I planned a celebration Aug 2nd thru Aug 6th. I wanted a 5 star resort so I started the process of picking a hotel. I researched several different resorts. I needed a place that could accommodate a big party, an all inclusive resort that had meals & activities included and most importantly a place that was reasonably priced.
We had over 50 people coming to Jamaica which was equivalent to about 21 rooms.
I called The Grand Palladium the day of the trip to ensure all was taken care of because I didn't want any of my guests to have any issues. My guests was flying in from FL, NY,GA & MD.
My guests started arriving Friday Aug 2nd and immediately started having problems. Please see the numerous issues we had upon arrival and during our stay.
-Not able to accommodate guests in same blg's. ( all guests were spread out throughout all the buildings (17- 24) ).
- no double occupancy available only single beds. (so strangers had to sleep together)
- no rooms available ( they were turned away for an hour or more until someone checked out for them to get a room.)
- limited room keys & towel keys available so each room was just given one key even if 2 or more guests shared a room.
-guests were sent to the lady Hamilton location due to no availability on Jamaican side
Once we did get rooms the service was terrible. Keys didn't work, not enough towels & rags, no TV's in
the rooms. Air conditioning not working, rooms were either too cold or extremely hot. No power in bldg.
When we called for service it was either too slow or didn't get any service. My room ceiling was coming apart. I advised an employee & he stated someone would come to our room to see about it or move me that never happened. My guests were moved back & forth from room to rooms. It felt like all the complaints were just on deaf ears.
On my exit On Tuesday Aug 6th I left an extensive complaint to the acting hotel manager Gordon. Who I found out later was the security. He advised me that a manager would call me. I never received a call. I tried calling grand palladium on Wednesday & I requested to speak to a manager. The phone rang & rang. No one answered. I called 3 times with no avail. I am so shock that GRand Palladium didn't want to rectify this issue.
This was the worst experience I ever had at a resort. I feel that we were mislead by The Jamaica Grand Palladium portraying o be a 5 star resort when it really is about a 3 star. The service was just unacceptable. We feel that there was just not enough employees there to assist us. the employees that was working kept complaining how they were over worked & under paid. They didn't seem like they could handle the capacity.
I've sent several emails of my dissatisfaction. To this day no respond. Sad sad situation. This will be this place demise.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Otel, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Low Cost Holidays and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa Lucea