“Very good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Lucea
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

beach just average, evening entertaiment very poor, far away to any city, very good food, A+ swimming pool, hotel is looking very good, good size rooms. Generaly good holiday. If you looking for lazy holiday that is good place for You

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

3,637 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (962)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sarnia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was our first trip to Jamaica and we stayed at the Grand Palladium from Nov 10-20 and had a fantastic time! Please DO NOT let the bad reviews cloud your judgement about this resort it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.
To Start our Check In was great, we were greeted with welcome drinks and within 15 minutes our entire group, which was 23 people, was checked in and being shuttled to our villa.
When we arrived to our rooms they were super clean and absoultely gorgeous. I have no complaints about anything not being cleaned, I am a total clean freak and I had no worries about anything being unsanitary.The staff at this resort is AMAZING!! I couldn't believe the amount of staff that work at the resort, and they are always working, not only do they work hard but they are some of the friendliest people I have ever met! Jevon who stocked our fridge in Villa 17, is probably one of the nicest people I have ever met, he is fabulous and I hope that anyone that stays here has the pleasure of meeting him.
We enjoyed all of the food here,I'm a foodie and I must say the food here was great.The buffets are DELISH and breakfast is so good, I've never enjoyed breakfast so much in my life. Of all the restaurants though, the Italian was my favorite, My husband and I are already missing the cheese ravioli and trying to re-create it in our kitchen!
Now the reason we travelled to Jamaica was to get married. Our wedding co-ordinator was Nekeisha and she did a great job! I had no worries about my wedding day and I was so happy to be greeted by her when I arrived at our wedding location, she made sure that everything went off without a hitch. I can't thank her enough for all the hard work she did. We were married in the gazebo and it was absolutely stunning and very private. I recommend any bride to choose this location, our pictures are amazing! After our ceremony was over we were all shuttled to our cocktail party location, this went so smooth I almost cant believe it, when we arrived the hors d'ouevres were displayed beautifully and were so delicious, everyone loved it! I must say nothing in life is perfect but my wedding day was PERFECT! Thank You!!
I would recommend anyone to go to this resort . The grounds are beautiful, the beaches are great, and the staff make this resort an even better experience! I can't thank the Grand Palladium enough for giving me the wedding of my dreams! I'm already thinking about our trip back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have recently just been married at the Grand Palladium hotel in Jamaica and had a wonderful experience. We had approximately 44 guests with us, all had a really great experience in Jamaica.
To start off Planning the trip was a bit hard, the hotel does max 4 weddings a day which makes things a bit complicated as you are in competition for wedding venues when their are so many weddings in one day. So with that being said my husband and I started communication with the hotel as soon as we had a date picked out. We contacted the hotel in the start of April for our wedding in November, which I would strongly recommend to start communication early especially if you have a particular vision you are trying to accomplish. It was definitely a rough start as the hotel does not assign one wedding co-coordinator until 2 months prior to your date so obtaining consistent information was difficult. However the big thing that needs to be done early is picking your venue I had chosen the posiden restaurant (as it is a nicer beach and a smaller restaurant good size for a crowd less than 50) but was booked my the other brides as well as my second choice the Blue Lagoon restaurant ( the large middle restaurant overlooking the infinity pool). So I begged for an alternate location as the other restaurants that were offered were not up to snuff especially for a wedding. They had offered me the Jamaican restaurant or the Mexican restaurant both great to eat at but themed and definitely not formal enough for a wedding venue. So after getting a hold of Erica (the wedding co-coordinators manager), as we had so many issues with the W.C not returning e-mails to confirm wedding venue sites that are available she was able to offer the spa Atrium space as a venue site for dinner since all others were booked by the other two brides sharing the same wedding day. This turned out to be what I think is the best venue site. It is extremely private being next to the upgraded suites and extremely elegant, it was also far away from all other restaurants leaving no uninvited guests. we chosen the Gala menu #2 which was a great assortment of seafood and chicken and pasta. These packages per person are expensive but we were able to negotiate the price as these menus are for 50+ ppl and we had 44 with some menu cuts but we ended up with lots of extras. They do an amazing job trying to make your day everything that you want it to be, especially if you are like me and had a hard time getting confirmation. Once you are down there and your w.C meets you everything run supper smooth, so don't worry the headache is only prior :)
As a bride I was not at all fussy with any of the details other than my dress and hair. So I had chosen the waves of love package and couldn't have been happier. The flowers were beautiful but only come with a bride bouquet and boutonniere for groom not for bridesmaids or groomsmen ( so if you want that don't forget to add the extra cost) We were to have the ceremony on the beach but it ended up raining that day so we had it at the back up location which is the spa. To tell you the truth we were there for an extra week watching other weddings on the beach and I was really happy we had it at the spa, because it is way more private and is a lot more formal which I loved. They did an amazing job setting it up for the ceremony and the dinner, you can tell they do it often and they do it well.
I think the only other ceremony place I would have chosen was the gazebo. It overlooks the Caribbean sea and is a the very edge of the cliff, so just breath taking. However the path is really long for walking down the isle, just FYI.
I had my hair done at the spa and couldn't have been better. I had read some bad reviews in relation to hairstyles done at the hotel but my advise would be just to go to the spa and consult the hairdressers they will put all your worries to rest. My hair is down to my bum and very thick and they did an amazing job. Me and my two bridesmaids were done our hair in less than 2 hrs all with long hair. I did my own make-up but it looks sound with MAC as a product line if you are considering getting it done.
As for photography I payed for one from Edmonton the fly down with us. Most of my budget but worth every penny because now I have pictures of everyone for the week rather than just one day. As a part of the package they give you 8 pictures, and they were decent but I really believe pictures are the only part of your wedding that will last so spend the extra and make sure you will love them.
We got the upgraded suite to the villa from the junior suite. They initially told me it was not possible to have the upgrade to the honey moon villa as that is a double upgrade and they only offer a single upgrade. After many e-mails to customer relations they offered it to me for free only after I had sent e-mail of other brides who had received the upgrade for free. The room was difficult to obtain but well worth it, it was amazing. Just FYI if you do the upgrade villa they are all located on lady Hamilton side. Not a big deal but a far walk to see all the guests on the palladium side about 10 minutes, there are carts for free to take you around 24/7 but take a while to reach your room.

All said and done I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great vacation or an amazing wedding!! I hope this helps you and I will be posting on wedding bee if you wanna ask questions. YA man!

Room Tip: Rooms on lady Hamilton side are much quieter as they are away from the night life and closer to the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Spent a very good week (Sat to Sat) at Palladium Jamaica with wife and 7 other friends.

We stayed on the Jamaica side (saved a couple hundred per) and it was great. Villa 17 / ground flood - view of ocean, could walk right off deck and few more steps to feel the spray of the waves from the ocean.
Many reviews refer to the large size and lots of walking. It is big, but I felt these were over stressed. From our villa (2nd furthest from lobby) was only 7 min walk, could even get a shuttle if that lazy.
Rooms: No clock / alarm - bring your own. Good size, 2 seat loveseat, 2 chairs and small table, coffee maker. Our shower leaked quite a bit of water, but no big deal.
Food: buffets were great, lots of selection, great service most days. Sports bar had really good 'pub' food. Wraps, chicken fingers & burgers.
Al a carts were very good as well. Italian was our fav - ate there twice. We had friends staying on Lady Hamilton side that got them 5 reservations during the week. Could make them for entire group. Without you just needed to walk up and leave name - did this 1 night and only waited 15 min.
Lots to do if you wanted to, but many spots to relax and enjoy the sun.
Our average day started around the main pool (very big, loads of spots to sit), played some volleyball (be careful as the sand is not deep and concrete beneath) and some drinks. Lunch at buffet or sports bar and our group usually moved over to the adult pool / sunset cove for the afternoon sun. It was nice a quiet here and very relaxing. Some okay snorkeling in the cove, but if was a bit wavy the water could be murky. We'd stay here until 5ish and then take a nap and head for dinner. Bar here was open until 10pm and the bartender was terrific.
Evening shows were okay, not my thing but the live music in the Infinity bar was always great. The steel drum band and dancers were amazing and make sure to check them out.

We did 1 day trip - 3 hr Dreamers boat tour (snorkeling + booze cruise). Loads of fun, we had the best bus driver ever 'Joe', had us laughing the entire ride to MoBay. Boat ride was very good. Crew is exceptional, entertaining you the entire way. Snorkeling was okay, saw some fish and some neat coral. Small tour in & around the mangrove bay and learn about the area from the captain. We were able to get a few bucks off the trip just by asking and save $10.00 each.

Overall everyone in our group would return to this resort

Room Tip: Lower floors the A/C works better - almost too cold.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear P-N1975,

Greetings! Thank you for your review.
We are elated that you spent a very good week here with us.

Your positive comments are greatly appreciated. I am pleased to know you loved the accommodations, the exquisite meals and the entertainment among the other great aspects of our Resort which you have mentioned.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to your visit in the near future where we will be happy to host you in true Palladium Style.

Best regards,

Detroit, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at the Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort over Thanksgiving weekend 2012. Weather was averaging around 75-85 meaning the pool was a bit cold. Everything was really nice and my gosh the views were insane. The resort is approx 45 minutes away from the airport. We took a shuttle to the resort but if I were to go again I would most likely take a cab, from what I hear its only $60 each way and its a lot quicker, we waited 2 hours at the airport for our shuttle to round up all the passengers from different flights. There are two pools, ones a relaxing (adult) pool while the main pool is more active with a swim up bar. I wasnt able to check out the steak house but I did go to the Mexican and Indian restaurant and it was amazing. My only complaint is that the sports bar needs more employees and maybe a buffet style line for after hour eating when the main restaurants are closed. We went there a few time and it takes forever for someone to come get your order or even a drink. It seems they only have one waitress for about 60 tables and only one bartender.

If you are going on vacation to just relax then I would recommend this place

Room Tip: If you are not much of a walker then ask for rooms closer to the main pool area. We were at building...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear FinderKeepers,

Thank you for choosing our Resort for your vacation destination. We are elated that you enjoyed the facilities and all that we have to offer.

We will nonetheless include your concerns in our briefings in an effort to continuously improve our service and product.

We invite you to visit so you may experience the improvements that have been made.
Thank you for having stayed with us.

Kind regards,

Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The people are wonderful and the food is great, the only thing i did not like was the smoking. You have to visit the Jerk Hut , the best jerk chicken. Everyday our refrig was stock and everyone is so nice and helpful. My best vacation ever!!!!!!!

Dear felicia w,

Thank you very much for your good comments about our resort and for taking the time to explain your experience with us.

It’s a pleasure to realize that you had a great time here, as our aim is to provide memorable vacations to our guests.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us...

Kindest regards,

Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My mom, my sister and I were at the Grand Palladium Jamaica November 3-10, 2012. It was a girl's trip to celebrate my sister's upcoming 30th birthday. My sister chose this resort based on the many eating and bar options for the all inclusive. We were fully aware of it's location between Montego Bay and Negril and did extensive research for our excursion options.

We arrived at the resort a little bit after 2pm on Saturday, November 3. Our reservation was an exchange through RCI that had been booked since June. There was a lot of confusion about our reservation and the fact that there was 3 of us that would be staying in the room. We got it all straightened out and got our all inclusive bracelets. We were told that we would have to come back for a third key the next day because they were too busy checking in other people to do it right then.

We were on the second floor on Building 17 in a one bedroom suite. Our room was on the corner and we had two balconies, one overlooking the ocean and the other overlooking the gardens. Our room was very beautiful but we discovered that there was only one king sized bed. We called the front desk and they told us that there were no rooms in our category with two beds available at that time but if we wanted to upgrade we could at an extra charge. We declined and they told us that the couch in the living room made into a bed. We decided to stick with that. We then had a knock on the door and the maintenance man came in and said that he needed to work on our tv in the bedroom. We waited around for about 30 minutes while he worked on the tv and then eventually replaced it with a different tv. We also had to call the front desk to ask them to stock the refrigerator because when we arrived in the room there was one bottle of Diet Coke and one bottle of orange soda in it.
After our initial check in and confusion in the room, our trip went much better.

The Things that We Loved About the Resort:
We really enjoyed the main pool. It was beautiful, clean and had three bars around it. There is never a lack of available chairs in both the sun and the shade. We never had any trouble getting a drink. We really enjoyed the "Martin Special's" and the "Killer Koolaid" at the swim up bar. I would suggest bringing an insulated cup to use at the pool. It helps keep your drink cold and the cups that they use are very small.

We had a great time with the entertainment staff! They always had something going on and we personally participated in water aerobics, bingo, and trivia games. They were always very friendly and worked very hard to make sure that everyone was having a good time.

Our favorite place to eat breakfast was The Blue Lagoon because we enjoyed eating outside and having the view of the pool and the ocean. Our favorite restaurants were Bhogali, the Indian Restaurant, and Pastafarian, the Italian Restaurant. We ate at each of those several times and our meals were wonderful each time. They are both outside and could get a little hot at times.

We hung out every night at the Infinity Bar after dinner. They had different types of live music each night and the band that played on Tuesday and Saturday was our favorite. The lady that was the lead singer had a fantastic voice and the music was varied and fun to dance to. There are two waitresses that are on duty at night so a lot of time you are better off going to the bar yourself. The one waitress, Roxanna is very, very sweet and we really enjoyed getting to know her.

The Things that We Were Disappointed About the Resort:

We felt that overall, the staff lacked in friendliness. We are very easy to please ladies and we tipped for each round of drinks and for every meal, including the buffets. We encountered more disinterested and a few down right rude staff then we felt like was appropriate. We also work in customer service and understand that people can have off days but I think that more training in customer service would benefit the resort. We did however, get very, very friendly service at times.

We wished that there was an option to eat at the pool. The only lunch option by the main pool is inside at the Negril Buffet. We like to have hamburgers or sandwiches at the pool so that we don't have to put on coverups and leave the fun pool atmosphere to eat lunch.

We did not enjoy the beaches. The nicest of the beaches is Sunset Cove and it was still very rocky and reminded us of a beach at a lake. Most of the chairs were old and dirty. The food at the jerk chicken hut was tasty but it is not constantly available and you have to stand in line to guarantee that you will get some. It says that it is available from noon to 4pm and we arrived about ten minutes before noon and waited in line until 12:40 for it to be ready.

We did not enjoy the location of the resort. It was about a 45 minute drive from both Montego Bay and Negril. It was also a several hour drive from any of the more traditional excursions. We knew that this would be the case when we booked the resort but the fact that it was further away from things bothered us more than we thought it would. If you do not plan to leave the resort, this would not be an issue for you.

We were disappointed in the refrigerator in the room we could never get it very cold and we would leave a note with a tip everyday asking for more than 2 Red Stripe Beers because there were 3 of us staying in the room. We would then have to ice down any beverages that we wanted to drink out of the fridge because they just never seemed cold enough.

Our overall impression of the resort is that it is very beautiful and has a lot of positive features. Our room was very nice and the pools, lobby and restaurants were very clean. The entertainment was very fun and there were many options. We met a lot of super fun and friendly guests. We also felt that this resort needs to pay a little more attention to the details. We did not appreciate our room not being ready for guests (tv and fridge needing stocked) and not being the room that we needed for 3 people. We would have liked more lunchtime/afternoon food options. We felt that the staff should be instructed to be more welcoming. We did have a fun week!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!