“Very Good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of GRT Regency

Save Saved
You added GRT Regency to your Saves list
GRT Regency
3/187, Periyanayagapuram Main Road | Palayamkottai Road (NH 7A), Tuticorin 628001, India (Formerly The Mayflower)   |
Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Tuticorin
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Very Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Food quality is good, hospitality is good room is good room service is good attending people is good taking care to their all clients every single thing they are looking into properly always providing services with smiles. In this small city the hotel like this is very good for all people around the world

Room Tip: room in 3rd floor are good
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Muralidhara, General Manager at GRT Regency, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Mr.S.Madhu,

First I would like to thank you for taking some time to write about your experience with us at GRT Regency Tuticorin.
Your comments has taken us to a next level of confidence in meeting out all our guest requirements.
Expecting to serve you & meet all your expectation.

Regards,

G.Muralidhara

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in January 2013 for a business trip. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The buffet spread is good for south indian breakfast. Room service was satisfactory. The location is little far from city but is good place to stay if you are on a business visit to SIPCOT industrial area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ClintonGW, General Manager at GRT Regency, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Sir,
Greetings from GRT Regency Tuticorin!
We would like to thank you for choosing our Hotel for your stay and for sharing your feedback which will surely help me and my Team. We are pleased to learn that you found the property at par with your expectations and we are happy that your stay a recommendable one.

We look forward welcoming you again
Regards

Clinton Walker...
99401 84250
Chennai (Madras), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Reserved a room directly through the Hotel’s website and my credit card was also charged. When I reached the hotel I was told they could not find the booking and that they did not have a spare room since they had a large group. I was suspicious when they did not show any interest in looking at my booking details, which only went on to show that they deliberately took the larger group at the cost of guests like me. After a couple of hours in their lobby they finally put me up in another hotel. To compensate they gave me a free airport drop, like it was a big deal.
In the two hours that I spent in their lobby, guests were coming down all the time to the reception to complain about this and that. The incompetent reception is clearly not trained to handle such situations and General Manager Muralidara does little to help resolve the issues at hand. I was surprised when he chose to hide behind the staff and let them speak to me.
Location wise this hotel is 6 K.M away from town and there is no restaurant or shopping near by. If you want to dine at a down town restaurant you have to book a cab and the taxi charges in Tuticorin are exorbitant and might cost more than your planned meal. If your trip requires multiple visits to town then you must take one of a number of convenient hotels downtown.
You can have a confirmed booking with this hotel and still get thrown out. Avoid this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Sagar,

Thank you for sharing your generous review.I was indeed sorry to learn of your disappointment with certain aspects of your stay , I feel that you did not receive the service and standards as expected and I would like to apologize for lack of service.
We are receiving many positive comments which includes the ones through Trip adviser community and I can assure you that me and my entire team working at GRT Regency Tuticorin, are focused towards providing the best of services to the satisfaction of all our guests and any guests dis-satisfaction and negative feedback by our Guests at the restaurant or during their stay is taken up with the due seriousness.

I request you to give us another opportunity when you do visit Tuticorin City again and we will ensure that you have a comfortable stay with us.

Thanks & Regards

Minus points
1. way out of the city
2. stinky carpets in the corridors
3. decor of room is poor/ doors run down

Room Tip: avoid rooms facing the road - a room at the back would be good with a view of the open
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chennai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

we have planned dharshan at Thiruchendur at 9 am but we have been waiting for water to come in bathrooms since 6.15 am. The worst thing is whenever we asked the receptionist they said water will come within 10 minutes. we were misguided and waited in room. finally we arranged 6 bubbletop mineralwater cans and taken bath. Went to temple very late

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I checked in at GRT Regency, where my company has a corporate agreement on 9th Jan'13, and schedule to stay until 13th Jan, but unfortunately had to vacate the hotel on 10th morning.

The water that was running in the taps and for shower were actually hard salt water, initially I thought this was normal in such small town/city, but when I had to take bath twice and a gargle it was too much.

when checked with the hotel staff and the manager, it was a shock of our life that this hotel actually provides salt water for consumption and its been over for a month now. The fact is that the reception desk do not inform nor for that matter any of the staffs, when questioned, they would provide an alternate solution by arranging frsh / sweet water (bottled water) in bucket.

This was too much as when my office manager checked on with the manager as to why this was not informed before a booking could be done, the hotel manager has no answer to the question.

Soorry, not a good experience but a salty experinence.

Not recomendable..... they should be smart in communciation....

Rgds

Deepak Amin
Dubai

Room Tip: Always insist to take a room that is facing the main road (in front of the collector's office)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gurgaon, Hr, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Having been born and brought up near Tuticorin, but since then having the entire family move out of our village, I had to resort to stay in the nearby big town - that was Tuticorin. And GRT Regency came as a natural choice, because of our exposure to the GRT brand in Chennai.

The choice wasn't belied and our trust in the brand got strengthened - it was a wonderful place, very comfortable rooms and for the two days we stayed and roamed around my village (30 km from Tuticorin), this hotel served as a nice haven for us to look back to return. The facilities were top class, the front desk courteous, the food sumptuous and the location very comfortable.

I will return to this hotel, for sure !! :)

Room Tip: Take a road-facing room - gives you a feeling of being in a happening world.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Muralidhara, Manager at GRT Regency, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Mr. Suhasinigopi,
Thank you for your recent stay at The GRT Regency Tuticorin . Your feedback is appreciated.
We have taken a special note of your feedback with regards to the service. We are glad to state that we did succeed to match your requirements on the facilities in the hotel. Do write in to me on your next visit to the town and I will personally ensure that you will experience another great stay with us.

We eagerly await your return and hope to become the preferred destination for you whenever you travel to Tuticorin.

Regards,
G.Muralidhara

Been to GRT Regency? Share your experiences!