“lovely” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Stonehaven, United Kingdom
“lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I like going here for tea. The place itself is lovey and the staff are very friendly. I also love the delicate china they use to serve tea, it makes it feel Just that little bit more special, a bit of a treat. I am celiac and can rely on there being something in the way of cake on offer and it's always been very, very good. Nice generous portions and beautifully presented. Definitely recommended.

scotland
“Nice food for good price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Hi, handy for the harbour and beech; nice food and value for money. pleasant decor and friendly staff. A good venue to get your lunch.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Wonderful food and really pleasent people in a pretty coastal town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Cool Gourmet was one of the best meals we had in Scotland and people running the place were just the most pleasent and friendly people, it was an extremely pleasent meal experience and really excellent food from start to finish!

We had just finished touring the ruins of Castle Dunnottar a couple of miles south of Stonehaven and needed someplace to eat lunch so a quick check of Trip Advisor listed 27 or so restraunts in Stonehaven and Cool Gourmet was the second or third one listed with the type of food we were looking for. This was extremely lucky for us. One of our party of four requires a Gluten free diet due to a food allergy and had been having some difficulty getting a full meal when we stopped places during our travels in Scotland. Cool Gourmet not only had numerous Gluten free selections it had a varety of absouletly delicious foods for the rest of our party.

To start with, it had been a long time since my breakfast coffee and I really needed a good coffee. I ordered my usual double espresso and it was perfectly done and very strong, just as I like it. My wifes Mocha and her sisters Latte were also excellent.

And the soups! The soups were amazing! between our party of four we had three different soups and the were all superb! It is really nice when a small place like this has more than one "soup of the day" and there were four or five available and the three we tried were absolutely delicious!

And the main entrees! There were four different entrees in our group and they were all excellent and the portions were very generous.

And the desserts! Oh my gosh, the desserts! They had a vast selection of cakes and bars, and several gluten free ones as well. Everyone in our party rated their selection as excellent.

Thank you Trip Advisor for listing this establishment and thank you very much Cool Gourmet for being excellent. I recommend this place to anyone who wants an excellent meal in Stonehaven.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Delicious home baking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Home baking to die for. We were treated to different types of sponges, cakes, biscuits and sweets all made in-house. They did outside catering for our location film crew of 50 which was all delicious and no mean feat to get just right-much better than guys that have been doing location catering for years. Really nice people, too. If your near stonehaven pop in for lovely coffee and a good muffin!! :)

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Go there now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My friend and I stumbled accidentally upon Cool Gourmet on a cold windy morning in May this year whilst on holiday.
What a find. Our food was delicious. We chose soup and were astonished to be given six choices of lovely sounding soups! We then treated ourselves to a fantastic piece of lemon meringue pie, and both agreed it was the best we'd ever had. It was so good I bought more to take home.
The staff were delightful and obviously spend every waking hour mixing, baking and tasting.....
I so wish that I lived within 400 miles of this place, but then again it wouldn't do my waist line any good at all!
10 out of 10 ladies!