“Great Experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Camden, New Jersey, United States
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Overall, our experience was great! The food was spectacular. From Breakfast to Dinner, I could not find a thing I did not like. Here’s a tip: mosey on down to the Sunset Cove Beach during the daytime, and hit up the Jerk Chicken Hut (You’re Welcome ☺). The bartenders and wait staff we ok…like any “All-Inclusive” you will pick your favorites. The POP show at 9:30 every night was a good time.
There were two things in particular I wasn’t very pleased with: 1) Housekeeping was not quite up to par. One day we had to call at 6:30 p.m. to have the room cleaned; and 2) One of the days, the room was cleaned but we were not given fresh towels. I can’t actually call these two incidents “Complaints”, because they were immediately rectified. Also, I wasn’t crazy about the man made beaches on the resort, but the Infinity Pool was sweet. We spent most of our time on the Sunset Cove Beach and would end up In the pool before closing. Also, read further on arranging a day trip to Negril. The 7 Mile beach is majestic.
Tips/Suggestions: 1) Try to get a room with a view (building 26). The front desk will help you anyway they can to put you in the room you want. 2) as far as tipping the staff goes, TIP THEM…its how they survive. They are extremely greatful. What I did was, I went to my bank before the trip and withdrew $100 in one dollar bills. 3) If you’re looking to leave the resort, don’t do the group shuttles. Go with the private car service located on the upper level of the lobby. The driver is at your demand, will be with you at all stops, and acts as a first class tour guide. We went with “Dale”. He took us to Margaretville, in Negril, which was AWESOME! He took us to a local spot to get grilled Lobster fresh out of the water. He took us to Rick’s Café at the end of our day. He was with us every step, and made us feel safe and comfortable; and 4) Learn to say “no” Locals will approach you often, and make you feel uncomfortable and pressured to give them money for this and that. Just say no and move along.
All-in-all, I would recommend this place to friends, and would definitely choose Lady Hamilton again. I hope you find this review helpful. If you want any further info, PM me.
Good Luck!

Room Tip: Building 26, or 38
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share your review based off your recent stay here at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton. We are elated that you have enjoyed your vacation and all that our Resort has to offer. We are grateful for your positive comments about the accommodations, the delicious meals and the competent service received from our staff.

We look forward to your visit in the near future as it was our pleasure hosting you on this visit. Until then, best wishes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (872)
  • Polish first
Crawley, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here from 12-26 Oct 13 which incorporated our 30th wedding anniversary. First impressions were good although even though we had booked 14 months before going, the top floor double bed room we requested was not available! Settled for 1st floor double which was probably better than top floor especially when coming back from the bar at midnight! Other than that check in was quick and we were soon in the room which was huge. Massive bathroom with Jacuzzi, huge super king bed, sitting area and balcony. Air-con ran all the time if we wanted as did the mini bar which is restocked daily and is included. Free room safe in the wardrobe. Room was clean and cool.
Only went to one a la carte which was the steakhouse, special mention to ELMO for his excellent service and constant supply of rum and cokes. The main buffet restaurant had lots of variety for every meal but I must say the food could have been a bit hotter although I suppose this is part of the problem with hotplate buffets in an air conditioned room. My only complaint is that your tea/coffee at breakfast came after you had finished eating. If this is not how you like it then go to the Blue Lagoon for breakfast. Went on various trips out as there's not much to do outside the hotel. DO NOT expect the roads/driving to be the same as in the UK or USA, but DO make the effort to see more than the hotel, and if you have a nagging back pain you wont have by the time you get back to the hotel, believe me. With the help from HYACINTH, our holiday rep we went to Rockland's Bird Sanctuary (there isn't an organised trip so have to arrange it yourself) Stunning feeding hummingbirds and worth the effort but be warned, wear long trousers, socks and shoes or your ankles will get bitten alive!. Also went on a trip to the Black River/YS Falls/Appleton Rum factory. Long day but informative and your rewarded at the rum factory if you get my meaning. Also went to Bob Marley's house/Dunns river falls. Wow what a day out. Bob's a favourite with us and it was a bit emotional at his tomb. Had a rasta shot there, worth the $10 so give it a go. Didn't try the ganga though, yes it is for sale. Dunns river was brilliant. If you don't do anything else in Jamaica you HAVE to do this. Also went to the Croydon in the Mountains plantation. Very informative and a good lunch. Spent the rest of the time in the hotel at the pool or on the beach or in the cool of the room. Adult pool needs more variety of music but that's why we take our ipods. Loads of sunbeds at the main pool in shade or sun. No crowding. Entertainment is there during the day if you want it. Loads of bars in this hotel but our favourite was the Infinity bar. JEAN was a star and the bar staff are entertaining when the live music starts. Thanks to Jean, we never left sober!!!
Also go to Miss Lou's bar for afternoon tea/coffee/cakes etc. STREETE made excellent drinks.
This is a long flight from the UK but worth the effort. Overall the hotel and the trips we took were brilliant and we had a fantastic time.

Room Tip: We were in Villa 38 room 3814. Its probably the quietist as it the furthest away from the evening en...
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We use the Palladium group often and have always had a great holiday, this one is not the same standard as the other Palladiums we have stayed at and is due an overhaul. The food was very good as always and the staff on the whole were excellent. The entertainment was very basic and if you don't like Reggae you've had it. The gardens are well maintained and the staff are very friendly and always ready for a chat. We stayed in Aug/Sept and it rained nearly every day but it did not spoil the holiday. I have only just got round to this review as we had a complaint regarding a very noisy wedding party that spolied the last 4 days of the holiday. I complained to the Reception Staff but nothing was done even though they had received complaints from a lot of familys, in the end we had to ask to be moved just to get some peace. It's difficult to not sound negative but the lack of action from the Management team made me very angry. I will end on a positive note though and say it was a good holiday and I'm sure you will have a good time.

Room Tip: The rooms that are near the adult pool are worth asking for as some have sea views
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Northampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We went to Jamaica in August for my 40th birthday and stayed at the grand palladium, we had the most amazing time, please don't take to much notice people moaning !!!!! The food was absolutely fabulous :) there was always plenty to do if you wanted to get involved. Make sure you visit the dunns waterfalls beautiful.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review based off your recent vacation here at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton. We are elated that your vacation with us was a wonderful one in which you were satisfied and enjoyed all that our Resort has to offer to our valued guests.

We welcome you to visit in the near future for another memorable vacation, nothing short of Grand.

Best Wishes.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Thank you for a awesome vacation! My family and friends were well taken care of. The food was amazing! The entertainment was amazing! The service was amazing! My room was amazing! The service was IRIE! Ya Mon!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear kleighzy,

Thank you for sharing with us your review based off your wonderful vacation spent here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed all that our Resort has to offer and that your expectations were met. We hope that in the future we will be your Resort of choice for another vacation nothing short of Grand!
Brandywine, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Anniversary vacation was nice could have been better. My wife and two small kids arrived October 23 @ 1pm. The receptionist stated that our room was not available until 4 but she would do anything to expedite the process and ask us to return by 2:30pm (G8). So we toured the place and returned at 2:30 and a room was ready. The room was ok except that the spa tub was little dirty, shower door didn’t close all the way and the fridge was empty (room 3508). This didn’t bother me as much as most folks I understood the lady wanted to get us in a room for we had two minor children with us …. These items can be address the next day. NEXT DAY … Wife had finish breast feeding my son on the bed and then we left for breakfast, when we returned there were ANTs all over the bed. So I ask for a room change and was granted one. Move to new room (much better room 3513) but the tub was still dirty and there was an ANT problem there too but not as bad. I didn’t let that bother us and we still maintain having a good time. I reminded the front desk that it was our anniversary and nothing was done. They sent up a plate of pastries a day later. Remind you I emphasized this when I purchased the trip months ago and signed for it at the front desk but they still forgot. The family STILL not bothered because all was doing well enjoying time with family.

Service was better than average for me because I have two cute kids and everyone knew their names so we were treated little better.
The facility was nice but does have an ant infestation; I still have my luggage in the garage ensuring no unwelcome visitors enter my home.
Food was good …no complaint there
Please read reviews before going, there was a gentlemen from Upper Marlboro Maryland that gave great advice before going and I listen and that’s my trip was not a disaster. Save your money and take cab excursions that was much more fun for us.

Entertainment was NICE

REMEMBER you are in Jamaica and this is a 4 STAR spot there, for those Americans it’s like a 2.5 star spot all depending what you are use too. If you’re not sure Google 4 star spots in our neighborhood to compare.

Room Tip: Refrigerator is not cold so remember to use ice and bucket if you want cold beers. Bring bug/ and re...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here from 02/10/2013 until the 23/10/2013 21 night in all with 26 guest fro the Bristol area in the uk.
my self and husband planned this wedding for a year 7 choose the lady Hamilton to get married on the 11/102013 for a beach wedding. and what a wedding it was every time I think about my day I smile and get butterflies :0) I had a massage in the spa on the morning then whisked off to a hairdressers in lucea to do hair and pedicure. back to the hotel 2.30pm for shower to get into the dress whilst make up and champagne was being absorbed for my nerves with the 3 brides maids and matron of honour lol. the sun shone bright and hot for the 4pm ceremony, my wedding planner nakeshia & her team did me & my husband proud . private cocktail party in the infinity bar upstairs with music buffet food which we selected was fantastic & then a 5 course meal in the lotus restaurant where the top table was laid out and the table for the cake to be cut the setting was beautiful & the cake tasted beautiful weighed about 30lbs in weight but wicked. we wanted chocolate on top and traditional Jamaican on the bottom. celebrated well into the night only to return to our room with petals and Jacuzzi set with petals scattered and chilled bottle of champagne with fruits. the staff in the infinity bar and the entertainment with the singers are fantastic the bar staff joy, Michael, senaka , uncle fester the black vision the whole team respect Audrey bar lady my the coral bar she was like a sister to me. Lloyd from the front door junta taxis took us where we all need to go for a good price better to do private for Dunns falls and Negril took us all to maypen in clarendon which is a 3 hour journey for 4000.00 Jamaican dollars each return. If you follow the bad reviews I wonder if the same people stay at the same place it was paradise. The food was 100% the only restaurant I would not rate is Jamaican creole not good jerk chicken hut wicked even thou we had no children with us Sunshine the childrens nanny love u girl see you next year if you are there. Free wifi in the reception was good also we travel with first choice our rep hyacinth you are one special lady thank you for all your help. I could go on and on but you get the idea of things thank you all for making our stay special nearly forgot you can drink as much champagne as you like its free result for me whoop

Room Tip: we stayed in 3291 I think had 2 rooms cause we were moved into the honey moon suit some of the party...
Dear NicolaH2006,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review based off your stay here at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton. Congratulations on your marriage and we are elated that your special day was a memorable one. We are elated that you enjoyed all that our property has to offer and that your expectations were met.

It was our pleasure hosting you and we welcome you to visit again in the near future. Please feel free to contact us if there is anything that we can do from this end. Until your next stay, best wishes from our Palladium Family.

Been to Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!