“Favorite Excursion in DR, Rudy a wonderful host” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 attractions in Las Galeras
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: located 500 m from the nice Grand Paradise beach, Rudy's Rancho offers horseback riding excursions to discover the flamboyant nature and wonderful sea views of Las Galeras.Rudy shares with you his passion for horses and for the Peninsule of Samana, with professionalism and kindness. German, french, english, spoken perfectly! (information :Las Galeras-Samana is located at 6 hours from Punta Cana,3 hours from Santo Domingo, and 5 hours from Puerto Plata)
Orange County, California, USA
3 attraction reviews
“Favorite Excursion in DR, Rudy a wonderful host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

As the previous reviewed stated, Rudy is a gentleman and just an awesome person, and that helped make our experience. First, I had tentatively booked in advance of our trip to the DR for a Saturday ride with my 3 daughters while my husband went diving. We arrived very late to our hotel on a Friday night, I couldn't get any cell or internet service, and it turned out the dive conditions were not good for Saturday - - but I couldn't get a hold of Rudy to try to reschedule our horseback ride. Rudy showed up at the hotel Saturday morning - and he had no problem to reschedule for a different day - and he was not upset in the least. He was incredibly accomodating - nothing was a problem, it was my vacation and I shouldn't worry and he could take me whenever we wanted to go. He is just a pleasant person to work with and I wish I could find service like that in the US! When we did finally go, we had a marvelous experience. First, Rudy's friend drove us to Playa Rincon (he met us with the horses at the beach since it was too muddy after the rain to take off from his place). On the drive there, she stopped at a few little local places (the iguanas, a little market) to show us a taste of Dominican Republic. It was exactly the kind of thing I love to experience when I go to a foreign country. We especially enjoyed the stop at the local roadside market where he let us try all different fruits we had never even heard of before. The riding at Playa Rincon was wonderful. My girls are all experienced riders so he let us trot and canter along the beach. It was just our family, so it was so private and personalized. There wasn't even anyone else at the beach, so we had our own private paradise! He let us go and do what we wanted. At the end, he could tell my girls were still having so much fun so he offered for us to take off cantering down the beach for a longer ride - it was amazing. I would HIGHLY recommend Rudy!

“Best excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Rudy is a gentleman and an awesome person. His horses well kept and well trained. Me and my mother went on a day long excursion to Playa Rincon by horse with Rudy which we very pleased with and it became our favourite trip compared to the many other excursions we went on including, las haitises, el limon waterfall, cayo levantado, el vale, many other beaches, boca de diablo and even many others. We had gone to playa rincon one of the top five beaches of the world by motorcycle the first time but we enjoyed going by horse much more. It took about the same time to get there if not less because we were able to take a shortcut trail only horses could go on. Galloped along the 5 km beach, ate a delicious lunch enjoyed swimming and the white sand. Hardly any people. Rudy was very reasonable with time and we left when we wanted which was not until 5. We had left at 930 and had gotten there about 1030 or so. Highly recommended.

Owen Sound, Canada
“Great way to see the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I went horseback riding 3 times with Rudy! Loved every minute of it. He took us to beautiful look out spots, through plantations of papaya ect, through and all around Las Galaras and more. We had alot of fun. Can't wait to go back.

Innisfil, Ontario, Canada
“You must do this tour!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Myself and my family stayed at the grand paradise hotel. And one of my upmost favourite experiences was the horse back riding tour! Rudy and his family are truly one of a kind. They were extremely friendly knowledgeable and funny. I went on the tour the second day i was there, and had such an incredible time, that I went two more times before my departure. His rates are more then reasonable for the amazing view, nature and overall experience, you will have. And if I am fortunate enough to go back. I will seek them out and do the tour yet again!

Visited March 2013
rochester, ny
“We can't stop talking about this trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Paradise end of February, and we still can't stop talking about what a great time we had. One of the highlights on our first full day was our horseback ride with Rudy. We had the good fortune to find out about him at the dive shop and were extremely pleased. It was just the two of us which we loved. We had the personal attention of Rudy, who answered all of our questions along the way up the mountain. Once we reached El Cabito restaurant, we stopped for a drink and to take in the beautiful view (and the cool blowhole). We were so impressed with the restaurant, we made reservations to return in a few days for dinner. Rudy took his time with us and made us feel like personal friends. He introduced us the next day to his girlfriend who does massages at a hotel in town called La Isleta. We both got a massage, so hats off to Rudy for his great horseback ride, and great call about the massage! They are both wonderful people. We just sorry we didn't get the opportunity to meet up again before the end of our trip!

Visited February 2013