“Another Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Pgh
“Another Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was my 3rd stay and my husbands 2nd. We traveled with our 17 and 13 year old sons and our 11 year old neice Nov 20-27th.

This was our second time using Jamaica Tours for ground transportation. The first time we sat for over 45 mins waiting to fill the bus before we got on the road. THEN the driver stopped at a local bar for drinks and food. We were not happy! After traveling all day, we just wanted to get to the resort. This time, at the airport we were told we had to pay extra for our 2 boys because they were considered adults. We booked thru cheap tickets and the price was automatically calculated online. We then had to wait about 30 mins on the bus for other travelers to arrive before leaving
the airport. My recomendation is get private transportation. Its worth it! One positive about Jamaica Tours is my 13 year old left his ipod on the bus. The reps at the resort were wonderful and called the driver and ensured it was returned. Thank you for that!

Rooms
We requested connecting rooms, something close to the main lobby, and an ocean view in that order. It may have been because occupancy was low, but they met ALL of our requests! We were very happy with our accomodations! Patricia was our housekeeper and she was very nice and did a good job. We had a little problem with ants in the bathroom but she sprayed for us. Please dont forget to tip your maid! Some of our doors didnt open all the way do to wood expansion. That was kind of a pain at times.

Restaurants
As I said in my last review, we are not very impressed with the food here. Jerk chicken hut is very good. We definately noticed an improvement on the day Soloman was working. Its was mouth wateringly good that day! Bubbas would be my fav sit down. Get the filet though. My son had the ribeye and it was not as good. Ask for Winston. He gave us great service! He worked breakfast buffet the day we were leaving so we requested him because we did notice the service at the buffets were slacking this trip.

Pool
Water was cold! Its was probably do to the weather being cooler at night. I actually thought the weather was perfect! No to low humidity which was a big change to the heat and humidity we have experienced in the past. There are plenty of lounge chairs in shade. Lawrence at the bar is awesome! He is always up beat and fun! Talk to me somebody! Watch out though because if you sit there too long, you will need a nap and lots of water to make it thru the night! Lol! Entertainment team has changed quite a bit since our last trip but they are still fun. Happy returned from vacation on our last few days and remembered us like we were just there a week before. It is so nice to be remembered and treated like family!

Staff
I cannot say enough about the bartenders. The staff here truly makes this resort! Jovaun makes the best drinks and treats you like family, Kemar ALWAYS has a smile on his face, Michael is so entertaining (unfortunately his talent was being wasted most of this trip because they had him in the Casino that nobody uses). I would also just like to mention a few other people that were very accomodating: Romeo in entertainment. Antonio, Gavin, Ricardo, Carrie, Andre, Joy and so many more in the bars!

We want to thank all of you for making our vacation so fun! We will contionue to come back
because of all of you! We hope to see you again soon!

Jose and Tera Lemus

Room Tip: 2nd floor for a/c and ocean views are to die for!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,050)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

It was perfect for a 4 days getaway.
The resort was probably only 25% in occupancy, and that was the best part.
Beautiful and well kept
The staff could have been a little more friendly, but...
Food mediocre, but I'm not fussy,
There is 3 beaches, and they have a fantastic swimming pool

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Greetings! Thank you for sharing your review based on your recent vacation spent here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and all that our Resort has to offer.

We welcome you to visit again in the near future so you may once more experience a Grand vacation. Until then, best wishes from our Palladium family.
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We recently travelled with our two small children (both under 3 years of age). Prior to our trip, we had trouble finding much information about travelling to this resort with little people! Let us fill you in.

At the buffet and even the restaurants, the food service was always fast which is extremely important with impatient children. There were always high chairs with working straps to tie them down. We did bring some supplemental baby food but overall there were a variety of baby-friendly choices (fruit, yogurt, toast, cheese, etc...) We were a bit disappointed that the children's menu was the same at every restaurant - they can only eat so many chicken fingers and fries. Often, we just ordered an additional adult entree for our little guy.

The pool, beach, and playground easily kept our children entertained the entire week long. All of the staff went out of their way to greet us and our children (giving them nicknames, high-five's, etc...) We always felt our babes were safe.

We did use the babysitting service once and were very happy with the results. It took 2 or 3 tries to coordinate; however, we ended up with an excellent sitter. The sitters available are staff members of the resort who typically agree to stay after their shift to earn a few extra dollars ($10 USD per hour per child). She showed up right on time and we had absolutely no problems! You just have to sign a waiver through guest services to set it up.

The laundry services are an economical option. Had I known the prices before hand, I would have packed less for sure and used more of the laundry service. I did do one small laundry order ($5 USD) and everything was fine.

Our largest complaint would be the bed & pillows. Awful. Our toddler slept on the pull-out in the 1 BR suite and it was a rock. We brought our pack-n-play with us because we couldn't find any info about 'hotel cribs'. We noticed our villa neighbors had a crib!! Would have liked to have known that option.

Room Tip: If you are bringing a stroller, request a main floor entry in the villa to avoid stairs. We also...
Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed from Nov 16-23 at Grand Palladium. Our transfer to the resort from the airport was seemless and our check-in was fast and efficient. This was my first all inclusive and the three friends I was with had been to many before. This resort is beautiful, the grounds and hotel are well maintained. The food at the buffet was average, but what I would expect from buffet food. We went at a not so busy time, so was able to enjoy getting a fresh cooked omellette or panini everyday. We were served our cappucinnos promptly and most of the service staff were very helpgul and friendly. We did have a funny incident where we were a bit late for breakfast and went up to the hostess desk where she asked us very friendly-like "Would you like to have breakfast this morning?", and we said yes, please. Then her response was a shake of the head and a NO. It was rather funny how she wouldn't just say buffet is closed. The entertainment staff around the pool really tried to get people involved in activities. We didn't partake in too much, but was fun to watch. The pool is huge and we had no problems getting chairs. Only one swim up bar though, which was always busy and hard to get a drink at.
The a la carte restaurants were hit and miss. Nothing really spectacular, but I have heard all inclusive is not always the best food. The evening entertainment was mostly dance shows which we enjoyed. The nightclub was fun for a couple nights. But we only saw the reggae band the last night we were there and really should have watched them a few nights cause they were great!
Worst thing was that the drinks are REALLY watered down. We would drink all day and not feel much of a buzz. We found out the only way was to drink beer or champagne cause they open it right in front of you. I had three glasses of wine at dinner and it was like drinking water. But I guess they don't want crazy drunk people everywhere.
Overall, I would return to this resort for a very relaxing and fun vacation in Jamaica.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Greetings! Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review based on your recent vacation here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are elated that you have had a wonderful stay being that it was your first visit to an All Inclusive Resort.

We are grateful for your positive comments and we appreciate your feedback as it will better assist us to improve on our product and services that we presently have. We apologize for any inconvenience which you have encountered. We do invite you to visit us in the near future so you may witness the changes that will have been made in these areas which you have outlined and more.

It was our pleasure hosting you during this visit. Until we meet again, best wishes from our Palladium family.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

this was our 1st time going to Jamaica.
We were excited to come to an amazing resort. Upon approval thr stag were friendly. There was welcome drinks as soon as we stepped into the resort.

Our room. The ac wasn't wrking at all. It was humid. We had to wait 20 mins for someone to come and check. They changed the ac filter, and it was ok. The ac wasn't blowing too much cold air.

Rooms are too far from the main bulding.

Food- it's ok! There are a lot of options for food. However it's not quality food. For example Asian place was just a joke. Sushi was just horrible!

Drinks- unlimited!
One time in my drink I found a plastic :( when asked what it was they said sorry. N replaced the drink. This time the ice in the drink had a bug. Yuck!

Spa- prices are incorrect! We booked our flight via sunwing. And the prices are way off. For single braids it said $2.00. When at the resort salon they said its $5.00. I was extermely unhappy how they handled that issue.

Overall.... This resort has a great deal of potential. Customer service needs a great deal of improvement! websites should be uptodate!

• Stayed November 2012
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

There is the GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY.

Check-In

I will concede that we ended up in the same villa eventually. At check in we were in two different villas (one family, two rooms). Jeune got us in the same villa, but the kids got the Ocean view we got the crappy view (sorry, I paid the bill, it should have been the other way around). When we later asked to change, she was quick (extremly in Jamaican time) quick to say it couldn't happen. Being the happy somewhat go lucky people we are, we didn't make waves, but in retrospect, I wish I would have done it. I think that we would have appreciated the view a lot more than my kids did overall in the scheme of things.

Other than the Jamaican restaurant on the third night, I really have no complaint about the food. My shellfist was not cooked so that is why I have to say that.

Booze

Not top shelf in every bar. I am used to getting Jose Cuerzo everywhere, and the brands they did stock were not what I consider top stock. Bailey's in Miss Lou's bar was spotty at best. Top shelf is not what they stock on their bar. You had to search and be lucky to get what you wanted including tipping a lot. This has never happened at other resorts. Fiesta Group, don't cheapen the experience. Spend the extra $$ to provide top shelf liquor, It goes a long way, believe me.

Beaches

Loved the beaches. Las Brisas had the best snorkling, Sunset Cove had the best swimming and overall we wer not disappointed. Chairs were easy to get, no tables, no beach service (would be great upgrade) and the jerk chicken really isn't to be missed. It was delicious and a welcome lunch/snack while swimming or before dinner depending on what we were doing that day. The beaches are the best feature of this hotel.

Pool

Can beat the size. Spent most of our time at the beach, but the little time we did spend at the pool was great. The kids liked the change of pace and we found a great shady corner of a huge sunny pool.

Sports Bar

This is really where the good, band and ugly com into play. Great: the food. My kids could always find something they liked and ate like crazy here. Service was slow, but the food was great The Good: Family time.....We played pool, ping pong and we really enjoyed playing games as a family during the day. The bad, the pool tables....really when the equipment is looking worn and broken, REPLACE IT! This is the difference between a 4 star and a 5 star. As well as having ceiling fans when the air is not working! THINK! Basic customer service in my thinking. Two days we were in there the air was out, so it was so hot! It was the only place without celing fans. Why?

Room

I loved the room. Could use an alarm clock, or clock in general,but I loved the shower, the jaquizzi tub, the king size bed (wasn't as had as some make it out to be),the size, the housekeeping, the bar restocking was acceptable, but if a customer was consuming more of onething thing than another, shouldn't that trigger a put more of x instead of y in the refrigerator? Just a thought. The coffee maker and the Jamaican coffee was delightful. Nothing screams Jamaica than Jamaican Coffee in the coffee maker in the morning on the balcony.

Hotel

The hotel staff was friendly except for our check in person. Everyone said hi, was friendly and appeared to want to make sure we had a great trip.

We would probably stay here again. It's so beautiful and had so many different think things to offer. If you don't scuba dive, snorkling in Las Brisas would give you a close experience.

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

beach just average, evening entertaiment very poor, far away to any city, very good food, A+ swimming pool, hotel is looking very good, good size rooms. Generaly good holiday. If you looking for lazy holiday that is good place for You

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!