Resorts are not generally known for solo traveling but I had an amazing time at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton and I never felt alone. The resort is stunning, with a number of intimate beaches that never felt overcrowded, a huge infinity pool with swim-up bar, and a smaller adult pool.
Service was great: my room key didn't work well and they reprogrammed it without any trouble; everyone was helpful and it never felt like anyone was expecting a tip (though I tried to tip something each time); if you would like a ride to somewhere in the resort (it's rather big), all you have to do is call the bellboys. As you arrive, they welcome you with a drink and you can grab a cool wet towel at the reception area.
Room: Stayed in the honeymoon bungalow facing the ocean and it was fantastic; huge bed, sundeck maybe 50 feet from the beach, hot tub jacuzzi, outdoor shower, walk-in closet with safe. Room was cleaned each time I requested it. It was located right by the larger beach that it faced, as well as the adult Coral Beach and adult pool.
Food was fine, nothing too special. The buffets were great and offered a wide variety for breakfast and lunch. Plenty of restaurants to choose from for dinner; I would recommend Poseidon for seafood and Reggatoni for Italian. Drinks were fabulous and flowing the entire vacation.
I highly recommend a visit to the spa. I had a deep tissue massage while I was there and it was amazing. Plus, it granted me access to the rest of their facilities, including their hot tubs and warm pools, sauna and steam rooms. If you do not purchase a spa service, you can still use the facilities for 10 bucks a day.
Nighttime entertainment: Not great. The shows are amateurish, but there is a disco on the premises, as well as a small casino. I didn't use either. The infinity bar seems to be popular for evening drinks, and they have a live band playing each night. I attended a bonfire party one night, that was pretty fun.
Bring water shoes for the rockier beaches. Bring a large travel mug/tumbler for drinks. Everything in the resort shops is overpriced, so come prepared instead. Take an excursion out of the resort (ziplining was amazing, Rick's Cafe is fun). Free wifi is only available at the lobby, which made it a very popular place at times. If you want wifi elsewhere, you can pay ridiculous prices for it. I found it very relaxing to unplug.
I would definitely come back to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium LadyHamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 Cabins Suites(adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea