“Not bad. Can't complain.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of spice of india

spice of india
77 Ringwood Road, Verwood, England
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Verwood
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Marbella, Spain
“Not bad. Can't complain.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Food good,service excellent. Only just opened for the evening so no other diners. But I would go back. Decent enough.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

verwood
“Great local Indian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have eaten in this restaurant many times now and we have been very happy with the service and quality. The prawn on Puri is the best in the area. Saag bhaji is amazing too.

We have eaten in many Indians and this is by far one of our top 3.

Definitely worth a night out.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Verwood, United Kingdom
“Impeccable food and very good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have been this restuarant 8 times to eat inside and have had at least 10 takeaways in the last 6 months. I believe that now is a good time to write a review because I have been at different times of the evening and on different days with different sized groups of people. I hope that this will give a wider and balanced view. This is just a review of my experiences and opinion only. Other people may differ in their views and that is entirely their choice.

I have been pleased with my food and the service received. In all of the times that I have been there (or had a delivery/collection) the food has been first class. The food is impeccable and rightly so as the manager says the head chef has more than 30 years experience. The food is reasonable portioned but full of flavour so you are satisfied by the end

Service was very good. We were offered drinks and they arrived promptly. We know the food would be arriving very soon as the waiters would place the hot plates (to keep the food warm) just before the food arrived. On week days, food arrived quickly and on time which was expected because week days are fairly quiet. On weekends, food does take longer but that is expected because it can get very busy around 7 and 9. In hindsight, I understand that the kitchen has to juggle several tables and deliveries and collections but when you are sat there, you cannot wait for your food! Especially when the door to the kitchen opens and you get sudden smells of the food. The food is all cooked as and when the order is placed. I suppose that is the compromise between freshly cook food with flavour and time spent waiting at peak times on weekends.

The staff were very polite and accommodating to requests. For example, we had children with us on occasion time and they were happy to make chips for the little'uns. Also my nephew really dislikes the coriander on the top of some curries. When asked, the staff make a note of this and voila, no coriander for my nephews curry! In my experience, the staff are accommodating to requests like. My other half cannot handle hot food but the chef was happy to make a slightly milder madras curry.

Deliveries on weekdays arrive pretty much bang on the time quoted by the person on the phone. I have ordered once on a Friday night. On this occasion, the waiter did say the waiting time was going to be longer (approx 1 hour as opposed to approx 45 mins on weekdays) but I was happy with this.

In conclusion, this is a great restaurant with impeccable food. The staff try very hard to make it an enjoyable experience. Unless you are prepared to wait, it is best to try out initially on a quiet weekday or order earlier in the day on a weekday. I am happy with my experiences from this restaurant and would not hesitate to recommend to others

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
uk
“First class service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our first visit to The Spice of India and we sampled the Tuesday night's Gourmet Evening. It didn't disappoint. Our first impressions were how clean it was, the cutlery, glasses and crockery were spotless and sparkling. The staff were very attentive and polite. I'm looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Verwood, United Kingdom
“Let down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I would like to consider ourselves a fairly regular attender to this restaurant, going to eat there probably once every two to three months, and usually get good service and food, but the past two times, one on a weekend and the other on a weekday night have been disappointing, service was slow and unattentive, with our last visit taking almost two hours to get our main,and not being offered any drinks after having received our first ones when we had first arrived and it was only when we complained that someone dealt with us saying that they were busy, which is fine but the table next to us had sat after us and had received and finished there main well before we even got ours and they had received several rounds of drinks, when we did finally get our main it was not up to the usual standard, with the chicken in my curry resembling the ready to cook straight from frozen chicken strips you get from Icelands, and not alot of the meat in the sauce, the restaurant which does get busy seems to be more concerned in the take away side of things and getting several sittings in over the course of the evening, so rush you if early to get your table but come in later you have the take away side of things to contend with, shame really, won't hurry back any time soon

• Visited February 2013