“Good, but not excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of riccardo's italian restaurant

riccardo's italian restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 1-1/2 blocks south of fort malden
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Good, but not excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My parents really like Riccardo's, and it is understandable why. This is good quality family style Italian. I therefore tend to end up here with them when I am back home in Essex County. Nothing fancy, and not exceptional, but it is solid. Waitresses always tend to be friendly, and service is usually quick, which is good because its usually busy and they tend to move fast to get a high turnover.

The dining room experience is not fancy, its a very basic place to eat. It is not fine dining, but then again there is not much of that available in Windsor or Essex County. There is better Italian dining to be had on Erie Street. But if you want an affordable high quality family style Italian dining experience, Riccardo's is tough to beat. Soups are usually good, and the Veal Parm is always great. You will not leave hungry.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Harrow, Canada
“Tall Ships evening out.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The arrival of the Tall ships in ABerg was topped off with my wife performing a wedding ceremony on Board the Lynx and then dining at Riccardo's. We had my 89 year old Mother-in-Law along with us and the venue was great. Food was better than average especially the pasta. Perch was also well done. Caesar salads were not overly special. My wife does a killer caesar salad dressing that is always the benchmark to compare and in this case it did not get close. Atmosphere is casual and very friendly. Great service and our server was a delight. Would definitely return.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Food at Riccardo's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Riccard'os Italian Restaurant is a local favourite. My aunt took me there on a visit in May. We arrived early as we did not make a reservation. Just a well, as the place was packed. There is an extensive menu. We hear good things about all the items. We enjoyed our dinner. The service is good and efficient.

Visited May 2013
Grosse Ile, Michigan
“Try it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Often times you can tell the quality of a restaurant by the bread and the salad. Is the salad made from a variety of fresh greens or sliced iceburg? The salad was a mixture of the two and told me that this would be a standard "family dining" experience. The sliced bread reinforced this. Alright but not of the highest quality. Some of the pasta here is homemade. I decided to try the gnocchi. I was disappointed in the meat sauce. Not much meat and very little flavor. Overall not a bad experience but definitely not high end Italian fare. My wife had the lamb chops and she said they were very good. I would return here but with adjusted expectations. Nice view and good service.

Visited July 2013
kaylef
“Fake parmesan cheese? Cmon!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The food is a huge disappointment. Powdered fake parmesan , not real? People know the difference - it's gross. The tomato sauce is ORANGE! Go to Erie st as the others say.

• Visited June 2013