“Best Kept secret” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 13 Attractions in Las Galeras
Type: Tours, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback Riding in Las Galeras, Samana Dominican Republic - Located 500 meters from the nice Grand Paradise beach, Rudy's Rancho offers horseback riding excursions to discover the flamboyant nature and wonderful sea views of Las Galeras. Rudy shares with you his passion for horses and for the Peninsula of Samana, with professionalism and kindness. German, French and English spoken perfectly! ( Information : Las Galeras, Samana is located 6 hours from Punta Cana, 3 hours from Santo Domingo and 5 hours from Puerto Plata and 1.25 Hour from Samana El Catey International Airport. )
Denver, Colorado
“Best Kept secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Rudy was excellent. He took us on an amazing horseback ride along the beach at sunset. Gave us good information along the way about beaches, different species of trees. Truly the best thing we did while we were here.

Visited February 2013

Ostrava, Czech Republic
“Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Realy great experience. Very nice horse trip with Rudy, horses in great condition. Thanks one more time.. :o)

Visited February 2013
Rudysrancho, Propriétaire at Rudy's Rancho, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Hola Queridos amigos, Hi dear Friends, Salut les amis, Hallo liebe Freunde,

Gracias por sus bellos comentarios. Estoy muy feliz que su experiencia haya sido maravillosa conmigo. Espero ver los pronto.

Thank to everybody for your nice reviews that touch my heart. I am happy to know that you had a great time with me and my horses.
I hope to see you soon!

Merci beaucoup pour vos commentaires qui m'ont touché le coeur. Je suis heureux que votre expérience avec moi vous ait laissé un super souvenir.

Belleville, Ontario, Canada
“Horse back sightseeing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went horseback riding with Rudy on two occasions. We enjoyed both days immensely and booked a trip to the "bouche du diable" by car as it was to far to go by horse. Rudy is attentive to the needs of his clients and flexible in his approach. We only wish we had met him earlier in our stay!
Rudy speaks several languages and is very knowledgeable about the area. Definitely one of the better tour guides we ever had.

Visited January 2013

Ontario
“RUDY...A TRUE PROFESSIONAL...THE MAN TO SEE FOR ALL OF YOUR EXCURSIONS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have had the pleasure of knowing Rudy for four years now and count him as a personal friend after having been clients of Grand Paradise Samana hotel resort on three occasions now, the most recent being for the entire month of January.Rudy operates a small farm just off the resort property and can be found on the beach most mornings around 9 to 10 near the watersports or diving shacks. If you cannot find him, you may recruit the assistance of Youseff Dariff who runs the resorts nearby archery program among other things.Rudy offers most if not all of the same tours and excursions that the big tour operators promote at the resort...but at a fraction of the price. he hates large groups and prefers to go out for a day with one to 4 people.There is never a set schedule, example: if you are off visiting a remote beach and ask rudy how long you can stay his standard reply is 'you are the boss, you tell me'.He cares little if an excursion is two hours or six, same price. Many excursions are on horseback, some are by four wheel drive pickup truck, some include a meal, all include rum, ber and pop if you wish..all included, you tell him what you prefer.Rudy is a very knowledgeable person who delights in educating his clients regarding the culture of his country, its flora and fauna, he is more than eager to help clients learn spanish as te trip progresses. rudy speaks excellent English, French and German in addition to his native Spanish.We have done many excursions with him and have always been literally blown away by the good times and experiences that are made available by this wonderful tour guide and host.He is honest, articulate, sincere in what he does, with an absolute passion for making his clients happy and getting the best bang for their dollar. a true professional and our hats go off to him.

Visited January 2013