“Life Changing!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lucea 8800, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Lucea
“Life Changing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Thank you for a awesome vacation! My family and friends were well taken care of. The food was amazing! The entertainment was amazing! The service was amazing! My room was amazing! The service was IRIE! Ya Mon!

• Stayed October 2013
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear kleighzy,

Thank you for sharing with us your review based off your wonderful vacation spent here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed all that our Resort has to offer and that your expectations were met. We hope that in the future we will be your Resort of choice for another vacation nothing short of Grand!

2,872 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (755)
  • Polish first
Brandywine, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Anniversary vacation was nice could have been better. My wife and two small kids arrived October 23 @ 1pm. The receptionist stated that our room was not available until 4 but she would do anything to expedite the process and ask us to return by 2:30pm (G8). So we toured the place and returned at 2:30 and a room was ready. The room was ok except that the spa tub was little dirty, shower door didn’t close all the way and the fridge was empty (room 3508). This didn’t bother me as much as most folks I understood the lady wanted to get us in a room for we had two minor children with us …. These items can be address the next day. NEXT DAY … Wife had finish breast feeding my son on the bed and then we left for breakfast, when we returned there were ANTs all over the bed. So I ask for a room change and was granted one. Move to new room (much better room 3513) but the tub was still dirty and there was an ANT problem there too but not as bad. I didn’t let that bother us and we still maintain having a good time. I reminded the front desk that it was our anniversary and nothing was done. They sent up a plate of pastries a day later. Remind you I emphasized this when I purchased the trip months ago and signed for it at the front desk but they still forgot. The family STILL not bothered because all was doing well enjoying time with family.

Service was better than average for me because I have two cute kids and everyone knew their names so we were treated little better.
The facility was nice but does have an ant infestation; I still have my luggage in the garage ensuring no unwelcome visitors enter my home.
Food was good …no complaint there
Please read reviews before going, there was a gentlemen from Upper Marlboro Maryland that gave great advice before going and I listen and that’s my trip was not a disaster. Save your money and take cab excursions that was much more fun for us.

Entertainment was NICE

REMEMBER you are in Jamaica and this is a 4 STAR spot there, for those Americans it’s like a 2.5 star spot all depending what you are use too. If you’re not sure Google 4 star spots in our neighborhood to compare.

Room Tip: Refrigerator is not cold so remember to use ice and bucket if you want cold beers. Bring bug/ and re...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here from 02/10/2013 until the 23/10/2013 21 night in all with 26 guest fro the Bristol area in the uk.
my self and husband planned this wedding for a year 7 choose the lady Hamilton to get married on the 11/102013 for a beach wedding. and what a wedding it was every time I think about my day I smile and get butterflies :0) I had a massage in the spa on the morning then whisked off to a hairdressers in lucea to do hair and pedicure. back to the hotel 2.30pm for shower to get into the dress whilst make up and champagne was being absorbed for my nerves with the 3 brides maids and matron of honour lol. the sun shone bright and hot for the 4pm ceremony, my wedding planner nakeshia & her team did me & my husband proud . private cocktail party in the infinity bar upstairs with music buffet food which we selected was fantastic & then a 5 course meal in the lotus restaurant where the top table was laid out and the table for the cake to be cut the setting was beautiful & the cake tasted beautiful weighed about 30lbs in weight but wicked. we wanted chocolate on top and traditional Jamaican on the bottom. celebrated well into the night only to return to our room with petals and Jacuzzi set with petals scattered and chilled bottle of champagne with fruits. the staff in the infinity bar and the entertainment with the singers are fantastic the bar staff joy, Michael, senaka , uncle fester the black vision the whole team respect Audrey bar lady my the coral bar she was like a sister to me. Lloyd from the front door junta taxis took us where we all need to go for a good price better to do private for Dunns falls and Negril took us all to maypen in clarendon which is a 3 hour journey for 4000.00 Jamaican dollars each return. If you follow the bad reviews I wonder if the same people stay at the same place it was paradise. The food was 100% the only restaurant I would not rate is Jamaican creole not good jerk chicken hut wicked even thou we had no children with us Sunshine the childrens nanny love u girl see you next year if you are there. Free wifi in the reception was good also we travel with first choice our rep hyacinth you are one special lady thank you for all your help. I could go on and on but you get the idea of things thank you all for making our stay special nearly forgot you can drink as much champagne as you like its free result for me whoop

Room Tip: we stayed in 3291 I think had 2 rooms cause we were moved into the honey moon suit some of the party...
Dear NicolaH2006,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review based off your stay here at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton. Congratulations on your marriage and we are elated that your special day was a memorable one. We are elated that you enjoyed all that our property has to offer and that your expectations were met.

It was our pleasure hosting you and we welcome you to visit again in the near future. Please feel free to contact us if there is anything that we can do from this end. Until your next stay, best wishes from our Palladium Family.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

First off, as usual, a vacation is what you and your family make of it.

Every time we go on a trip, I sit here and read hundreds of review (mainly for tips and positives). To be honest, I was worried about going to the GPLH resort based on all these negative reviews about the staff being rude and lazy and the place looking dirty etc. Oh my word - None of this is true AT ALL. I'll break down our vacation and share my thoughts on various things.

Travel Date: Oct 20-27 : After reading reviews of people staying at the resort and spending their whole week in doors I was worried and kept checking the weather report - We landed and the whole week was filled with BEAUTIFUL weather. It rained late in the night most nights (I think) but in the morning it was sunny skies.

Kids: I travelled with my wife and three girls (5, almost 2, and 4 months). I'll be honest, the flight there and back were crazy to say the least with three little kids - but all that melted away once we arrived at our resort (and once we return back inside our house). Ground floor room is a MUST if you have more than one kid OR if you have a stroller. It seems like a good idea to get a room with a great view on level three and think you will carry the stroller down but you wont believe that number of times your family is in and out of the room in a day.

Rooms: We requested building 26. What a good move. This is the closest to the lobby, pool, sports bar, dinning areas and entertainment theatre. The room we booked faced the Infinity pool and had a partial ocean view. The terrace gave us easy back-door access to the pool. The room was VERY CLEAN. Maids came every day and cleaned our mess perfectly. Beverages were replenished daily - water, pop, and beer (if you drink beer).

Food: Food was excellent. Buffet restaurants were good. Better than others that only cater to the westerners. There was choice of local Jamaican food like Ackee and Salt-fish, Jerk Chicken, Jerk Fish, etc. The A La Carte restaurants, even though advertised as air conditioned are HOT so bring a fan and a short sleeved shirt. Bubba's steak house was probably my favourite although the Aisian (Lotus) was a close second (note on that below re. Staff).

Staff: My goodness, never seen so many people say "ya mon" in my life. The staff was always helpful. You don't need to have a huge smile on your face 24/7 to be helpful. So to all those people who complained about the staff...it's NOT THEM, IT'S YOU. We went to the Lotus restaurant and my second girl was basically falling asleep and we could not wake her up to eat. The server (IONEE) looked at us and immediate brought two chairs, put them together, placed a cloth on the make-shift bed and laid our girl on it. She slept there the whole time. Honestly, that was such a nice gesture for someone to do and we really appreciated it. There are NO LAZY STAFF AT ALL. Every day I see people cleaning and cleaning and cleaning (outside and in). We met a gardener (ANTHONY) who kept bringing out coconuts and cutting them up for my family to drink. What a nice guy. The JERK HUT...wow. The jerk chicken and sauce is AMAZING...the PAELLA is amazing. We ate there almost every day, even when we had plans for lunch...it was that good. IT'S A MUST DO.

Beach: The beach by the Infinity pool was nice, but yes, man-made. Nothing special, but looks amazing nonetheless. We spent most of our time at the Coral Beach by the Jerk Hut. You swim a few meters out and you can see the most beautiful tropical fish, coral and sea urchins. The water is beautiful and mixture or warm and cool.

I think this is one of the best all-inclusive resorts we've been to. The reason being it had everything and a good variety that you didn't get bored staying a week. The Jerk Hut and Coral Beach were about a 5 minute was under shaded structure and it gave us a good variety in terms of facilities located on one property.

I would recommend this resort to everyone. It's also only about 35 minutes from Sangster Airport.

The CORNMEAL porridge is stellar. The regular OATMEAL is delish. The Jamican patties at the sports bar...wow. The traditional Bammies (with some honey)...amazing.

Room Tip: Ground floor with kids is a must. Super convenient. Ocean view would be great.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Chericals,

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent vacation here with us. We appreciate your positive comments and we are pleased to read about the wonderful time and experiences that you have had.

As a 5 Star Resort we pride ourselves in the level of service which we provide to our guests. It is important that our guests have a grand vacation and it is great knowing that you enjoyed all that we have to offer.

It was our pleasure hosting you and we welcome you to visit again in the near future for another vacation nothing short of Grand!
wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

First of all I have to admit that I was quite worried before my holiday to this hotel at the beginning of October because of some of the negative reviews that I read but I certainly should not have been. We booked a private transfer from the airport and the taxi driver was very friendly and informative about the surrounding area. When we did book in we were shown to a room but I was not happy with it and we paid extra money to have a bungalow which was lovely and well worth the money for our two week stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful, everyone from bar staff to gardeners were very polite, especially Sydney the maintenance man who had to help us on numerous occasions to operate the card for the lights. We did not have any trouble eating at any of the restaurants, obviously if you wanted a particular one it was best to arrange to eat early but we never worried because the main restaurant had a large selection of everything. Our favourite bar was Miss Lou's where we were always well received by Amoy and Streete who served us on numerous occasions. I read one review which said that the Lady was looking tired and I must admit that some areas were a little like this but saying that decorating work was being carried out the whole time we were there, in fact on our last day we ate at a newly refurbished main restaurant. The main pool was so large that if you wanted to be away from others there was always an area to sit and I loved the seats in the pool. I particularly like the beach area outside our bungalow and the water was so warm it was like stepping into a warm bath. All in all my husband and I really enjoyed our stay and are hoping (money permitting and if we are able to get a good deal) to visit again around March/April 2014. Jan. Wales

Room Tip: Ask for a room with sea or pool view, top floor of bungalows are wonderful.
Dear Jeanette I,

Thank you for sharing your review based off your last vacation experience here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed all that our Resort has to offer, from the luxurious accommodations to the delicious meals which were had. We welcome your return in the future as it was our pleasure hosting you on your last stay. Until then, best wishes from our Palladium Family!
Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel oct 19th - 26th with first choice.
It is rated by them as a 5* premier. Having had the fortune to stay in lots of 5* hotels in the world, I would rate this as a 4* at best.
There are lots of things at this hotel that make it such fun, but then lots of simple things that they miss which begin to annoy you.
Firstly the check in; we arrived on heroes weekend- a national holiday for the Jamaicans - 800 people arriving that day - check in took 1/2 an hour which was understandable but there was no organisation whatsoever , which after a 10hr flight, 1 hr immigration queue & 1 hr flight,you have little patience. The Jamaican way is laid back, so we stuck with it & upgraded our room to a 1 bedroom suite at a cost of $30 per night and well worth it IMO. We were shown to our rooms very quickly and it was large & very clean - result! Maid service was excellent , mini bar always replenished & lots of fresh towels.
We toured the grounds which are vast - apparently the largest hotel on the island- and very well kept gardens.
The main pool was huge with a fab pool bar in the middle & additional bar either side - even though packed there were plenty of sun beds & staff were quick to get drinks. The jewel in this hotels crown are their staff! We found them to be super friendly & always hello, how are you? Amongst them, the entertainment staff were fab with our little boy, Harry - inc Princess, Sunshine, Happy, Triple x & N Tune. Always something to keep you busy, volleyball on the beach, in the pool, party games , bingo etc
If you want to be involved great, if not, then relax & watch - however the main pool gets very loud, music over the loudspeakers & the staff talking over the microphone detailing the itinerary. This was fine for us but would imagine tedious for others. As it was heroes weekend there was a pool party 12-2 on the Saturday, this is generally held on the last sat of the month & boy was it mad!!!! Everyone in the pool, dancing, twerking etc health & safety went out the window, people dancing on the bar, on the walls,hanging off balconies but great fun.
The a la carte restaurants are not worth the wait IMO , we tried the Mexican,Italian Indian & steak house. The Mexican ok, Italian ok, steak is steak, & Indian well um ok. The vindaloo could have been fed to a toddler, there were no spices in the dish whatsoever, the waiter explained that they cater to American tastes & if we wanted it spicy we should have said. The Mexican offered no spice/ taste either & no jalapeños with the nachos as the waiter, Nicardo, said they were not available, even though downstairs in the buffet there were large bowls of them with the salad.
We then chose to eat our remaining meals in the buffet, a good choice of salads, freshly made pasta dishes, staple burgers chicken fries, Jamaican dishes , vegetables fish & meats. There is an additional wine list available with some beautiful wines to try at an additional cost. However, these wines are kept in one place away from the restaurants & one guy - Jermaine- services all of them. If you decide to order, then expect to wait 15mins for it to arrive. So you end up not starting your meal until you get the wine & sitting waiting. IMO no reason why they can't keep a selection of wine in each restaurant to provide a faster service & increase revenue for the hotel. There are no reservations at any restaurants, just turn up & wait. This suits me fine but I was annoyed at waiting for 1/2 hr & then someone would walk in & say they had reserved over the phone???? If you have a rule, then stick to it. Again IMO it would be much better to run these restaurants as separate businesses so that each one has a vested interest in Improving their service & their food. Don't get me wrong, you won't starve, but don't expect a top quality dining experience. The breakfast was best for food but worst for service. You would need to wait to be seated and we would would often wait for sometime with 90% restaurant empty as the staff at front of house would just turn and stare at empty tables - if you can imagine turning up at a car park which is empty and you have so much choice in where to park, you can't make a decision - this was her dilemma lol
When finally seated you would be offered water, tea or coffee but then never see it; there were never any teaspoons unless you asked. The first few days you think , Ok this is the Jamaican way, but towards the end of your holiday it starts winding you up waiting till you've finished breakfast before you get a hot drink, then when you do - if you are the lucky few - then wait for a spoon, then sugar & you just give up. The waiters that offer you drinks, then start a napkin folding group in the corner !!
The jerk hut chicken was good, always moist & tasty sauce.
The main pool had a few issues, and could do with a good clean, people smoke & drink in the pool, so towards the end of the day, there would be glasses ,straws , cigarette ends floating around & often the next morning cups towels & litter from the day before would still be there.
The beach is very rocky but the views are stunning. My husband visited the watersports to sail on a few occasions all inc & had a great time.
There are a few shops on site and we found them to be excellent value.
All in all we enjoyed it as we had paid good money & I won't allow anything to spoil my precious family time but would I go again?? No
We spoke to a few of the staff and the hotel has now been open for 5 years and in need of a bit of tlc. At no point during the holiday did we ever see any visible signs of management, not a good thing.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
FiestaJamaica, Food & Beverage at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear babyharry5,

We appreciate the time which you have taken to share your vacation experience while at our beautiful Resort. It is fantastic that you have enjoyed your overall stay. We appreciate your feedback as it will better assist us in improving the present product that we have.

Unfortunately, you arrived on a extremely busy day and everything took a little bit longer than usual. We try to accommodate everyone as quick as possible.

We are grateful for your positive comments about our staff. Our team is hard working and besides providing excellent service, they are the friendliest set of people that you will come across.

We welcome you to visit again in the future and it was our pleasure hosting you. Please do not hesitate in contacting us if there is anything that we can assist with from this end.

Best wishes.

Victor Caride
Food & Beverage
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We just came back October 26th from a 7 nights stay. We had a great vacation. It was for us a last minute trip but the selection came down to a few resorts in Jamaica and Dominican Republic.

I would resume my review in 2 categories being the positives and negatives comments. I know that that the management of the hotel will read that review and it s okay. Just make sure you guys make the appropriate actions to correct things

positive:

Staff: just wow. they are just incredible. We were there on a Jamaican holiday, the hotel was full and still, they manage to accommodate everyone with a smile
Food-buffet: Just delicious.
restaurants: Usually, I do avoid "restaurant à la carte" but there, I manage to go to 5 of them and, yes, all delicious.

Details: sunset is amazing. just get there in time

Negative:

The installations: Let get this straight right away, this is not a 5 stars hotel, even if they claim it. I would give it a 4 stars max. Why?

1- I heard that this hotel was build 6 years ago. It looks like a 15 year hotel. It s not well maintained. Broken steps, broken light fixtures, moisture on the outside structure...

Just a tip for maintenance staff: you don't have to wait until the batteries for the door lock goes down to replace them. If so, you get staff people that will reprogram room card 3 times before they realise that batteries are the cause and avoid frustrated guest

2- Cleanliness: They have to get things straight right away with that also. All of the guest we ve met all agreed, it sucks. And I mean inside the rooms and outside.

Beaches: We know that it was not the strength of this resort and we were okay with that. We spent almost our time at the adult area and it was ok. Our main concern was the fact that you could not get a flat area to put your chair.

Details: check out in painful. It looks like a back to the future in 1970. They made the bus leave to the airport 20 minutes late cause of that.

Over all, we had a great time, wine is okay (compare to DR and Cuba), staff is great and entertainment is fun.

I would go back to Jamaica..........but not in a Grand palladium. Iberostar and Riu before a GP, if you re willing to pay the extra

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We welcome the feedback of our guests as it will better assist us to improve the present product that we have. We must apologize for any inconvenience experienced from any of your outlined points. We can assure you that corrective action will be taken to prevent these from recurring.

We are pleased to know that you still enjoyed the overall vacation experience at our Resort and we would love to host you again in the near future for you to experience all the improvements that will be made. Until then, best wishes from our Palladium family.

Been to Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!