We stayed in this resort from Dec 16th to Dec 23rd with our 2 year old son. Let me categorize our experience:
1. Check-in experience: It was very slow and they tried to force us to book a 2-hour resort tour (possibly to sell some time-share). Be aware of this trick.
2. Room: We were offered a room in Villa #23. Room was not serviced and it was not as clean as we expected. So we asked to change the room and finally they moved us to Villa #33. First we thought it had been serviced however when we wanted to take a shower, we found it was super dirty. (See attached picture). So we had to call to ask someone to come and clean it for us.
Sheets had couple of blood spots and overall dirty. They never changed them for us. BE AWARE: there are no elevators in Villas and if you are on 2nd or 3rd floor, then you may have hard time to carry a stroller around.
3. Resort: It is HUGE and very nice. You will find yourself walking around and enjoying every bit of it. There are only 2 elevators in 2 lobbies.
4. Food: Horrible! just Horrible!!! We are not picky eaters however everything was Cold and blend. on 2nd day, my son stopped eating food there and on 3rd night he was throwing up. on 4th day my wife and I got sick (food poising) and started throwing up as well. we were sick for last 3 days and could not enjoy our vacation at all.
I ended up buying lots of chocolates (Kit Kat, ...) from shop there to make sure we do not starve and have something proper and safe to eat.
so be aware of food situation in this resort and please take some pills with you if you going there. In buffet all soft drinks are flat.
IMPORTANT: This resort does not offer 24 hour room service. In addition to that, you are not allowed to take out food from buffet. We were on the beach but we HAD to get back to buffet to eat and then come back to beach. It is not convenient for families with small kids as it is a HUGE resorts.
5. Staff: Very nice and friendly. Please do not hesitate to ask for a service if you need something otherwise you may not get it.
6. Pool: HUGE but if you look into the corners you will see that it is not clean. We found lots of dead bugs in it. We rarely used the pool.
7. Beaches: There are several beaches there. They are not long but good size anyways. Some of them are nice but not all of them.
8. Entertainment: Good enough to entertain us during night.
Overall I am not happy with this resort and will not return there at all.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa Lucea