We just got back from sunny Jamaica with a great tan and some great memories. We had a group of 10 so that presented a couple minor issues, but nothing that we could not have avoided.
Some advice for larger groups. DO NOT try to get your whole group into the al carte dining rooms. They are small and the number of large tables is small. The staff at these facilities is not capable to handle big tables. After that we went in smaller groups and everything was outstanding. Overall the food was great. The buffet had an outstanding selection for all three meals. The ala carte restaurants had great food and service was better than expected with our smaller groups. We had a member of our party on a very restricted diet, and one that was restricted to gluten free. Both had no trouble with any of the restaurants finding food.
The size of the property was not a big issue. Besides, while on vacation, what is your hurry. The staff was overly accomodating to some minor room issues and responded very quickly to all of our requsts. In one instance the hotel accomodated one of our group and went way beyond what was needed to make sure they were happy.
Watersports - If you like the water and are a srong swimmer the reef on the west end of the property is very cool. I was out about a 1/4 mile following the reef and saw some great wildlife. They would not allow me to do a shore dive to get a better look, even though I am a certified diver. We had our own snorkle equipment and would suggest that if that is what you want to do, same for scuba gear. Their dive boat was broken the week we were there and they accomodated me with a couple trips off of the property to some of the most beautiful dive sites in Jamaica.
Overall we all had a great time, gained 10 pounds, and had a great time at all of the pools and bars. The swim up bar was one that nobody in our group can remember, except for the major hangover the next day.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa Lucea
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.