“Awesome hotel definitely worth a visit.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   The Point, Lucea, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
“Awesome hotel definitely worth a visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is just as good as it looks in the pictures, We took a gamble and went in September (hurricane season) against everyone's advice and the best holiday ever. The weather was absolutely fantastic blue sky's everyday and not a cloud in sight, not to mention not a drop of rain. The staff are brilliant nothing was ever too much trouble, food was excellent and numerous restaurants catering for all different styles of food. The rooms are big and spacious and clean, the sea-view rooms are nice withe the sea just at the end of your balcony. The facilities we good and always available, loads of activities available at your leisure. The atmosphere in the day was buzzing and the pool bar is just what you need in the boiling heat to cool you down. I definitely be revisiting this hotel again, and I would definitely recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Sea view if possible you get a nice breeze come into the room so you don't have to have the air...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,034)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
wrexham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

just got back this morning (22/01/2012), cant praise the hotel enough,we were never pressed for tips, and to be fair never gave many as we always forgot to take money out with us, but had great fun with the staff who are fantastic and always joined in with the fun, the place is immaculate, with great beaches and a massive pool, and a couple of adult pools too, the 'a la carte' restaurants are good, but you will have to turn up early for the stake house and Italian restaurants as they are the most popular, but the mexican one is a bit ropey, but there are some fantastic dishes to be f

Room Tip: e-mail ahead and ask for a sea room view!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Orillia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Well, I just got back from an amazing trip to Jamaica with 40 of our friends. We went for a wedding. The staff are great, very friendly and helpful. It is Jamaica so just remember it's in Jamaica time YA MON! They dont have problems just situations :) The food is amazng and lots to choose from. One thing that our group didn't like was that they couldn't accomidate more then 8 people for a reservation at an a la carte. So we didn't get alot of meals together. The resort is very clean. The cove is where I would recommend to go swimming, (The pool is freezing) its usually pretty calm, and the snorkling there is great, sting rays, octopus, squid, colourful fish, coral, and sea creatures. Lots to see under the sea ;) There were always chairs to find, at the pool or the cove, so dont worry about saving seats. The hair dressers were amazing at doing our hair for the wedding day. It only took them about 30 mins to whip up an amazing updo and makeup. Dont worry about the humidity, the hairspray will keep your hair tame.
Overall the resort was great, I would highly recommend it, Just go and relax, Jamaica time is a real thing, so don't get too up tight, things will get done but maybe just not as fast as you would expect like home. The staff is great, be nice to them, they work very very hard to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We traveled to Jamaica for our one year wedding anniversary. We were so excited as this was our first major trip together and with friends. We did alot of research on the resort and were very nervous about the negative reviews we read. We went into it with positive thoughts and knew we had to experience it for ourselves.
First off, the grounds are beautiful! They are well maintained all over. the resort. The pool is Amazing! The food was okay, be prepared for runny brown eggs when you order am omelette. The cons we experienced were: Upon arrival in our room, we had ants everywhere, from the bathroom, on the bed, the couch, and a trail of them leading from the table to the back door. We had no AC in our room, the shower had standing water in it and didn't drain, and our minifridge contained only one drink which was a diet Coke. We quickly changed rooms. Be prepared to tip for everything!!! All inclusive does not include tipping and they aren't afraid to ask fur tips. The cashier even asked for a tip to break a twenty. The beach on the Grand Palladium side was extremely rocky and contained sharp coral. My husband cut his foot on it upon entering the beach. If you want smooth sand and clear water then you have to go to the Lady Hamilton side (bring tip money). That beach is gorgeous and we wouldn't of known about it had we not had friends staying on that side of the resort.
All in all, I would not stay here ever again. Even though we thought we were saving money by booking outside of Montego Bay or Negril, we ended up paying more since we spent alot of money on tipping. I don't mind tipping and am a generous tipper, however, I don't like being harassed by employees for tips.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about this resort. It is absolutely gorgeous, it looked just like the photos and the staff were fantastic from the moment we arrived. We stayed here from November 11-18th 2012 and had our wedding ceremony on the beach on the 15th. Our wedding planner Nekeisha was fantastic!! She happily took care of all our little requests and made sure the day was exactly what we dreamed of. She even personally delivered our flowers and made sure some food was brought to my room since I didn't have time to go to the restaurant after having our hair and makeup done.
Now for the rest if the resort...our room was beautiful and always clean. Yes there is a little paint chipping in places but if you stop staring at walls who cares? I have better things to focus on in a place as beautiful as Jamaica! The pools were well maintained and we could always find loungers to use. There are no shortage of bars around the resort and the bartenders were very friendly and loved to tell jokes and make people laugh. If you're nice to them they'll be nice to you, they're not your servants. I recommend a strawberry daiquiri with rum cream, or really anything with rum cream that stuff is delicious! As for the food, it was good not amazing but we always found dishes we enjoyed. The Italian and Indian restaurants were very good, the Asian was my least favourite but overall ok. The buffets are huge and carry such a variety, if you go hungry it's definitely your own fault. The pasta station was probably my favourite as well as the omelette station in the mornings. You can make whatever you want so what's not to like. The jerk hut is not to be missed, but go early while the rice is still fresh and there's still seafood to be found. We were here for lunch almost every day. The sports bar is good for a quick snack and if you're a 2am eater like me it's nice to have real food options.
We went out on the boat ride one afternoon and our driver/guide was fantastic, he kept us laughing the entire time. The whole water sports team was a riot keeping us entertained while we waited for our turn on the catamaran.
Beware if you're looking for soft sandy beaches, that is not what you'll find here. There's a lot of rocks and gravelly sand so I would suggest water shoes. My husband and I are both pool people so this didn't concern us, the beaches are still nice to walk along.
The nightly shows were good, you can tell they put a lot of work in to them. It's always more entertaining when the audience is involved and the few nights this happened they had everyone laughing. If they worked that in a bit more i think it would just be that much better.
Overall it was an amazing trip and we are very happy with our resort choice. We want to visit other countries but we are thinking about a return trip here, maybe for a 5th or 10th anniversary. I do recommend this resort. If you go with a laid back have fun attitude you'll love it! And remember "Jamaica time" is a very real thing. There's no jump up and run to do something but, if you ask it will get done you just have to remember to....Relax it's Jamaica mon!
Thank you Grand Palladium for giving us such wonderfully unforgettable wedding memories.

Room Tip: It's a large resort so you will be doing a lot of walking. We were in villa 14 which had amazing...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
East Durham, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I surprised my wife with this January get-away to 85 degree weather from 15 degrees in Upstate New York. Our first time in Jamaica. Our suite was great with two balconies with ocean views. The ceiling fan in the bedroom was squeeking a bit, but before I even said a word, they replaced it with a new unit the next day when we were out on the beach. Perhaps the maid noticed it and reported it. Each day,I tipped the maid and put an extra $2 in the mini-bar, they doubled the beer! Suggestion: tip the people, they work hard for what little money they earn. In our 5 day stay, I spent less on total tips than the insurance cost for the trip. Also I brought my international adapter for my camera and video camera chargers as they have the old style wide 110 v. A.C. outlets. They sell $20.00 phone cards for 22 minutes near the reservations desk. You can call international for less than 90 cents a minute. If you use the room phone, you will be charged $25.88 a minute! The staff here at the Grand Palladium were great, everyone says hello, from the groundskeepers to the maids to the restaurant and bar staff. The main pool was great and there were beaches just down from the pool that were secluded to get away and watch the ocean waves. I am 56 and had no trouble walking from my unit #15 to the bars, restaurants and shows. The food was great, we ate at Bubba's twice, the filet mignon and T-bones were excellent. Why people base their reviews on one bad meal or one bad experience, I have no idea, but some people complain about "Having nothing to complain about!" Bring along a pair of long pants as some restaurants require them to be worn along with a short sleeved shirt. This is their "high time" for travelers and we never waited at any of the restaurants to be served. We enjoyed Miss Lou's Bar as they had ice-cold Red Stripe light and ALL top shelf liquors, indulgent desserts, latte and expresso coffees, comfortable couches and chairs and perfect ambience. J.J. and the staff were great. The Sports bar is open all night and a great place for a quick burger, hot dog, onion rings, fries, etc. Again, the people here are so accommodating, it is so clean, the pools and beaches are fantastic, the food and drinks superfluous, this is Paradise. We will definitely be back again !!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This resort did not live up to expectations and we were extremely disappointed and felt rather let down as the trip cost us quite a lot of money. We are extensive travellers and are used to staying in good hotels but the Lady Hamilton resort is definately NOT 5*. This was our second trip to Jamaica, had it been our first we would not have returned. Riu Tropical in Negril is 100% amazing and is far superior to this resort. I never felt as if we were in Jamaica at the Lady Hamilton, the beaches are a let down and not typically Caribbean like Negril.The main reasons for our complaints are;

Posiedon Restaurant.
This is OK for a quick lunch when you are in your beach clothes, steer clear in the evenings though! A cat went under our table and urinated all up my legs on arrival. The meals took one hour to arrive and they were cold and the quality was disgusting, restaurant was only a quarter full so no excuses. My Husband ate nothing whatsoever that night.Chairs hard, no cushions no evening ambience at all.

Bubbas Steak House was excellent on our first visit but awful a couple of nights later, the steaks were not edible, tough and full of gristle. The Italian restaurant served us the best meal of the week, everything was perfect, food atmosphere and service. Chinese restaurant was no good, main courses were disgusting.

New Year was a complete non-event, just a countdown on the baseball court, very disappointing, we felt really let down, where was the party?? Our rooms were lovely,clean and spacious, the only grumble being rock hard pillows. I found out about the pillow menu but why should you have to pay extra for a comfortable pillow in a 5* hotel????

The restaurants are very busy, most nights we were told there were 22 tables in front of us waiting for dinner. The catering in this resort is badly organised and I blame the management. The hostess staff in the Italian restaurant were very bad tempered and often rude due to stress and the amount of guests waiting for a table. I never once in 7 days saw any sign of a manager walking around or trying to help. A few members of staff were very good but the majority were not happy and rather snappy, another reflection on bad management. Evening entertainment in the main bar was soooo boring........

Room Tip: Huge Resort, you need to be near the lobby if you don't like walking
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Barbara M,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in Grand Palladium Jamaica. All reports help us to understand what our guests need or want from their vacation. I will take note about the issues that you mentioned in your report.

I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We always try to do our best to satisfy our guests and make their vacation enjoyable and the feed back we are receiving from most of our clients proves this. However we assure you that we will take very seriously each of the comments mentioned in order to improve our performance day after day.

It would be nice if we could welcome you back in the future in order you can change you mind about us. Please do not hesitate to contact us, if there is anything at all we can do from this end.

Thank you for your attention.

Best Regards,

Laura López
Assistant Room Division Director

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!