Frankly we were not expecting anything great - we booked at the last minute for a trip over New Year and this was one of the few choices left.
We got the impression that because of the location (quite a long way from any of the usual tourist areas) they are not usualy very busy and that the inexperienced staff was having a lot of trouble coping.
The rooms were quite decent. We had booked two one bedroom suites both with sofa beds. The suite on the ground floor had a major mould problem but they were pleasant enough about changing that to another on an upper floor. Both suites had two very small decks which looked nice but were pretty much useless. The suites themselves were spacious and very clean, but the beds were extremely hard and the pillows were like small bricks. They must realize that it is a problem since they offer upgraded pillows at $3.00 per night per pillow, which is a bit insulting when one is already paying $500.00 per night for the room.
The resort itself is quite lovely, except that maintainance does not seem to be a priority. Everything seems to be broken or out of service - the ice machines, the pool tables and table football machines in the sports bar, the chairs on the deck, the beach chairs at the pool, the TV in one of our rooms .... the list goes on and on.
The bars and the nightime entertainment were all pretty lame. New Years was a dissapointment. Whether one was at the pool during the day or in the bars in the evening, it was self service. The bars closed promptly each night at midnight, except for the sports bar which was a nasty room where they served beer and wine only.
There are several restaurants, but they seem to only run half of them each night which means long lineups for dinner. Waiting for an hour each night to get into a restaurant to eat food which appears to have also been waiting for an hour wears thin after a few days and we were quite happy to be leaving to go home.
There are far better places in Jamaica than this one and unless nothing else is available you should be able to do better.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa Lucea
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Olotels, getaroom.com, Venere, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.