“Our favourite excursion this week!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 attractions in Las Galeras
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: located 500 m from the nice Grand Paradise beach, Rudy's Rancho offers horseback riding excursions to discover the flamboyant nature and wonderful sea views of Las Galeras.Rudy shares with you his passion for horses and for the Peninsule of Samana, with professionalism and kindness. German, french, english, spoken perfectly! (information :Las Galeras-Samana is located at 6 hours from Punta Cana,3 hours from Santo Domingo, and 5 hours from Puerto Plata)
Cambridge
“Our favourite excursion this week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Can't say enough good about our experience with Rudy! Although Rudy offers great horseback riding with really well trained horses, we spent the day being escorted by Caroline (his partner) in a truck to Rincon Beach. We stopped at an iguana sanctuary that operates by donation only, ate bananas with fresh cocao mixed with honey by a local guy - who also sells wonderful souvenirs (Caroline bartered for me), went through the mangroves by boat, had a wonderful lunch on the beach (better than the resort buffet) and then played in the waves for hours. Rudy was there too (with a group on horseback) but he checked in on us several times and was a wonderful host. He's a wealth of information - so is Caroline! They both speak English, French and Spanish and Rudy speaks German too - working on Russian! Everywhere we went people knew Rudy and gave us better prices because of mentioning his name - at least that's what they said! You can find him by asking at the dive shop where he is.

Visited June 2013

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Nothing but the absolute best. Rudy, I will miss you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

After a recent trip to Grand Paradise Samana, I can certainly agree with all of the previous reviews. Rudy is great- he is kind, a gentlemen, educating, funny, makes everyone feel comfortable, and an all around wonderful person. I highly recommend anyone visiting Grand Paradise to find Rudy on the beach and do an excursion with him. He isn't all about getting your money- he is all about the enjoyment of the clients. I went riding with Rudy a few times during my stay, and even just hung out aside from the horse riding. I now consider him to be a great friend and would welcome him into my home in Canada anytime. Aside from all of Rudy's great characteristics, his horses are very well taken care of. They are healthy, happy, well trained, and alot of fun.

Please, anyone who is visiting the area do not miss out on such a wonderful opportunity to ride through the beautiful DR while learning about the fascinating culture!

Visited June 2013
Orange County, California, USA
3 attraction reviews
“Favorite Excursion in DR, Rudy a wonderful host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

As the previous reviewed stated, Rudy is a gentleman and just an awesome person, and that helped make our experience. First, I had tentatively booked in advance of our trip to the DR for a Saturday ride with my 3 daughters while my husband went diving. We arrived very late to our hotel on a Friday night, I couldn't get any cell or internet service, and it turned out the dive conditions were not good for Saturday - - but I couldn't get a hold of Rudy to try to reschedule our horseback ride. Rudy showed up at the hotel Saturday morning - and he had no problem to reschedule for a different day - and he was not upset in the least. He was incredibly accomodating - nothing was a problem, it was my vacation and I shouldn't worry and he could take me whenever we wanted to go. He is just a pleasant person to work with and I wish I could find service like that in the US! When we did finally go, we had a marvelous experience. First, Rudy's friend drove us to Playa Rincon (he met us with the horses at the beach since it was too muddy after the rain to take off from his place). On the drive there, she stopped at a few little local places (the iguanas, a little market) to show us a taste of Dominican Republic. It was exactly the kind of thing I love to experience when I go to a foreign country. We especially enjoyed the stop at the local roadside market where he let us try all different fruits we had never even heard of before. The riding at Playa Rincon was wonderful. My girls are all experienced riders so he let us trot and canter along the beach. It was just our family, so it was so private and personalized. There wasn't even anyone else at the beach, so we had our own private paradise! He let us go and do what we wanted. At the end, he could tell my girls were still having so much fun so he offered for us to take off cantering down the beach for a longer ride - it was amazing. I would HIGHLY recommend Rudy!

“Best excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Rudy is a gentleman and an awesome person. His horses well kept and well trained. Me and my mother went on a day long excursion to Playa Rincon by horse with Rudy which we very pleased with and it became our favourite trip compared to the many other excursions we went on including, las haitises, el limon waterfall, cayo levantado, el vale, many other beaches, boca de diablo and even many others. We had gone to playa rincon one of the top five beaches of the world by motorcycle the first time but we enjoyed going by horse much more. It took about the same time to get there if not less because we were able to take a shortcut trail only horses could go on. Galloped along the 5 km beach, ate a delicious lunch enjoyed swimming and the white sand. Hardly any people. Rudy was very reasonable with time and we left when we wanted which was not until 5. We had left at 930 and had gotten there about 1030 or so. Highly recommended.

Owen Sound, Canada
“Great way to see the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I went horseback riding 3 times with Rudy! Loved every minute of it. He took us to beautiful look out spots, through plantations of papaya ect, through and all around Las Galaras and more. We had alot of fun. Can't wait to go back.