“Is bigger better??” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Cohasset, Massachusetts
“Is bigger better??”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We fled to the Grand Palladium after a disasterous start to our vacation at a different smaller resort property in Negril. That's another story, but what we fled to find was the level of cleanliness, wide variety of food choices, pools, beaches and entertainment we have become used to at a number of other all inclusives in Mexio and the Caribbean we have stayed over the last few years. The Grand Palladium DELIVERED all of those nicely. I can tell you my family and I breathed a sigh of relief the moment we arrived !! The staff was extremely pleasant and accomodating. The food was never great, but overall and consistently it was good. Though one thing we all agreed was really good was the breads !! There are two large buffet restaurants with a wide variety of food options, and there are 6 or 7 specialty entree restaurants. There was always a restaurant we could get into quickly and easily. One complaint I heard frequently from returning guests was there are no longer reservations being taken at the specialty restaurants. Apparently previously guest could book times in advance, but now all are first come, first serve and the wait at the Italian restaurant for example could be 2 hours. Personally we wouldnt wait that long. It was good but again not great. There are also assorted beach/ pool bars, a coffee cafe, and my personal favorite the excellent jerk hut near the nature beach, REALLY GOOD !!. We loved the different beaches on the property vs. only one big beach. There are multiple separate beaches spread along the shoreline of the resort, all are easily accessible, each a different character, some big, some quite small. Also there are a few smaller more intimate pools in addition to the huge main pool. My wife tried the spa but wasn't happy with it and didn't go back, maybe it was just a bad day. But, be aware the property is huge and very spread out. Getting from one end to the other is a good 20 minutes walking. There are covered pathways most of the way in case of rain or to get out of the sun, plus they do have shuttle carts running around, but it could be more walking than you want so be prepared. Overall it's a safe bet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,054)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Worcester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The UpSide.....Food was good overall. Buffets and Restaurants. Weather was great 3-18 thru 3-23....People friendly...Pool Areas Clean and plenty of chairs.

Downside....
Beaches..... Rocky and small sand areas
Air Conditioning....Horrible in room (2825 Villa Lady Hamilon side) No A/C in bathroom, toilet mounted too high on wall.
Loud Noise when Doors closed and some loud (night time) frogs in center water foyers outside rooms. Annoying as hell.
A/C in Restaurants not great but passable
Room....little beat up but clean.
Limited Towels, Wash Cloths and Soap
Beverage Choice....ONE Beer (Red Strip)....John Walker Red for Scotch

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear gbfan100,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you positive comments about the food, the pools and our wonderful staff.

I am unsure about your beach comments. We do have three of the best beaches at our resort and most of our guests would differ with you on your opinion. Our Sunset Beach is first choice by most of our visitors. Similarly, our Coral Beach is a natural sanctuary with live coral areas for incredible scuba or snorkeling. Our Las Brisas beach is also wonderful and facilitates daily activities to keep our guests entertained.

All our rooms are subject to the same A/C temperatures. We have a central system and unless there is a specific incident of breakdown, you should not have experienced any disruption. If you found your room uncomfortable, we would have been happy to make arrangements for a change.

We do have a premium bar open from 10 am to 12 pm every day. It is conveniently located in the center of our Resort overlooking our main pool and there you can find Premium drinks for everybody.

We will nonetheless include your concerns in our briefings in an effort to continuously improve our service and product.

We invite you to visit in the near future to experience more that our Resort has to offer.
Thank you for having stayed with us.

Best Regards,

Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The facilities, rooms, friendliness of staff, and even the grounds keeper and maids were very professional. The grounds are outstanding but if you are in one of the villas, you can call for a cart to pick you up. They are very timely. Food in all the restaurants was outstanding, especially the morning breakfast buffet. Take along some dollar bills so you can tip. Bartenders made sure you were satisfied with your drink. Be cautious of the bartenders and waitress at the tours to Margaritaville and Rick's Cafe in Negril. They will try to cheat you. Just tourist beware. Take exact change and note the price on the menu vice what the waitresses and bartenders charge you. Look forward to my next vacation to the Lady Hamilton.

Room Tip: We were in the Honeymoon Villa, 3093. It is located on the point. When its windy, its very windy t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear yvonneB673,

Thank you very much for your good comments about our resort and for taking the time to explain your experience with us. It’s a pleasure to realize that you had a great time here, as our aim is to provide memorable vacations to our guests.

I hope you will be able to come back soon to enjoy the Palladium hospitality again.

Thank you again and we look forward for your next visit, and please, do not hesitate to contact us for any request or further comment.

Kindest regards,

Brampton, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We have just returned home after being there for a week and already want to go back! The resort itself is stunning and the people are amazing! Food was great! (much better than Dominican and Cuba) And the drinks would sometimes go down way too easy =)

This resort is huge. If you have trouble walking, my suggestion would be to bring a scooter with you. If you don't have access to one, the resort can provide you with a regular wheelchair to use. Or you can do what we did, call the guys at the front and they will come and get you in the golf cart! Jimmy and Wilbert were amazing at how accommodating they were to us. Carlton, Peach and Ricardo were also awesome =) And Ian was always there with a big smile =)

Our room was beautiful and had a great ocean view. Although, I must say the pillows left something to be desired. They were very hard. If you want a softer pillow, they are $3 a day which I found to be a little ridiculous. And I was disappointed that there was no room service available. If you want to be close to everything, I would suggest asking for buildings 27 or 28.

The food was great, but if you want a flavorful steak, go to the Jamaican a la carte. We found the steak was better there than at Bubba's steak house. For breakfast, make sure you have the triangle hashbrowns! OMG so yummy =) Kim at the Mo Bay buffet is the best!

We are more pool people, so we didn't really utilize the beach. We spent all of our time at the swim-up bar where the best drinks were made by the best bartenders. Alex and Martin really know how to make a drink =) Ask them for a Bushwhacker or a Jacadian, you can thank me later!

Entertainment was top notch and there was always something going on. The POP staff will put an instant smile on your face. Look for Sunshine and Tweety. Great people =)

The only 2 things that were less than stellar were the fact that our fridge broke down and the fact that we lost a whole 90 minutes of valuable pool time going to a sales pitch.

I highly recommend this resort to everyone. Remember, in Jamaica there are no problems, just situations =)

We shall return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Silcea,

Thank you for sharing with us your review based off your vacation experience here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are elated that your stay with us was an amazing one. We are grateful for all your positive comments about the accommodations, the delicious food and drink mixes and our wonderful team of ladies and gentlemen.

We are pleased that your stay with us was well enjoyed and we would love to have you stay with us again in the future as it was our pleasure hosting you on this visit. Until then, best wishes from our Palladium family!
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very clean, well maintained. Food was very good with a nice variety. Booking a la carte restaurants was a little bit of a nuisance. The buffets were consistently good. The staff were fabulous, friendly and helpful ,very professional. The resort was apparently fully booked, but you never felt crowed. My 13 year old son had the run of the place and he was safe all the time. There were shows every night to keep the teenagers occupied and a game room where they could eat and play, basketball courts and tennis courts .The pathways were well lit at night and there was shuttle service to bring you to your rooms. Excursions were easily arranged from the hotel. The room was clean; the beds fairly comfortable; pillows could use an update; AC worked well and was quiet; bathrooms a bit old and could use a fan. The TV could be a bit bigger, but you aren't in the room that much.

Room Tip: Jamaica side of resort has family sized rooms. Lady Hamilton side is closer to Cove beach, the Posei...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear catherine j,

Thank you for share your opinion with our visitors, that for sure will be very help full for them.

We are always grateful to receive feedback about our staff as we work assiduously to assure our guests have memorable vacation experiences.

It is a pleasure to have had the opportunity of hosting you. We look forward to seeing you in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us, if there is anything at all we can do from this end.

Best Regards,

Macungie, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Check In was slow. I was force to sit in the lobby way past the check in time of 3 pm. I am the groom and getting married at your resort. You think you could have got a room clean for me by check in. When I did get my room the floor was covered in dirt like a bunch of kids ran through the grass and into my room. The air conditioning in my first room did not work at all in one room. Don't get me wrong I had a great time here at the Palladium. We got married on the beach. The wedding coordinator and all the staff made me and my family feel at home. All the food was good and the waiters and waitress in the restaurants kept our glasses full at every meal. One thing that bothered us is we could not seat 12 people together at any restaurant. It was OK for the wedding dinner but no other days. The kids loved the pool although the adults found it a bit chilly. We wondered if they cooled the water at night it was so cold. Now for the bad part. NO ONE in my party could get anyone to fill the mini bars. They were empty upon arrival and empty most of the trip. When they did get filled it was 1 coke 1 diet coke 1 sprite 1 orange and 2 beers. Now remember we are traveling with a family. How do they expect 1 of anything to be enough. I called to get it filled and 48 hours later someone filled it. My father had the same issue and walking up the path one night a worker asked if he needed anything for his mini bar. My father happily requested more beer. The worker offered to put a case of beer in his room for the low cost of 66 american dollars. I can not tell you the things my father told the worker to do with his beer. I had high hopes for this property I really wanted to like it since everything else was going so well. Day after day the service to the room got worse and worse. I paid for a pillows off the pillow menu and had slept a whole 24 hours with out the pillows I paid for. When they finally delivered it they only brought 1. I was refunded for the days I did not have the pillow. I have never had to wait days to get something done. Most of the time you request something especially as a bride and groom YOU GET IT RIGHT AWAY!!! The fact that the man filling your mini bar doesn't fill it to make you desperate enough to pay him to keep it full is despicable. The wait staff at the bars at night is hit or miss. The older woman serving us always seemed eager to fill you up but the younger girls made you feel like you are bothering them. Even tipping these younger waitresses did not help. I found myself buying wine and champagne at the store at double the price and going back to my room to drink. The other big issue is no room service. There is a late night spot to eat about 1 mile from the family side of the resort but no restaurants allow you to remove food from the dining areas. This resort has allot of potential. I would love to see them do better but I can not recommend this property at this time. First fire the guy selling your beer that should be stocking the mini bars for free. By the time I left I figure the palladium owed me 3 days of minibar service and that is being generous. Second they need room service. This could help with the lack of soda and snacks in the rooms with kids. If you can live with no service in your room of any kind this is a great resort. I would go as far as to say one of the best I been to in Jamaica. Unfortunately the lack of room service and mini bar service and just plain customer service will prevent me from returning again. At least until some of my issues are fixed. Would have been nice to return for an anniversary..

Room Tip: Seems every day you complain you move closer to the pool. Room moves are between 2 and 4 pm. Got to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Traveled with multiple other families ans had a great time. Room was spacious and clean, pools were great, grounds were well kept--everyone had a good time.
Food was typical all-inclusive food, but that was fine with us. The jerk chicken shack on the beach was great!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Greetings! Thank your for sharing with us your review. We are elated to know that you and your family have had a wonderful stay here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are pleased that you enjoyed all that our property has to offer and we welcome you to visit again in the future so may once more have a vacation nothing short of Grand! Until then, best wishes from our Palladium family.

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!