My husband ,daughter&son-in-law stayed at The Lady Hamilton from 29th January to 13thFebruary.We had a wonderful holiday the weather wasnt brilliant ,had quite a few cloudy & very windy days but it didnt spoil things at all .There is something for everyone ,peace if you want to just lay on your sunbed & read in a quiet spot on one of the beaches ,loud music & entertainment during the day round the pool if you want some fun.We didnt swim in the sea as it was a bit difficult walking in & out due to the sharp rocks & coral on the seabed ,ok if you have appropriate footwear .The pools were cold so we didnt swim as much as we would have liked ,but it wasnt a problem for us at all,just great to relax.As the resort was so big we got plenty of exercise which was a good thing as the food in general was very good ,only complaint was that it was often cold,didnt stop us eating it tho.The various restaurants were ok for a change but we were quite satisfied with the main buffet restaurant.The service was fantastic as good as we received in a Sandals resort in the Bahamas last year.My daughter & i had a couple of massages & facials which were lovely,the spa area is great with its own pool & beds.The men went to Negril to play golf which they thought was expensive.The gym always seemed well used it was quite impressive.
We didnt bother much with the evening entertainment other than in the main bar over looking the pool where there was a steel band or group on most nights,it was great to either just sit & chill & people watch or have a boogie.
The rooms were very big with fabulous bathrooms which have enormous jacuzzi bathtubs.I had read reviews saying that the beds were really hard & uncomfortable,we didnt find this at all ,infact we were very comfortable.
I would definitely recommend this resort & found it much better than the Palladium in Mexico .
Just one last thing you must go to Ricks Cafe you can go by bus from the resort or as we did by taxi (the driver waited for us as we stopped off to do a spot of shopping enroute then he took us to Ricks bar & waited for us until we'd had enough.It was brilliant watching the sun go down drinking cocktails & dancing to live band.The atmosphere was amazing.
Cant wait to go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium LadyHamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 Cabins Suites(adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Otel so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea