“Wonderful experience” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   The Point, Lucea, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
“Wonderful experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Palladium June 2013. We were a family of 7 and had two connecting rooms. The staff was friendly and outgoing, and the resort was beautiful. The buffet restaurants were hit and miss some days, but for the most part were good with a good variety of dishes. The specialty restaurants which were open for dinner were fabulous. Definitely don't do a buffet for dinner, go to the restaurants. The drinks were plentiful and so were the beach and pool chairs! The only negative comment I have is that the resort could have done a better job of communication, especially as it related to activities. My kids were sent on wild goose chases all around when they tried to attend an activity that was supposedly "planned". No one knew where these activities were taking place and after a few tries, they just gave up. But otherwise, the resort was great. And the spa was fantastic!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review based off your stay here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are elated that your vacation with us was a wonderful one and that you enjoyed all that our property has to offer.

It was our pleasure hosting you and we welcome you to visit again in the near future. Please feel free to contact us if there is anything that we can do from this end. Until your next stay, best wishes from our Palladium Family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,098)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Grand Palladium Jamaica from May 12-19 for our wedding. We had an amazing time and the resort was beautiful! There was a group of 36 of us and all of us enjoyed our vacation. We had minor problems here and there but they were resolved eventually and none of us cared because we were all having such a great time. The food was overall pretty good and I really enjoyed the drinks, it was nice to have a selection of different drinks to try. The Miss Lou bar always had a bit of a lineup but the drinks were worth it. We spent most nights at the Infinity Bar and had a great time! I did notice some of the other complaints that others had but I would never base my whole trip on whether my shower door leaked or there was a hair on the tub or people around me were being loud and having fun, who cares!? You're in Jamaica, relax and don't sweat the small stuff. We had an 8 month old baby crawling around on the not always so clean floors, whatever, he had fun too :). Our wedding day was perfect and beautiful and I loved every moment of it and will cherish the memories forever. We are so glad we picked the Grand Palladium Jamaica for our wedding and we recommend it!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review based off your recent vacation here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are elated that your vacation with us was a wonderful one in which you were satisfied and enjoyed all that our Resort has to offer to our valued guests.

We welcome you to visit in the near future for another memorable vacation, nothing short of Grand.

Best Wishes.
oswego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Had a wonderful time at this resort. The staff members were very courteous, helpful, polite and treated us with such kindness & respect. I have special dietary needs due to food allergies and they treated me unbelievably well. They really seemed to care. The head Chef had me make reservations every night so that he could come & visit & check on me every night at whatever restaurant we dined to make sure that I was well taken care of & always had plenty of dinner choices available to me. It was absolutely wonderful. We had such a great time we will definitely be returning again soon. Cant wait to go back

Room Tip: Choose & pay the extra for the ocean view Jr. Suite. We stayed in Villa 14 which was about as fa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tweetynut,

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent vacation here with us. We appreciate your positive comments and we are pleased to read about the wonderful time and experiences that you have had.

As a 5 Star Resort we pride ourselves in the level of service which we provide to our guests. It is important that our guests have a grand vacation and it is great knowing that you enjoyed all that we have to offer.

It was our pleasure hosting you and we welcome you to visit again in the near future for another vacation nothing short of Grand!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This was our third time in Jamaica and we dropped of at this hotel on our airport trasfer. The first impressions are good with the grand reception area. I was really looking forward to staying there!
When we arrived the man at the front desk when checking in was not the friendliest, we were asked to take a seat and had to wait 45 min for them to find a room ( we arrived at 6pm) we didn't get wrist bands and were not given towel cards so had to go back and wait for these later on after a 10hour flight and already waited for our room. The rooms are ok nothing special, not 5* that's for sure! The shower was really smelly and we never got enough towels.
As the days went on the pool area got dirtier and dirtier we were there for two weeks and we never once sore anyone sweep or wash the floor around the sunbeds there were wrappers and things left under the same umberller for days and one morning my husband and another man at the hotel fished out 5 glasses out of the pool! (I was traveling with my 3 year old) there was natts flying round the pool area from where drinks were spilt and not cleaned up.
The attetude of the staff was terable never a smiling face and could be very rude! If you wanted coffee with your breakfast you would have to wait around 15min that's if you got offered at all! (They are not nice!) The staff in the kids club were not friendly I wouldn't leave my child with them.
We made the most of our holiday and did have good time but was really gutted about the hotel!
It has put me off ever going back to Jamaica for the way we had been treated at this hotel. It's not 5* so don't ecxpet a great hotel and good friendly service because you will not get it!!!
Go somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Rapture7barrack,

Thank you for write your review.
I'm sorry to hear about your dissappointing stay with us.

In reference your comments about our front desk staff, I would like to apologize for the experience that you had with them. We will take actions to improve our service in that area. We take our guest’s comments very seriously.

We always try to meet our customers expectations so I am so sorry if this was not the case.
We have wonderful staff and services so I do apologize if we didn't do our best to provide the best vacation.

We have Managers on duty 24h per day so it really would have helped to know about any inconvenience during your stay.

If you decide to change your mind it would be a pleasure to meet you if you visit us.

Thank you for your attention.

Laura López
Assistant Room Division Director
East Berkshire, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Staff were friendly, especially the entertainers. Nightclub was always buzzing, but there was a quieter bar with dancing and live bands overlooking the ocean, and a pool bar with snooker and football tables- something for everyone! A good range of restaurants, and we had some great trips organised for us, including a great time at Ricks café! Loved it!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I visited the resort in the month of June 2013 for my sister wedding. Where do I began???? My room was in Villa 40. It take approximately 15 minutes to get there from the main lobby (via walking). Upon opening the door to the room it smelled musty.There was not a full set of towels and we had to ask for towels daily. It was warm and overall not clean. There was hair in the tub and sand on the floor yet, we were told the room was clean. After complaining a gentleman (head of house keeping) came and mopped the floor with a dirty mop.NO MOP WATER!!! The "high end" restaurants food was not good. The sushi was old, pasta overcooked,duck completely dried out. Please keep in mind men have to wear long pants and collared shirts for dinner,except at the buffet. Water sports are contracted from an outside company. They were very professional and nice. Sunset Cove beach was the best beach to grab a quick bite from the Jerk Chicken Hut and sit on the beach. The private beach front wedding that was promised is not private at all. The internet that I purchased for $70 dollar was a complete rip off. It didn't work. I was told because the Villa I stayed in was so far some the main lobby my signal was weak. I asked while why would you sale the internet service to me knowing what villa I was in? My answer was Ya Mon Respect. Excuse me!!!! I asked for my money back. They gave me the run around about it.Never received my money back. I wouldn't recommend this resort to anyone. I will never visit this resort again.EVER!!!! 5 stars needs to be knocked down to 0.5.

Room Tip: bring cleaning supplies if you want a clean room. Villa 40 is the closest to Sunset Cave Beach.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MrsJack_13,

Thank you for your time to write your review.
All reports help us to understand what our guests need or want from their vacation. I will take note about the issues that you mentioned in your report.

We would like to apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced.

We look forward to hearing from you, if there is anything at all we can do from this end.
Thank you for having stayed with us.

Best Regards,

Laura López
Assistant Room Division Director
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed from 6/5/2013 - 6/12/2013. First this is a huge, beautiful and picturesque resort upon first impressions. This is where the good feelings fade. This is two parts of the same hotel. The Lady Hamilton which appears to be another resort is directly adjacent to this one. Checking in is a chore and front desk staff are not that friendly to help ease the ordeal. We were in Villa 40 in the Lady Hamilton section of this large resort. This the furthest villa from the lobby. You will find 6 flights of stairs and we were on the third floor, luke warm A/C, a piping hot refrigerator/mini-bar that consisted of 2 beers, 2 waters and 4 soft drinks. The "mini-bar" we'll call it was also piping hot and made the "mini-bar" useless. The ice maker was on the first floor and ours broke for awhile on the 3 day. Did I mention 6 flights of stairs. We were told when reported to visit another villa??? The ice I did get is your only option to make the "mini-bar" worth it. The room did not have towels or clock. Calling the front desk for these items were greeted with a friendly "right-away" but did not show-up until the next day when I grabbed up the housekeeping staff while cleaning someone else's room. Day after day there was a fight for towels. I had to hide my towels so that housekeeping would not take them as they would not replace them. Water pressure in the sink was so low that it took a really long time to wash your hands it seemed. The shower is horrible! Using the shower as one would do leave you with water all over the floor and the shower door did not close. I was told by maintenance to stay to one side of the shower and make sure no water sprayed the door or the floor would be wet. This left me in a corner of the shower hurrying to wash up fearful that any longer the floor would be slippery and dangerous. I also ordered the additional Wi-Fi internet that does not work through-out the resort or in the room reliably. Complaints about this resulted in my wife spending an hour on the phone with tech support trying to fix that when you could reach them. Many times calls to the help desk resulted in the phone just ringing. I asked for credit and this was denied and un-apologetically told that I did use it sometimes so I had to pay. Do not expect professional staff at this resort. Staff is very casual at times telling you to "relax", you'll find security yelling across the resort at each other for greetings and security listening to the soccer (football) game while on duty. Food was not good quality. Theme restaurants were awful. The Asian one will serve you the worst sushi you will experience anywhere. I think of the Ad about the gas station sushi and think that would be better than their effort. The Italian effort was similar as pasta was over-cooked and service took a very long time. The best food experience was The buffets where food was tasty but not fresh, made to order. Another good food experience was the jerk hut and Posiden restaurants by the beach. They both have small menus, but what they did make was awesome. Stay far away from the Sports Bar. Go to bed hungry if you have to, just do not eat at the Sports Bar. Service is ultra slow here. Food is of poor quality, they think chicken fingers are chicken nuggets! A language barrier perhaps? Drinks were great as long as they had rum. I could not get a dry martini to save my life. They did not even have regular vermouth. Order a dry martini and your are served vodka with olive juice. The infinity pool and pool bar is great. A very large pool and a good way to spend an afternoon. The have great shops in the lobby areas and staff there was friendly. The shows were amateur and not worth even walking by them to catch a glimpse. The spa stopped taking massages for couples at 630PM so I never got a chance to experience this part. The water sports company at Sunset Cove was awesome! This company contracted by the hotel did an great job at explaining options and prices were reasonable. We did snorkeling and scuba diving and staff was very professional and informative about the surrounding area. It is a shame that after reading some other reviews here saying that tips will make your stay better. Its hard to tip when you get bad service and a tip should not be warranted just for someone to do the job they are being paid for. Tips to my bartender did not make my olive martini taste better and it did not get me towels or my floor dry after a shower. While on excursions out and about I ran into local and they even said they would not stay at this resort. Many told us to try "Sandals" or "Couples". After our ordeal I will have to advise the same. Please look elsewhere for luxury all-inclusive accommodations. You will not be taken care of at this resort.

Room Tip: There are no elevators in Villas and resort is very big. Walking to your room can be long at times...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!