We traveled to Jamaica for our one year wedding anniversary. We were so excited as this was our first major trip together and with friends. We did alot of research on the resort and were very nervous about the negative reviews we read. We went into it with positive thoughts and knew we had to experience it for ourselves.
First off, the grounds are beautiful! They are well maintained all over. the resort. The pool is Amazing! The food was okay, be prepared for runny brown eggs when you order am omelette. The cons we experienced were: Upon arrival in our room, we had ants everywhere, from the bathroom, on the bed, the couch, and a trail of them leading from the table to the back door. We had no AC in our room, the shower had standing water in it and didn't drain, and our minifridge contained only one drink which was a diet Coke. We quickly changed rooms. Be prepared to tip for everything!!! All inclusive does not include tipping and they aren't afraid to ask fur tips. The cashier even asked for a tip to break a twenty. The beach on the Grand Palladium side was extremely rocky and contained sharp coral. My husband cut his foot on it upon entering the beach. If you want smooth sand and clear water then you have to go to the Lady Hamilton side (bring tip money). That beach is gorgeous and we wouldn't of known about it had we not had friends staying on that side of the resort.
All in all, I would not stay here ever again. Even though we thought we were saving money by booking outside of Montego Bay or Negril, we ended up paying more since we spent alot of money on tipping. I don't mind tipping and am a generous tipper, however, I don't like being harassed by employees for tips.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa Lucea
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Orbitz so you can book your Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.