“Holiday for 30th wedding anniversary” 4 of 5 stars

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lucea 8800, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Lucea
Crawley, UK
“Holiday for 30th wedding anniversary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here from 12-26 Oct 13 which incorporated our 30th wedding anniversary. First impressions were good although even though we had booked 14 months before going, the top floor double bed room we requested was not available! Settled for 1st floor double which was probably better than top floor especially when coming back from the bar at midnight! Other than that check in was quick and we were soon in the room which was huge. Massive bathroom with Jacuzzi, huge super king bed, sitting area and balcony. Air-con ran all the time if we wanted as did the mini bar which is restocked daily and is included. Free room safe in the wardrobe. Room was clean and cool.
Only went to one a la carte which was the steakhouse, special mention to ELMO for his excellent service and constant supply of rum and cokes. The main buffet restaurant had lots of variety for every meal but I must say the food could have been a bit hotter although I suppose this is part of the problem with hotplate buffets in an air conditioned room. My only complaint is that your tea/coffee at breakfast came after you had finished eating. If this is not how you like it then go to the Blue Lagoon for breakfast. Went on various trips out as there's not much to do outside the hotel. DO NOT expect the roads/driving to be the same as in the UK or USA, but DO make the effort to see more than the hotel, and if you have a nagging back pain you wont have by the time you get back to the hotel, believe me. With the help from HYACINTH, our holiday rep we went to Rockland's Bird Sanctuary (there isn't an organised trip so have to arrange it yourself) Stunning feeding hummingbirds and worth the effort but be warned, wear long trousers, socks and shoes or your ankles will get bitten alive!. Also went on a trip to the Black River/YS Falls/Appleton Rum factory. Long day but informative and your rewarded at the rum factory if you get my meaning. Also went to Bob Marley's house/Dunns river falls. Wow what a day out. Bob's a favourite with us and it was a bit emotional at his tomb. Had a rasta shot there, worth the $10 so give it a go. Didn't try the ganga though, yes it is for sale. Dunns river was brilliant. If you don't do anything else in Jamaica you HAVE to do this. Also went to the Croydon in the Mountains plantation. Very informative and a good lunch. Spent the rest of the time in the hotel at the pool or on the beach or in the cool of the room. Adult pool needs more variety of music but that's why we take our ipods. Loads of sunbeds at the main pool in shade or sun. No crowding. Entertainment is there during the day if you want it. Loads of bars in this hotel but our favourite was the Infinity bar. JEAN was a star and the bar staff are entertaining when the live music starts. Thanks to Jean, we never left sober!!!
Also go to Miss Lou's bar for afternoon tea/coffee/cakes etc. STREETE made excellent drinks.
This is a long flight from the UK but worth the effort. Overall the hotel and the trips we took were brilliant and we had a fantastic time.

Room Tip: We were in Villa 38 room 3814. Its probably the quietist as it the furthest away from the evening en...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

2,872 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (755)
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We use the Palladium group often and have always had a great holiday, this one is not the same standard as the other Palladiums we have stayed at and is due an overhaul. The food was very good as always and the staff on the whole were excellent. The entertainment was very basic and if you don't like Reggae you've had it. The gardens are well maintained and the staff are very friendly and always ready for a chat. We stayed in Aug/Sept and it rained nearly every day but it did not spoil the holiday. I have only just got round to this review as we had a complaint regarding a very noisy wedding party that spolied the last 4 days of the holiday. I complained to the Reception Staff but nothing was done even though they had received complaints from a lot of familys, in the end we had to ask to be moved just to get some peace. It's difficult to not sound negative but the lack of action from the Management team made me very angry. I will end on a positive note though and say it was a good holiday and I'm sure you will have a good time.

Room Tip: The rooms that are near the adult pool are worth asking for as some have sea views
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Northampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We went to Jamaica in August for my 40th birthday and stayed at the grand palladium, we had the most amazing time, please don't take to much notice people moaning !!!!! The food was absolutely fabulous :) there was always plenty to do if you wanted to get involved. Make sure you visit the dunns waterfalls beautiful.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review based off your recent vacation here at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton. We are elated that your vacation with us was a wonderful one in which you were satisfied and enjoyed all that our Resort has to offer to our valued guests.

We welcome you to visit in the near future for another memorable vacation, nothing short of Grand.

Best Wishes.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Thank you for a awesome vacation! My family and friends were well taken care of. The food was amazing! The entertainment was amazing! The service was amazing! My room was amazing! The service was IRIE! Ya Mon!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear kleighzy,

Thank you for sharing with us your review based off your wonderful vacation spent here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed all that our Resort has to offer and that your expectations were met. We hope that in the future we will be your Resort of choice for another vacation nothing short of Grand!
Brandywine, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Anniversary vacation was nice could have been better. My wife and two small kids arrived October 23 @ 1pm. The receptionist stated that our room was not available until 4 but she would do anything to expedite the process and ask us to return by 2:30pm (G8). So we toured the place and returned at 2:30 and a room was ready. The room was ok except that the spa tub was little dirty, shower door didn’t close all the way and the fridge was empty (room 3508). This didn’t bother me as much as most folks I understood the lady wanted to get us in a room for we had two minor children with us …. These items can be address the next day. NEXT DAY … Wife had finish breast feeding my son on the bed and then we left for breakfast, when we returned there were ANTs all over the bed. So I ask for a room change and was granted one. Move to new room (much better room 3513) but the tub was still dirty and there was an ANT problem there too but not as bad. I didn’t let that bother us and we still maintain having a good time. I reminded the front desk that it was our anniversary and nothing was done. They sent up a plate of pastries a day later. Remind you I emphasized this when I purchased the trip months ago and signed for it at the front desk but they still forgot. The family STILL not bothered because all was doing well enjoying time with family.

Service was better than average for me because I have two cute kids and everyone knew their names so we were treated little better.
The facility was nice but does have an ant infestation; I still have my luggage in the garage ensuring no unwelcome visitors enter my home.
Food was good …no complaint there
Please read reviews before going, there was a gentlemen from Upper Marlboro Maryland that gave great advice before going and I listen and that’s my trip was not a disaster. Save your money and take cab excursions that was much more fun for us.

Entertainment was NICE

REMEMBER you are in Jamaica and this is a 4 STAR spot there, for those Americans it’s like a 2.5 star spot all depending what you are use too. If you’re not sure Google 4 star spots in our neighborhood to compare.

Room Tip: Refrigerator is not cold so remember to use ice and bucket if you want cold beers. Bring bug/ and re...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here from 02/10/2013 until the 23/10/2013 21 night in all with 26 guest fro the Bristol area in the uk.
my self and husband planned this wedding for a year 7 choose the lady Hamilton to get married on the 11/102013 for a beach wedding. and what a wedding it was every time I think about my day I smile and get butterflies :0) I had a massage in the spa on the morning then whisked off to a hairdressers in lucea to do hair and pedicure. back to the hotel 2.30pm for shower to get into the dress whilst make up and champagne was being absorbed for my nerves with the 3 brides maids and matron of honour lol. the sun shone bright and hot for the 4pm ceremony, my wedding planner nakeshia & her team did me & my husband proud . private cocktail party in the infinity bar upstairs with music buffet food which we selected was fantastic & then a 5 course meal in the lotus restaurant where the top table was laid out and the table for the cake to be cut the setting was beautiful & the cake tasted beautiful weighed about 30lbs in weight but wicked. we wanted chocolate on top and traditional Jamaican on the bottom. celebrated well into the night only to return to our room with petals and Jacuzzi set with petals scattered and chilled bottle of champagne with fruits. the staff in the infinity bar and the entertainment with the singers are fantastic the bar staff joy, Michael, senaka , uncle fester the black vision the whole team respect Audrey bar lady my the coral bar she was like a sister to me. Lloyd from the front door junta taxis took us where we all need to go for a good price better to do private for Dunns falls and Negril took us all to maypen in clarendon which is a 3 hour journey for 4000.00 Jamaican dollars each return. If you follow the bad reviews I wonder if the same people stay at the same place it was paradise. The food was 100% the only restaurant I would not rate is Jamaican creole not good jerk chicken hut wicked even thou we had no children with us Sunshine the childrens nanny love u girl see you next year if you are there. Free wifi in the reception was good also we travel with first choice our rep hyacinth you are one special lady thank you for all your help. I could go on and on but you get the idea of things thank you all for making our stay special nearly forgot you can drink as much champagne as you like its free result for me whoop

Room Tip: we stayed in 3291 I think had 2 rooms cause we were moved into the honey moon suit some of the party...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear NicolaH2006,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review based off your stay here at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton. Congratulations on your marriage and we are elated that your special day was a memorable one. We are elated that you enjoyed all that our property has to offer and that your expectations were met.

It was our pleasure hosting you and we welcome you to visit again in the near future. Please feel free to contact us if there is anything that we can do from this end. Until your next stay, best wishes from our Palladium Family.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

First off, as usual, a vacation is what you and your family make of it.

Every time we go on a trip, I sit here and read hundreds of review (mainly for tips and positives). To be honest, I was worried about going to the GPLH resort based on all these negative reviews about the staff being rude and lazy and the place looking dirty etc. Oh my word - None of this is true AT ALL. I'll break down our vacation and share my thoughts on various things.

Travel Date: Oct 20-27 : After reading reviews of people staying at the resort and spending their whole week in doors I was worried and kept checking the weather report - We landed and the whole week was filled with BEAUTIFUL weather. It rained late in the night most nights (I think) but in the morning it was sunny skies.

Kids: I travelled with my wife and three girls (5, almost 2, and 4 months). I'll be honest, the flight there and back were crazy to say the least with three little kids - but all that melted away once we arrived at our resort (and once we return back inside our house). Ground floor room is a MUST if you have more than one kid OR if you have a stroller. It seems like a good idea to get a room with a great view on level three and think you will carry the stroller down but you wont believe that number of times your family is in and out of the room in a day.

Rooms: We requested building 26. What a good move. This is the closest to the lobby, pool, sports bar, dinning areas and entertainment theatre. The room we booked faced the Infinity pool and had a partial ocean view. The terrace gave us easy back-door access to the pool. The room was VERY CLEAN. Maids came every day and cleaned our mess perfectly. Beverages were replenished daily - water, pop, and beer (if you drink beer).

Food: Food was excellent. Buffet restaurants were good. Better than others that only cater to the westerners. There was choice of local Jamaican food like Ackee and Salt-fish, Jerk Chicken, Jerk Fish, etc. The A La Carte restaurants, even though advertised as air conditioned are HOT so bring a fan and a short sleeved shirt. Bubba's steak house was probably my favourite although the Aisian (Lotus) was a close second (note on that below re. Staff).

Staff: My goodness, never seen so many people say "ya mon" in my life. The staff was always helpful. You don't need to have a huge smile on your face 24/7 to be helpful. So to all those people who complained about the staff...it's NOT THEM, IT'S YOU. We went to the Lotus restaurant and my second girl was basically falling asleep and we could not wake her up to eat. The server (IONEE) looked at us and immediate brought two chairs, put them together, placed a cloth on the make-shift bed and laid our girl on it. She slept there the whole time. Honestly, that was such a nice gesture for someone to do and we really appreciated it. There are NO LAZY STAFF AT ALL. Every day I see people cleaning and cleaning and cleaning (outside and in). We met a gardener (ANTHONY) who kept bringing out coconuts and cutting them up for my family to drink. What a nice guy. The JERK HUT...wow. The jerk chicken and sauce is AMAZING...the PAELLA is amazing. We ate there almost every day, even when we had plans for lunch...it was that good. IT'S A MUST DO.

Beach: The beach by the Infinity pool was nice, but yes, man-made. Nothing special, but looks amazing nonetheless. We spent most of our time at the Coral Beach by the Jerk Hut. You swim a few meters out and you can see the most beautiful tropical fish, coral and sea urchins. The water is beautiful and mixture or warm and cool.

I think this is one of the best all-inclusive resorts we've been to. The reason being it had everything and a good variety that you didn't get bored staying a week. The Jerk Hut and Coral Beach were about a 5 minute was under shaded structure and it gave us a good variety in terms of facilities located on one property.

I would recommend this resort to everyone. It's also only about 35 minutes from Sangster Airport.

The CORNMEAL porridge is stellar. The regular OATMEAL is delish. The Jamican patties at the sports bar...wow. The traditional Bammies (with some honey)...amazing.

Room Tip: Ground floor with kids is a must. Super convenient. Ocean view would be great.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Chericals,

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent vacation here with us. We appreciate your positive comments and we are pleased to read about the wonderful time and experiences that you have had.

As a 5 Star Resort we pride ourselves in the level of service which we provide to our guests. It is important that our guests have a grand vacation and it is great knowing that you enjoyed all that we have to offer.

It was our pleasure hosting you and we welcome you to visit again in the near future for another vacation nothing short of Grand!

Been to Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!