“great food homemade” 5 of 5 stars

Description: maggiemaysstonehaven.co.uk
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“great food homemade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Cullen Skink soup a speciality . Good chosice of main courses and sandwiches, paninis , baked potates Coffee especially,good lovely choice of cakes and desserts Open daily till 4pm Prices reasonable

Visited May 2013

84% Recommend
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Quaint tea shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stopped en-route for tea and scones.. The tea came in lovely china cups and saucers. The warm scones, with butter and a choice of preserves followed shortly.. Service was very good. The place was clean and tidy and we were in and out in 30mins.. (our choice as we don't linger)

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth, United Kingdom
“Food Good, Service Terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Visited on Saturday and got a table for 3 no problem. Ordered 3 hot drinks and 3 hot snacks. Drinks came immediately, snacks 25 minutes later once we'd finished drinks. No explanation as to why the long wait.

We've been once before for coffee and a scone. Service was find for this. Perhaps if you can't serve hot food quickly you need to stick to serving scones and cakes.

Or at least get some idea of customer service and warn people how long it will take, and ASK when you want drinks.

Very doubtful if we'll return.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Aberdeenshire
“I'VE NOT REALLY HAD ANY GOOD EXPERIENCES IN MAGGIE MAY'S”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've not really had any good experiences in Maggie May's, so really think a helping of consistency wouldn't go amiss. I've visited 3 or 4 times for a coffee with a friend and found it almost impossible to relax with constant distractions, and clattering going on. it is a small place, but I do wish the staff would bear that in mind when they are dealing with dishes and communicating with each other, and refrain from shouting across the room to customers too.

Our last visit on a Saturday afternoon really wasn't pleasant, and I couldn't wait to get out. I'd only agreed as my husband had never been. The only seats available were one in the window on a 'far-too-high' cushioned bench seat, which saw him sitting way too high for the table, and one of two chairs I took opposite. We had no sooner sat down, hadn't seen a waitress, or a menu when two other customers who came in were TOLD to share our table by the young waitress. (Gone was any chance of us discussing kitchens which we'd just been looking at, plus both my husband and the lady forced to share his cushion seemed a bit uneasy perched precariously on this shared seating in the window).

Thankfully, just by that, two ladies at another table said they were just leaving and our new found 'companions' had the opportunity to move there.

We ordered our drinks and fine pieces, and when I got up to look at a poster on the wall while we awaited our order, low and behold I turned around to find three people about to sit down with my husband. Unbelievable they were perturbed when my husband and I said one of the seats was mine! Not a good idea to vacate your seat here, it seems.

After we had our drinks and treats, other people came in and just stood at the side of our table chatting loudly to others there, while waiting for a table, and congesting the whole place into the bargain. No tables - no standing around, I'd say.

We couldn't even get to the toilet easily, or get to the cash desk to pay without difficulty getting past, but we just couldn't wait to leave the minute the last crumb was eaten.

I'm certainly not someone who can sit an entire morning over coffee or devote and afternoon to a pot of tea, but Maggie May's just doesn't lend itself to lingering - or having a nice relaxed chat with a companion - at all.

I've given it all the tries I can, and thankfully there are a lot of alternatives in Stonehaven.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Always accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We like to have a quick blast down to stones on our bikes and Maggie mays is an ideal stopping off point. They are always welcoming, even let us in before they were officially open. Fine for a quick coffee and scone, we have not ventured further into the menu than that. Way more welcoming than any other place in stoney.

• Visited March 2013