We recently travelled with our two small children (both under 3 years of age). Prior to our trip, we had trouble finding much information about travelling to this resort with little people! Let us fill you in.
At the buffet and even the restaurants, the food service was always fast which is extremely important with impatient children. There were always high chairs with working straps to tie them down. We did bring some supplemental baby food but overall there were a variety of baby-friendly choices (fruit, yogurt, toast, cheese, etc...) We were a bit disappointed that the children's menu was the same at every restaurant - they can only eat so many chicken fingers and fries. Often, we just ordered an additional adult entree for our little guy.
The pool, beach, and playground easily kept our children entertained the entire week long. All of the staff went out of their way to greet us and our children (giving them nicknames, high-five's, etc...) We always felt our babes were safe.
We did use the babysitting service once and were very happy with the results. It took 2 or 3 tries to coordinate; however, we ended up with an excellent sitter. The sitters available are staff members of the resort who typically agree to stay after their shift to earn a few extra dollars ($10 USD per hour per child). She showed up right on time and we had absolutely no problems! You just have to sign a waiver through guest services to set it up.
The laundry services are an economical option. Had I known the prices before hand, I would have packed less for sure and used more of the laundry service. I did do one small laundry order ($5 USD) and everything was fine.
Our largest complaint would be the bed & pillows. Awful. Our toddler slept on the pull-out in the 1 BR suite and it was a rock. We brought our pack-n-play with us because we couldn't find any info about 'hotel cribs'. We noticed our villa neighbors had a crib!! Would have liked to have known that option.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa Lucea
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Orbitz so you can book your Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.