“Terrific view and service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Update restaurant details
Ranked #3 of 16 restaurants in Las Galeras
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, International, Café
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Terrific view and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was staying with a friend nearby and walked over to El Cabito one afternoon. The view from the cliffside restaurant is absolutely breathtaking. I didn't order anything to eat so can't comment on the menu, but the service was fantastic. If you are visiting Las Galeras you really should check out El Cabito.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
Saint John, Canada
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Everything about this restaurant was fantastic. I ventured out of my comfort zone and had the conch, squid and octopus spaghetti and it was one of the best things I have ever tasted. The service was phenominal, and the view was to die for. Anyone who visits Las Galeras must visit this restaurant - it will make the vacation worth it!

It is a bit of a hike if you are walking, so I suggest wearing good shoes. Also watch out if you are planning on staying to dark, there are no lights on the road - it will be pitch black!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Illinois
“A must go during a stay in Las Galeras”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I checked this place out not realizing how incredible it was going to be. The views from the restaurant are awesome and the atmosphere is perfect. The food was delicious as well, and for two people for dinner and drinks budget yourself like $80, which is on the higher end for the Dominican but definitely worth it. Try and go around 6:00-6:30 so you can catch the sunset. And in case you hired a car and were thinking about making the drive yourself, don't. The road there is pretty rough, hire a driver to take you there. I'm sure where ever you are staying will know who to call. Costs about $5/person and is nice if your planning on having a few cocktails at dinner. It still stands as probably the most unique and best restaurant I've ever been to.

Visited March 2013
Brockville, Canada
“Outstanding Oceanview Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is undeniably a restaurant with the best food in Las Galeras — which chef Anthony Bourdain featured on his food and travel program No Reservations last October, 2012. The food served at El Cabito has to be beyond doubt the freshest and most delicious seafood that my husband and I have ever eaten in our lives i.e. octopus, shrimp, snapper, crab, as well as a local speciality... el dorado fish cooked in a yummy coconut sauce!

The accompanying potatoes and vegetables were cooked to perfection...not too hard nor too mushy and seasoned just right.

The mixed green salad topped with crab and shrimp and served before our entrée was fresh and mouth watering along with a mouth watering homemade dressing.

The chocolate pineapple flambé dessert the chef made specially for us was to die for and made the perfect ending to this most scrumptious meal celebrating our wedding anniversary.

The mojitos served to us while waiting for the sunset and overlooking the ocean were quite simply excellent.The white Chilean wine recommended to us by the owner and served to us during our meal was also outstanding .

The ambiance was incredibly romantic with just the right kind of mood music paying in the background.

We loved this out of the way place so much that we had to go back again for one last visit!

Visited September 2013
Buckingham, England, United Kingdom
“One of a Kind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My partner and I booked this restaurant as soon as we arrived in Las Galeras.

The owner was very polite, welcoming and passionate about the food. The cocktails were especially nice and food was exquisite! I am a vegan and had a choice between two very beautiful dishes! Impressive place, it was hard to leave.

Visited August 2013