“Beautiful View, Perfect Hosts” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Las Galeras
Cuisines: French, Asian fusion
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Restaurant opened from 11:00 to 14:00 and from 17:00 to 22:00Closed every TuesdayReservation for dinner / taxi's reservation possibleFrench foodAsian foofPanoramic view on Rincon's bay and Samana's bayWhales' miradorBy Car, four wheels, horse,bike ...
Boise, Idaho
“Beautiful View, Perfect Hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I traveled to Las Galeras and we found our way to El Monte Azul on the evening of my wife's 50th Birthday. The weather was perfect, the view was extraordinary and the owners of this cliff top restaurant were the perfect hosts. The chef's choice was lion fish (something we'd never eaten before) and it was terrific. We'll be back during our stay in Las Galeras in August and September!

Visited May 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Stunning food and gorgeous views!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

After having sat and had an aperitif overlooking the ocean I ate a delicious filet steak with pepper sauce, grilled aubergines and potatoes and had a pineapple and chocolate fondue which was to die for made with proper, pure chocoalte!! The meal was incredible, a beautiful setting and very reasonably priced. If ever I'm in the DR again I will go back!

Visited May 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Must do when visiting the Samana Peninsula”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Wow! Simply a must do when visiting the Samana Peninsula. This place has a better ambiance and vibe then almost any other restaurant I've ever been to. The Lion fish was excellent and I'm not a big fish person. Pierre and Vanini really make you feel at home in this european style cafe and restaurant. The drive is a bit tough but just follow the signs I would recommend this place to anyone visiting the Dominican Republic for any substantial amount of time.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Best Place on the Samana Peninsula!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Pierre and Vanina run this very beautiful restaurant on the top of a south facing hill facing the Bay of Samana. Visitors should arrive an hour before sunset to soak up the 'sheer jurassic' beauty of the terrain and blue sea.

The food is awesome! I recommend the 'filet de boeuff' (steak) which is a great cut. Get the blue cheese fondue dip with it! One of the best cuts of meat I've ever had! I also recommend the caesar salad.

A must go and worth the trip even if you arn't in the area!!! A+++++

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“So good!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We really fell in love with this place! Pierre and vanini are really sweet and the food is amazing! We went here two times! And the view......

Visited April 2014