We stayed from Nov 16-23 at Grand Palladium. Our transfer to the resort from the airport was seemless and our check-in was fast and efficient. This was my first all inclusive and the three friends I was with had been to many before. This resort is beautiful, the grounds and hotel are well maintained. The food at the buffet was average, but what I would expect from buffet food. We went at a not so busy time, so was able to enjoy getting a fresh cooked omellette or panini everyday. We were served our cappucinnos promptly and most of the service staff were very helpgul and friendly. We did have a funny incident where we were a bit late for breakfast and went up to the hostess desk where she asked us very friendly-like "Would you like to have breakfast this morning?", and we said yes, please. Then her response was a shake of the head and a NO. It was rather funny how she wouldn't just say buffet is closed. The entertainment staff around the pool really tried to get people involved in activities. We didn't partake in too much, but was fun to watch. The pool is huge and we had no problems getting chairs. Only one swim up bar though, which was always busy and hard to get a drink at.
The a la carte restaurants were hit and miss. Nothing really spectacular, but I have heard all inclusive is not always the best food. The evening entertainment was mostly dance shows which we enjoyed. The nightclub was fun for a couple nights. But we only saw the reggae band the last night we were there and really should have watched them a few nights cause they were great!
Worst thing was that the drinks are REALLY watered down. We would drink all day and not feel much of a buzz. We found out the only way was to drink beer or champagne cause they open it right in front of you. I had three glasses of wine at dinner and it was like drinking water. But I guess they don't want crazy drunk people everywhere.
Overall, I would return to this resort for a very relaxing and fun vacation in Jamaica.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa Lucea
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Orbitz so you can book your Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.