Just came back from Grand Palladium and I must say it is a very nice resort. I am not like others who usually bash hotels as they compare it to better hotels that are a higher class.
If you are a beach person do not go to this hotel or any others in Lucea or Montego bay as these cities are known for rockier beaches. There are 4 small beaches here but is very relaxing and calm. The furthest beach by the activity rentals there is a restaurant and a bar inside as well as a small jerk hut with drinks next to that.
If the beaches and pool aren't relaxing enough for you then you must go to the Spa! A lot of people don't know that you can just go walk in to the spa and use the hot tubs, pools, sauna's, showers and steam rooms so it is never busy and is relaxing after a long day of sitting by the pool or beach.
The main pool is very LARGE with a nice swim up bar, sometimes it's a longer wait when it gets busy but just be patient and enjoy the sun! There is another bar outside of the pool but right next to it. There is also an adult pool inbetween villas that is a lot smaller but less people. I never found the main pool ever having more then 5 kids in it which was really nice but even if there were more it's so big it doesn't even matter!
The restaurants are all nice and maintained, food is good and sometimes even great! Jamaica has good food, nothing like cuba so no worris about not liking something. I have read reviews where certain wrist bands get to make reservations, I'm guessing it's the red ones and I heard there is white ones but never saw them. I had just a normal junior suite and got a purple one and we had to just go to any restaurants with no reservations needed and all but 1 time we had to wait a good 15minutes but it didn't matter as there was a bar and loungers so it didn't matter. A la carte food is very good. Anytime you suggest a meat though make sure you get them to pull it off before you want it to, ie if you want well done say medium rare as they tend to over cook and becomes a bit dry. I recommened trying the filet mignon as it was just perfect!
Maids are great, we forgot to tip one day and still got a very nicely cleaned room. However if you want your bed sheets changed you must write a note as they don't change them just make the bed. If they ran out of face clothes they always put a big one to replace it.
Entertainment is really good! It kept we watching it as they always have amazing dancers! I have been to another Grand Palladium in Punta Cana and it was always a great show, I think Palladiums are good with picking their entertainment.
There is a Disco, casino and even an arcade area, also a sports bar with pools tables, tv's, fuzzball tables, pingpon table. Really great bar, seems like at home! There are menu's and you have to order from a server which I've never had but that's why it's more like at home. There's a salad bar,nacho's with cheese, pizza and ice cream that you can help yourself too though.
Make sure you bring money to tip, just like any other all inclusive as they really appreciate the tips, if you pay attention on your bus ride there or on tours you will see why.
If you go on any tours, just know that they are usually a long day as most are in ocho rios which is about 2 hours away. Just make sure you ask how long it is incase you don't want to waste a day. If you have never been to jamaica before I would suggest going to the Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, however I did this when I went on my last trip and stayed in Ocho Rios so it was not a long day at all and a lot cheaper. I went on Cool Runnings my last trip which was pretty good as you go on a boat, with open bar, and you go snorkeling while on the way to the falls!
Jamaica is an awesome experience and everyone is so friendly! So if you chose/choose this hotel you will have a great time! Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium LadyHamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 Cabins Suites(adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, getaroom.com, Booking.com, Venere, HotelsClick, BookIt.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea