First of all, the Hotel and beaches are beautiful. We had a wonderful time there but there were a few problems. The hotel staff was either very friendly or rude. I think much of that is because they are paid so little in Jamaica. All of the staff along the walkways would say hello. The service in some of the restaurants was not very good but that was fine. The food in the buffet was a concern though. We found mold on some of the bread and even on some of the berries on top of the desserts. We booked a double room with two queen beds but were given a single with a King bed and sleeper sofa. I do not want to pay that kind of money for a crappy, uncomfortable sleeper sofa! We made a fuss and finally got a double with two double beds, not queens though! We booked a snorkeling excursion to Negril with Total Water Sports for $99pp. The snorkeling was nice except my friend developed a nasty infection on her lips from unclean snorkels. In addition her telephone was stolen while we had lunch at Margaritaville. She left it in her bag on the catamaran. The captain said it was fine to leave belongings there as they would stay on the boat. When we came back on board after the provided lunch, the phone was gone from her bag. The hotel staff was not very helpful in resolving the problem and was adamant that we not call the police. After a full day of arguing and complaining, Total Water Sports finally offered to pay for the phone. They paid $600 for a $650 phone with a $150 case. I guess that was better than nothing. I paid for the excursion with my credit card ($300) and now I am seeing additional fees charged to my card. I plan to dispute the additional fees with my bank. Of course they said this had never happened before, but locals say it happens all the time. DO NOT LEAVE VALUABLES UNATTENDED!!! No matter what they say.
The hotel is supposed to have access to free snorkeling, windsurfing and other non-motorized sports. The problem is, they all require a cash deposit and there is a 45 min time limit! All of the outdoor bars also close very early. The Poseidon Café by the Sunset Cove closes at 4:30 and doesn't reopen until that evening.
I may go back but my expectations will not be as high and I will bring my own snorkeling gear.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium LadyHamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 Cabins Suites(adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea