“Beautiful place and good price” 5 of 5 stars

Visit like an insider
$64*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: In a natural lagoon, set in the warm waters of the Caribbean Sea, surrounded by the lush beauty of Jamaica's flora, Humans, Dolphins, and sharks become friends at Jamaica's # 1 attraction, Dolphin Cove. We offer snorkelling with stingrays, a jungle trek, Tropical birds at our own aviary and many more things to help you enjoy your entire day.
Columbus, Ohio
20 attraction reviews
“Beautiful place and good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Its everything they say about a encounter with the Dolphins just adore these mammals
you also to my surprise can see camels and string rays
The grounds are beautiful and you can purchase the pictures in a dvd

Visited February 2012

Guelph, Ontario, Canada
“Magical...but exspensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

The experience itself isn't pricey, but photos cannot be taken in the dolphin area, except by the host photographers, and purchasing the photos is crazy expensive. We bit the bullet and shelled out the $130 for the complete package including photos and video of the whole experience rather than pay the $66 per person per picture.
The experience kicks off with a welcome and waiver signing followed by a stroll to the water past peacocks and the handsome Wooster the camel who you can ride. A visit to Lisa the stingray is next and you get right in there with her and your guide Alex (Capt Ant) where you can pet her (incredible). We then wandered over to the reef area where we held live starfish, conch and sand dollars. Both times we were given educational information about each of the creatures and their environments. We then moved into the prep area for the dolphin encounter where we were sorted according to the experience we were going to receive and told the rules for interaction. We were going to swim with the dolphin. We then headed to the encounter area where we were fitted with buoyancy vests, set up with a leader and more instruction was given. Once we headed into the water the magic began. We swam with Tatiana the dolphin and she was a love. We were able to stroke her, get a kiss on the cheek from her, dance with her, sing with her, have her tow us about 20 feet on her belly all while being photographed and video taped. We climbed out of the water completely exhilarated. It was truly a magical experience that I highly recommend.
***My only qualification is the age of your child- we shared the experience with a 6 year old (minimum age to participate) who was completely unable to follow instructions and caused many lengthy delays. If your child is 6 or so, but not a strong swimmer or not calm enough to follow detailed instructions, sit them out, just do the petting encounter or wait to have the experience until they are older when they won't be fearful, disruptive or potentially harmful to the dolphin.***
We then headed to the shark show and met the 4 Buccaneers. They were hilarious and so entertaining. They provided great information about the nurse shark and made it exciting. Unfortunately it's an additional $50 each to swim with the shark, have it in your lap, stroke in and feed it, so we didn't have that opportunity (we were at the tail end of our holiday and cash was getting tight lol)
After the encounter we headed back to the gift shop where we were able to view the photos and choose if we wanted to purchase any. We then shopped around. As usual, the Jamaican attitude of no worries, no problems governed the day- we were welcomed to take as long as we needed to complete the tour and shopping. The driver, Leroy, guided us from Montego Bay to Negril and provided tons of information about the area. He promised to answer any question about Jamaica and, if we stumped him on the way there, he said he'd research it while we were on the tour and give us the answer upon our return. Everyone was incredibly helpful, informative and friendly. We felt welcomed and valued. I highly recommend this experience.

Visited February 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

We chose Dolphin Cove Negril because of its shorter length of time away from our resort as we were with a huge wedding party for the week. It was awesome! We had the place to our selves when we got there and got full attention! I am an overprotective mom with a 6 and 16 year old girls.. and I had no fear with the staff or the animals. Everything was calm and controled. It was THE event of their lives so far and we are very thankful to Dolphin Cove for the amazing experience! I highly recommend !!!!

Visited January 2012
SASKATOON
“Mixed feelings..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We actually took our 21 year old daughter as she wanted to swim with the Dolphins....She really enjoyed her dolphin swim and felt it was well worth it.

My wife and I (for over $60US each) got a bus ride to the site, got to see two camels and a shark....We also got to see the dolphins from a distance but not close enough to take pictures of our daughter....We might as well have read a book in the parking lot and saved a bunch of money....

A CD of the dolphin encounter was available for many $$ after the show...They were very good pictures but just too expensive for our taste....Maybe if you had a bunch of kids you wouldn't mind forking over.

Visited December 2011
“Dolphins Awesome, Staff Not So Much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My bucket list has always included swimming with a dolphin and I guess my experience here will allow me to check it off the list, though I feel a bit let down. I agree with another reviewer; if you're not a hot babe, you're probably going to be ignored by at least the arrogant trainer I had assigned to my group of six. I felt like the ugly step-sister.

The dolphins are well trained and the scenery beautiful. I felt sorry that such wonderful creatures were stuck with suck a knuckleheaded clown as that lousy trainer.

The swimming session wasn't very long but still amazing, though it is somewhat ruined by all the silly picture posing everyone is forced to go through, even if you don't want to buy the expensive CD's containing the pictures.

The shark show is a joke too. It's a long pirate skit trying to persuade visitors to buy tickets to pet the shark.

I should say many of the other staff members were very friendly. If you want to interact with a dolphin then it's worth it but the human interactions could certainly be better.