“Meal out with family.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Meal out with family.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We went here recently and went for a light lunch. Although we thought it would be small the portions were very generous and we did actually manage to eat it all ! Very nice food and staff.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This has to be one of the best places to eat in Stonehaven. Excellent menu even for someone as fussy as me!!!
Food piping hot when served, tasted fresh and we'll cooked, beautifully presented, but not pretentious.
Waiting staff were friendly and attentive without rushing us at all, despite being extremely busy.
Catered for our three year old well, while our food was served on heated plates, her's was on a cooler plate.
The chef came out of the kitchen to glance around, checking al was well on a couple of occasions.
Overall a completely pleasant experience in a family friendly atmosphere. Would certainly recommend to others.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stonehaven, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Excellent food served from a menu featuring a range of daily specials & the usual regular pub grub meals. Staff are friendly helpful & knowledgeable. You are always allowed to take as long as you need over your meal & never feel rushed in spite of this being a busy eatery. Would certainly recommend to anyone looking for a nice meal in a relaxed atmosphere.

Visited March 2014
Portlethen, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I went for supper with my daughter and family (7 of us) for a start they have these brilliant round tables and seating which means we can all talk to each other without anyone getting left out as in a rectangle table. The waiting staff were really friendly and helpful and the food itself couldn't be faulted. I especially liked the wee side salad, it was really tasty unlike most places which give you a clump of purple curly leaves and call it a salad! And the prices were reasonable too. We'll definitely go there again. We also got a good supply of crayons and paper for the kids to keep them amused - very important!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stonehaven, United Kingdom
“Bad food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

On Christmas Eve I took two young American students for dinner hoping to impress them about Scottish hospitality. Not so, the food was barely warm and the vegetables especially baby potatoes hard.I asked for chunky fries to replace the potatoes and got skinny ones. The portions weren't enough even for a pensioner which I am, I paid with a credit card which was taken upstairs to the office while I waited at the bar. I wrote to the owners a few days later but got no response. Last week I emailed them, still no response. I am a local resident and have many overseas visitors but will not recommend the Royal to anyone, even locals!!