“Great experience with two small children in tow (under 3 years of age)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

You added Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   The Point, Lucea, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
“Great experience with two small children in tow (under 3 years of age)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We recently travelled with our two small children (both under 3 years of age). Prior to our trip, we had trouble finding much information about travelling to this resort with little people! Let us fill you in.

At the buffet and even the restaurants, the food service was always fast which is extremely important with impatient children. There were always high chairs with working straps to tie them down. We did bring some supplemental baby food but overall there were a variety of baby-friendly choices (fruit, yogurt, toast, cheese, etc...) We were a bit disappointed that the children's menu was the same at every restaurant - they can only eat so many chicken fingers and fries. Often, we just ordered an additional adult entree for our little guy.

The pool, beach, and playground easily kept our children entertained the entire week long. All of the staff went out of their way to greet us and our children (giving them nicknames, high-five's, etc...) We always felt our babes were safe.

We did use the babysitting service once and were very happy with the results. It took 2 or 3 tries to coordinate; however, we ended up with an excellent sitter. The sitters available are staff members of the resort who typically agree to stay after their shift to earn a few extra dollars ($10 USD per hour per child). She showed up right on time and we had absolutely no problems! You just have to sign a waiver through guest services to set it up.

The laundry services are an economical option. Had I known the prices before hand, I would have packed less for sure and used more of the laundry service. I did do one small laundry order ($5 USD) and everything was fine.

Our largest complaint would be the bed & pillows. Awful. Our toddler slept on the pull-out in the 1 BR suite and it was a rock. We brought our pack-n-play with us because we couldn't find any info about 'hotel cribs'. We noticed our villa neighbors had a crib!! Would have liked to have known that option.

Room Tip: If you are bringing a stroller, request a main floor entry in the villa to avoid stairs. We also...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,237)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed from Nov 16-23 at Grand Palladium. Our transfer to the resort from the airport was seemless and our check-in was fast and efficient. This was my first all inclusive and the three friends I was with had been to many before. This resort is beautiful, the grounds and hotel are well maintained. The food at the buffet was average, but what I would expect from buffet food. We went at a not so busy time, so was able to enjoy getting a fresh cooked omellette or panini everyday. We were served our cappucinnos promptly and most of the service staff were very helpgul and friendly. We did have a funny incident where we were a bit late for breakfast and went up to the hostess desk where she asked us very friendly-like "Would you like to have breakfast this morning?", and we said yes, please. Then her response was a shake of the head and a NO. It was rather funny how she wouldn't just say buffet is closed. The entertainment staff around the pool really tried to get people involved in activities. We didn't partake in too much, but was fun to watch. The pool is huge and we had no problems getting chairs. Only one swim up bar though, which was always busy and hard to get a drink at.
The a la carte restaurants were hit and miss. Nothing really spectacular, but I have heard all inclusive is not always the best food. The evening entertainment was mostly dance shows which we enjoyed. The nightclub was fun for a couple nights. But we only saw the reggae band the last night we were there and really should have watched them a few nights cause they were great!
Worst thing was that the drinks are REALLY watered down. We would drink all day and not feel much of a buzz. We found out the only way was to drink beer or champagne cause they open it right in front of you. I had three glasses of wine at dinner and it was like drinking water. But I guess they don't want crazy drunk people everywhere.
Overall, I would return to this resort for a very relaxing and fun vacation in Jamaica.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Greetings! Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review based on your recent vacation here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are elated that you have had a wonderful stay being that it was your first visit to an All Inclusive Resort.

We are grateful for your positive comments and we appreciate your feedback as it will better assist us to improve on our product and services that we presently have. We apologize for any inconvenience which you have encountered. We do invite you to visit us in the near future so you may witness the changes that will have been made in these areas which you have outlined and more.

It was our pleasure hosting you during this visit. Until we meet again, best wishes from our Palladium family.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

this was our 1st time going to Jamaica.
We were excited to come to an amazing resort. Upon approval thr stag were friendly. There was welcome drinks as soon as we stepped into the resort.

Our room. The ac wasn't wrking at all. It was humid. We had to wait 20 mins for someone to come and check. They changed the ac filter, and it was ok. The ac wasn't blowing too much cold air.

Rooms are too far from the main bulding.

Food- it's ok! There are a lot of options for food. However it's not quality food. For example Asian place was just a joke. Sushi was just horrible!

Drinks- unlimited!
One time in my drink I found a plastic :( when asked what it was they said sorry. N replaced the drink. This time the ice in the drink had a bug. Yuck!

Spa- prices are incorrect! We booked our flight via sunwing. And the prices are way off. For single braids it said $2.00. When at the resort salon they said its $5.00. I was extermely unhappy how they handled that issue.

Overall.... This resort has a great deal of potential. Customer service needs a great deal of improvement! websites should be uptodate!

• Stayed November 2012
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

There is the GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY.

Check-In

I will concede that we ended up in the same villa eventually. At check in we were in two different villas (one family, two rooms). Jeune got us in the same villa, but the kids got the Ocean view we got the crappy view (sorry, I paid the bill, it should have been the other way around). When we later asked to change, she was quick (extremly in Jamaican time) quick to say it couldn't happen. Being the happy somewhat go lucky people we are, we didn't make waves, but in retrospect, I wish I would have done it. I think that we would have appreciated the view a lot more than my kids did overall in the scheme of things.

Other than the Jamaican restaurant on the third night, I really have no complaint about the food. My shellfist was not cooked so that is why I have to say that.

Booze

Not top shelf in every bar. I am used to getting Jose Cuerzo everywhere, and the brands they did stock were not what I consider top stock. Bailey's in Miss Lou's bar was spotty at best. Top shelf is not what they stock on their bar. You had to search and be lucky to get what you wanted including tipping a lot. This has never happened at other resorts. Fiesta Group, don't cheapen the experience. Spend the extra $$ to provide top shelf liquor, It goes a long way, believe me.

Beaches

Loved the beaches. Las Brisas had the best snorkling, Sunset Cove had the best swimming and overall we wer not disappointed. Chairs were easy to get, no tables, no beach service (would be great upgrade) and the jerk chicken really isn't to be missed. It was delicious and a welcome lunch/snack while swimming or before dinner depending on what we were doing that day. The beaches are the best feature of this hotel.

Pool

Can beat the size. Spent most of our time at the beach, but the little time we did spend at the pool was great. The kids liked the change of pace and we found a great shady corner of a huge sunny pool.

Sports Bar

This is really where the good, band and ugly com into play. Great: the food. My kids could always find something they liked and ate like crazy here. Service was slow, but the food was great The Good: Family time.....We played pool, ping pong and we really enjoyed playing games as a family during the day. The bad, the pool tables....really when the equipment is looking worn and broken, REPLACE IT! This is the difference between a 4 star and a 5 star. As well as having ceiling fans when the air is not working! THINK! Basic customer service in my thinking. Two days we were in there the air was out, so it was so hot! It was the only place without celing fans. Why?

Room

I loved the room. Could use an alarm clock, or clock in general,but I loved the shower, the jaquizzi tub, the king size bed (wasn't as had as some make it out to be),the size, the housekeeping, the bar restocking was acceptable, but if a customer was consuming more of onething thing than another, shouldn't that trigger a put more of x instead of y in the refrigerator? Just a thought. The coffee maker and the Jamaican coffee was delightful. Nothing screams Jamaica than Jamaican Coffee in the coffee maker in the morning on the balcony.

Hotel

The hotel staff was friendly except for our check in person. Everyone said hi, was friendly and appeared to want to make sure we had a great trip.

We would probably stay here again. It's so beautiful and had so many different think things to offer. If you don't scuba dive, snorkling in Las Brisas would give you a close experience.

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

beach just average, evening entertaiment very poor, far away to any city, very good food, A+ swimming pool, hotel is looking very good, good size rooms. Generaly good holiday. If you looking for lazy holiday that is good place for You

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarnia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was our first trip to Jamaica and we stayed at the Grand Palladium from Nov 10-20 and had a fantastic time! Please DO NOT let the bad reviews cloud your judgement about this resort it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.
To Start our Check In was great, we were greeted with welcome drinks and within 15 minutes our entire group, which was 23 people, was checked in and being shuttled to our villa.
When we arrived to our rooms they were super clean and absoultely gorgeous. I have no complaints about anything not being cleaned, I am a total clean freak and I had no worries about anything being unsanitary.The staff at this resort is AMAZING!! I couldn't believe the amount of staff that work at the resort, and they are always working, not only do they work hard but they are some of the friendliest people I have ever met! Jevon who stocked our fridge in Villa 17, is probably one of the nicest people I have ever met, he is fabulous and I hope that anyone that stays here has the pleasure of meeting him.
We enjoyed all of the food here,I'm a foodie and I must say the food here was great.The buffets are DELISH and breakfast is so good, I've never enjoyed breakfast so much in my life. Of all the restaurants though, the Italian was my favorite, My husband and I are already missing the cheese ravioli and trying to re-create it in our kitchen!
Now the reason we travelled to Jamaica was to get married. Our wedding co-ordinator was Nekeisha and she did a great job! I had no worries about my wedding day and I was so happy to be greeted by her when I arrived at our wedding location, she made sure that everything went off without a hitch. I can't thank her enough for all the hard work she did. We were married in the gazebo and it was absolutely stunning and very private. I recommend any bride to choose this location, our pictures are amazing! After our ceremony was over we were all shuttled to our cocktail party location, this went so smooth I almost cant believe it, when we arrived the hors d'ouevres were displayed beautifully and were so delicious, everyone loved it! I must say nothing in life is perfect but my wedding day was PERFECT! Thank You!!
I would recommend anyone to go to this resort . The grounds are beautiful, the beaches are great, and the staff make this resort an even better experience! I can't thank the Grand Palladium enough for giving me the wedding of my dreams! I'm already thinking about our trip back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have recently just been married at the Grand Palladium hotel in Jamaica and had a wonderful experience. We had approximately 44 guests with us, all had a really great experience in Jamaica.
To start off Planning the trip was a bit hard, the hotel does max 4 weddings a day which makes things a bit complicated as you are in competition for wedding venues when their are so many weddings in one day. So with that being said my husband and I started communication with the hotel as soon as we had a date picked out. We contacted the hotel in the start of April for our wedding in November, which I would strongly recommend to start communication early especially if you have a particular vision you are trying to accomplish. It was definitely a rough start as the hotel does not assign one wedding co-coordinator until 2 months prior to your date so obtaining consistent information was difficult. However the big thing that needs to be done early is picking your venue I had chosen the posiden restaurant (as it is a nicer beach and a smaller restaurant good size for a crowd less than 50) but was booked my the other brides as well as my second choice the Blue Lagoon restaurant ( the large middle restaurant overlooking the infinity pool). So I begged for an alternate location as the other restaurants that were offered were not up to snuff especially for a wedding. They had offered me the Jamaican restaurant or the Mexican restaurant both great to eat at but themed and definitely not formal enough for a wedding venue. So after getting a hold of Erica (the wedding co-coordinators manager), as we had so many issues with the W.C not returning e-mails to confirm wedding venue sites that are available she was able to offer the spa Atrium space as a venue site for dinner since all others were booked by the other two brides sharing the same wedding day. This turned out to be what I think is the best venue site. It is extremely private being next to the upgraded suites and extremely elegant, it was also far away from all other restaurants leaving no uninvited guests. we chosen the Gala menu #2 which was a great assortment of seafood and chicken and pasta. These packages per person are expensive but we were able to negotiate the price as these menus are for 50+ ppl and we had 44 with some menu cuts but we ended up with lots of extras. They do an amazing job trying to make your day everything that you want it to be, especially if you are like me and had a hard time getting confirmation. Once you are down there and your w.C meets you everything run supper smooth, so don't worry the headache is only prior :)
As a bride I was not at all fussy with any of the details other than my dress and hair. So I had chosen the waves of love package and couldn't have been happier. The flowers were beautiful but only come with a bride bouquet and boutonniere for groom not for bridesmaids or groomsmen ( so if you want that don't forget to add the extra cost) We were to have the ceremony on the beach but it ended up raining that day so we had it at the back up location which is the spa. To tell you the truth we were there for an extra week watching other weddings on the beach and I was really happy we had it at the spa, because it is way more private and is a lot more formal which I loved. They did an amazing job setting it up for the ceremony and the dinner, you can tell they do it often and they do it well.
I think the only other ceremony place I would have chosen was the gazebo. It overlooks the Caribbean sea and is a the very edge of the cliff, so just breath taking. However the path is really long for walking down the isle, just FYI.
I had my hair done at the spa and couldn't have been better. I had read some bad reviews in relation to hairstyles done at the hotel but my advise would be just to go to the spa and consult the hairdressers they will put all your worries to rest. My hair is down to my bum and very thick and they did an amazing job. Me and my two bridesmaids were done our hair in less than 2 hrs all with long hair. I did my own make-up but it looks sound with MAC as a product line if you are considering getting it done.
As for photography I payed for one from Edmonton the fly down with us. Most of my budget but worth every penny because now I have pictures of everyone for the week rather than just one day. As a part of the package they give you 8 pictures, and they were decent but I really believe pictures are the only part of your wedding that will last so spend the extra and make sure you will love them.
We got the upgraded suite to the villa from the junior suite. They initially told me it was not possible to have the upgrade to the honey moon villa as that is a double upgrade and they only offer a single upgrade. After many e-mails to customer relations they offered it to me for free only after I had sent e-mail of other brides who had received the upgrade for free. The room was difficult to obtain but well worth it, it was amazing. Just FYI if you do the upgrade villa they are all located on lady Hamilton side. Not a big deal but a far walk to see all the guests on the palladium side about 10 minutes, there are carts for free to take you around 24/7 but take a while to reach your room.

All said and done I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great vacation or an amazing wedding!! I hope this helps you and I will be posting on wedding bee if you wanna ask questions. YA man!

Room Tip: Rooms on lady Hamilton side are much quieter as they are away from the night life and closer to the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!