“AMAZING PLACE, booking 3rd vacation here soon!” 5 of 5 stars

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   The Point, Lucea, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
London, United Kingdom
“AMAZING PLACE, booking 3rd vacation here soon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I will start by saying I am very well travelled, will not list all places I have been but range from Thailand, America, canary islands, Egypt, further Caribbean islands and so on..
I would advise not to listen to the bad reviews and to make your mind up and try the resort, sounds like some reviews from these travellers wouldn’t be please unless they had some one to wipe their own back sides!
This Resort is by far the best all inclusive and value for money.
To find a resort with 9 Restaurants, 7 being A la Cart Restaurants is extremely rare, specially with no restrictions, not to mention the 2 beach huts and the 24 hour sports bar which all do food and drink.
Most All inclusive you will have to eat buffet in the evenings as you would usually only find a few A la Cart’s and only be allowed to eat at one A la Cart restaurant once a week.
To me an evening sitting down, a nice cold beer, looking at the menu and enjoying some nice food followed by a evening of relaxing with few more beers and some entertainment is a good percentage of the holiday.
Italian Tops it for me, lovely fillet stakes there and leaguer, Indian, Chinese and stake again all good, not so keen on the food at the seafood restaurant but spent most evenings there at the bar…The drinks are brilliant along with the staff…Venecia 
To all the moaners about having to dress up…..Shame on you, guess if you had the chance you would sit there in your pants and with your hairy belly showing!! Make an effort!
Entertainment is good days and evenings. Lots to do and lots not to do if you just want to chill out.
All staff are great and friend, obviously your get the odd one here and there as you would anywhere in this world
Rooms are good to, loads of space, nice balcony and views. Do tend to agree with regards to maids slacking a little with late cleaning of the rooms and towels, not the end of the world tho!
Hi to all the staff from me and my wife Antoinette who you all know well. Restaurant is (venecia from seafood restaurant) (sashanna, romey, and the rest of the team from Indian restaurant) Italian restaurant supervisor and team. Caribbean restaurant great team. (Ana Alicia front desk manager lady Hamilton) (Stacy from security) .bubbles and buttercup entertainment, And corata and valene guest relations and not to forget Dain who is always welcoming with a big smile and the best to get you from A to B when needed.
Best Regards

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,199)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Had a lovely time with my wife for our first anniversary the weather, food, and rooms were lovely. I will keep this simple I will never return to this hotel because of the flirting of a member of the staff who worked in the hut near the volleyball court. I was ill in the room and he came on to my wife with very crude suggestions making her feel uncomfortable. Unacceptable.

• Stayed October 2012
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed in this resort from Dec 16th to Dec 23rd with our 2 year old son. Let me categorize our experience:

1. Check-in experience: It was very slow and they tried to force us to book a 2-hour resort tour (possibly to sell some time-share). Be aware of this trick.

2. Room: We were offered a room in Villa #23. Room was not serviced and it was not as clean as we expected. So we asked to change the room and finally they moved us to Villa #33. First we thought it had been serviced however when we wanted to take a shower, we found it was super dirty. (See attached picture). So we had to call to ask someone to come and clean it for us.
Sheets had couple of blood spots and overall dirty. They never changed them for us. BE AWARE: there are no elevators in Villas and if you are on 2nd or 3rd floor, then you may have hard time to carry a stroller around.

3. Resort: It is HUGE and very nice. You will find yourself walking around and enjoying every bit of it. There are only 2 elevators in 2 lobbies.

4. Food: Horrible! just Horrible!!! We are not picky eaters however everything was Cold and blend. on 2nd day, my son stopped eating food there and on 3rd night he was throwing up. on 4th day my wife and I got sick (food poising) and started throwing up as well. we were sick for last 3 days and could not enjoy our vacation at all.
I ended up buying lots of chocolates (Kit Kat, ...) from shop there to make sure we do not starve and have something proper and safe to eat.
so be aware of food situation in this resort and please take some pills with you if you going there. In buffet all soft drinks are flat.

IMPORTANT: This resort does not offer 24 hour room service. In addition to that, you are not allowed to take out food from buffet. We were on the beach but we HAD to get back to buffet to eat and then come back to beach. It is not convenient for families with small kids as it is a HUGE resorts.

5. Staff: Very nice and friendly. Please do not hesitate to ask for a service if you need something otherwise you may not get it.

6. Pool: HUGE but if you look into the corners you will see that it is not clean. We found lots of dead bugs in it. We rarely used the pool.

7. Beaches: There are several beaches there. They are not long but good size anyways. Some of them are nice but not all of them.

8. Entertainment: Good enough to entertain us during night.

Overall I am not happy with this resort and will not return there at all.

Room Tip: Choose a room close to Lobby.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Ladan R,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in Grand Palladium Jamaica. All reports help us to know about our guests expectations and help us to find the corrective actions necessary.

We do apologize if you did not enjoy our meals. With 3 buffets offering different theme nights daily and 7 a la carte restaurants we try to satisfy all nationalities regarding quality and variety. As I can read in some other reviews from guests staying in the same week they loved our meals. It's true we don't provide room service but we have our Sports Bar open the 24 hours per day.

We are extremely concerned to learn of your disappointing experience during your stay and would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced. On the other hand, I would like to clarify that in Palladium Jamaica we take hygiene seriously. We follow strict sanitary procedures and recommendations based not only on the Jamaican Regulations, but also by Crystal Americas Company, which is our external consulter. In all our hotels we follow a strict quality and hygiene control throughout each department to check that all regulations and recommendations as long as other healthy procedures are strictly followed by all staff members to reduce and eliminate potential risks. We are deeply sorry that you might have the opposite idea. I will certainly address your comments to all departments involved.

We would also like to mention that after checking the hotel doctor’s reports during your stay it was never brought to our attention any other intoxication suffered at our resort.

Thank you for your nice comments about the resort, our entertainment and our friendly staff.

It is hoped that despite those negative issues, you will afford us another opportunity to serve you and show you our usual service. Please do not hesitate to contact us, if there is anything at all we can do from this end.

Best regards,

Laura López
Assistant Room Division Director
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed at this resort for a wedding in June 2012. The resort was huge and beautiful! Our pretty large group arrived early so our rooms were not ready which we had already expected to happen but we were smart enough to pack swim suits in our carry ons so while we waited for our rooms we had something to eat, explored the resort and enjoyed the amazing pool. The staff at the restore were all very friendly and helpful! Our room was always cleaned and replenished with any items we may have needed. The food was good but not great, the restaurants do not allow males in without pants! I couldnt believe it, not even some nice looking shorts and a shirt! The disco of course is never that great but being that we were there with so many people we definitely made the best of it and had a good time. They did an amazing job on the day of my friends wedding accommodating her as it was raining on and off that day. They were very patient and made her wedding day an amazing one. The wifi in the lobby is not always the greatest depending on how many people are using it at the same time but your on VACATION therefore we tried to stay away from sitting in the room and watching tv or checking up on FB or Twitter! This resort is not for those that have a difficult time walking, this resort is huge!! Therefore things are spread out a bit, they have cars to take you to and from your room if you happen to be in a room located far away from the main action, we did not mind the walk but it can be very exhausting for someone who is not used to that was walking around. I had amazing time and would defintely return to this hotel in the future!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is my first review about Grand Palladium, even I’m a 4th time visitor.
I love the resort, that’s why I was coming back, but I don’t think I will return after my last trip.
Like I said I loved Grand Palladium. Rooms are big and clean, bed is comfortable, service is ok, but food is getting worse even since the last time I was there.
Everything tasted the same, spicy or blend. I was surprised it was no fresh tomatoes till my last day. But I still can live with this.
The biggest problem what resort has are CATS.
Don’t get me wrong I love cats, and I feel really sad when I see homeless animals.
My point is they are sick with parasites. They have a hookworm. I got sick from it in April after visiting the resort.
This is the link you can read about hookworm http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/infectious-parasitic/c_ct_ancylostomiasis
and images how serious it can get http://www.google.com/search?q=hookworms&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=i33UUPbhB-Lh0gHU2oAo&ved=0CEcQsAQ&biw=1364&bih=587
You can catch this by walking on contaminated soil - which is sand on a beach, because cats poop right in front of you on a beach.
I spoke with Roberto – new manager at the resort and I don’t think they will address this problem.
Roberto said it is an open space resort and cats come and go. I get it. At this point I will choose my health.
It was party of 5 in our April trip, and 2 adults and child got sick. I’m attaching the pictures of cats and infected foot.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is a really beautiful hotel especially the pool wow! its just breathe taking good food great entertainment peaceful for R&R nice rooms. My only challenge was that some of the front line staff were not very friendly but I had a good stay would definitely visit again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Potomac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I am a travel agent from Bethesda, MD. I have been to many resorts in Jamaica and the caribbean. This was by far the best. The resort is absolutely beautiful.

The pool is spectacular. It has many cement lounges as it curves it's way around the resort. I don't know if it's the largest pool in the caribbean, but it's certainly up there. The Grand Palladium Jamaica and the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton is all one resort. I don't know why it has two names. They share everything. On the Lady Hamilton side, there is a small adults only pool. The beaches were small but very scenic. One of the beaches had a view of jagged rocks which was amazing. The lush landscaping of the resort was unbelievable. There was plenty of shade.

The staff couldn't have been nicer. They have a way of knowing if you are first time guests. They make sure that you are having a good time.

The food was the best I've had at an all inclusive. The a la carte restaurants are on a first come first serve basis. There was never a problem getting in. The food at the buffets were also very good.

My husband and I had 80 minute massages while there. They allowed us to have them in the same room. They were priced well and wonderfully relaxing.

I would not hesitate to come back. For the price, you can't do better. The quality of this resort is superb.

Room Tip: The higher number rooms are the furthest from the main complex pool, restaurant, beaches etc.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!