up knowing it was definitely 4.5 stars or more and therefore had to be 5 star.

A truly beautiful hotel in a beautiful location & setting, with lovely individually decorated rooms all characterised with unique antique furniture. Great warm welcome on arrival, in good English, to this rustic Italian property.

There are only 9 rooms, which gives you an idea of the indivudal service that is provided. We had Molière at the top on the 3rd floor. This gave us a private secluded walled balcony, enabling sunbathing with clothes on or off ;-) The ceiling of our room had been painted with fluorescent paint to mimic a star scape...for someone like me who struggles to get to sleep sometimes this was awesome. The bathroom had a great rain shower, which is perfect for me, but other might find a lack of a bath disappointing. Friends had a suite on the 1st floor which had a lovely four poster bed and a beautifully decorated reception area.

Guests receive 1 hour free use of the 'Emotional Spa', a secluded area where you can lock the door and be on your own with total privacy. There is a jacuzzi with two types of jet, a 'Tropical' shower with three different modes, and a sauna which has easily adjustable temperature including an LCD readout so you know exactly what temperature it is. The sauna roof has those lovely fibre optic 'stars' in the ceiling. The light in the jacuzzi changes colour in sync with the lights on top of the sauna, which together with a choice of 20 different teas means this part of your day will pass all too quickly! The is also a nice pool side, which was just about warm enough. One end of the pool contained more jacuzzi jets so was good for relaxing. Both the hotel, our room and the pool area have views of the picturesque lake.

We only ate breakfast at the hotel as we were staying in the area for a wedding, but it was good...just no hot food - a continental selection only. Can you tell...this was one of my small gripes! But it was all fresh, flavoursome local produce with excellent cappuccino's, so I learnt to go with out for three days...

Francesca on reception gave us great service all week so deserves a mention...we even had a breakfast 'picnic' provided due to an early departure on our last morning, we hadn't asked for this so it was a nice surprise.

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you this part of Italy is simply stunning, just be aware you do need a car.  I wouldn't hesitate to heartily recommend this hotel for your stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
icapriccidimerion, Proprietario at I Capricci di Merion, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your words...you described so well and in detail our Villa that there's no much left to add! Speaking of breakfast, we knew from your friends about your leaving early and tought you will have enjoyed something to eat, even if not a proper breakfast.
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 days on honeymoon.

The hotel is located in a very quiet and beautiful garden with pool. So, if you are looking for family holiday place, this hotel is fine.
Also we were pleasantly surprised that SPA in the hotel (sauna and jacuzzi) is free of charge.

There is pretty good restaurant in the hotel with Michelin star. Dishes are delicious and unusually decorated.

The room is the only thing that disappointed us. We lived in Puccini suite. To be honest, it needs repair, because we had problems with the sluice in the toilet and light in the room (many bulbs were not light).
Bed was not very comfortable, because everytime you can feel your feet the iron back of the bed.
Also, there is small jacuzzi instead of the shower and you cannot stand there, because the bottom is not flat.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Aside from the tiniest of hiccups, with our booking, we could not find fault in this, peaceful, charming, romantic place.

We were getting married in the area a few weeks ago and had rented a villa for ourselves and our guests, but we wanted to spend a view days in the area before the guests arrived to familiarize ourselves with the area and relax.

This is the most peaceful place that we have ever stayed and it was the perfect place to relax before our wedding. It pool is gorgeous, the rooms are charming, the food is beautiful and the spa is an excellent bonus.

I have already recommended it and I look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
icapriccidimerion, Proprietario at I Capricci di Merion, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words...and see you next time!
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I Capricci di Merion is the most romantic place where I've ever been, cared for in all details, perfect service, affordable prices, great kitchen, wonderful wellness experience, charming rooms and a great selection of songs, which played at a soft volume, will accompany everywhere in the villa apart from your own room. Wishing you a magic stay at I Capricci di Merion!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
icapriccidimerion, Proprietario at I Capricci di Merion, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
We don't find enough words to say...Thank you!!!!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We ate in the restaurant of I Capricci di Merion in July 2012 while on holiday in Italy. The restaurant is hidden away in Tuoro on shores of Lake Trasimeno. We ate outside in gardens of hotel. The food was excellent - especially the potato and truffle tart to start. The service was excellent and teh meal very good value for money. We will certainly by back soon!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Proprietario at I Capricci di Merion, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your compliments, we are happy to know that you like our Restaurant and food !

Been to I Capricci di Merion? Share your experiences!