“Stopped serving by 7.45?” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Stopped serving by 7.45?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I visited Molly's with two friends last night and asked for a table for three at 7.45pm. We were told that they had already stopped serving. Surprising considering that it is summer and there were six tables free and I have booked a table at 8.45pm in winter in there several times before. Another couple were turned away behind us. One of the two waitresses was standing outside talking to a friend in a car so maybe that had something to do with the fact that there were no tables available. Shame as the food is lovely. I won't be back.

Visited May 2013

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Whats happened to Mollys”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We are regulars at Mollys but the last few months have been very dissapointing.We reserved a table for last Saturday 26th May and turned up to find it very busy.The staff seem to struggle when the cafe is busy and last Saturday wasnt any different with 2 large table of people in before us still to be fed I waited 40 mins for my soup.I had the burger with extra cheese from the special board and it was bland with the cheese not melted and tasteless- for £12.95 it was just not worth it.My partner had the chicken with chorizo which was very dry and the cheapest of chorizo was awfull.I dont know if Mollys has changed hands recently but the standard of food has gone downhill big time which is a shame.Wont be back to Mollys in a hurry!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Good Food But Poor Standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Although the food was good when we eventually got it, the wooden table tops are slatted and the grooves are laden with old food crumbs and grime from a cursory wipe over the waitresses give them with a well used cloth as you sit down. Staff took ages to take our order and although not busy, we waited just as long to be served it. Wont be rushing back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Wasted Opportunity in prime location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Popped in for lunch with my son. Despite a 'wait here to be seated' sign little more than a waved arm greeted us. The atmosphere was not very warm (nor was the temperature) and welcoming.

We ordered:- my chicken, mayo and mango chutney baguette was not mixed at all, very little chicken slathered with dollops of mayo and overwhelming mounds of overpowering mango. I can't Belleville anyone on the staff actually bothered to taste the 'mix'. My son had macaroni cheese which was very stodgy but lacking in taste. For what we had the prices were far too high for the quality.

Every time the door opened, as it face the sea and had no deflector or porch door a bitterly cold draft blew across half of the diners. It didn't help that customers chose to stand chatting in the doorway!! Then staff had the back door open whilst servicing stock or bins for several minutes, during which time several customers put their coats on and continued eating. No one took any notice.

Sadly our overall impression was that the owners/staff had little care or attention to the needs of the customer. All very easy and cheap to fix.

It's a real shame for a prime location like this to let it's standards slip. I won't be back unless or until I hear better reports.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Over priced and disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We popped in for a warming cup of coffee after a fresh walk. We fancied a bite to eat. Unfortunately when we saw the prices for a lunch, We opted for a sausage sandwich. Which was ok as far as sausage sandwiches go.
The staff were very uninterested. Not 'happy' at their job. Atmosphere was not as welcoming as suggested by the inviting decor when you look in through the window. I think the next time we might carry on walking which is a shame as it is in a lovely location. Lovely decor. Just a shame the prices are high and staff a little dour.

• Visited April 2013