My son my mum and myself stayed at this resort from 21st June to the 5th July. We travelled with First Choice. We flew premium class with Thomson. The flight left on time and the service from the cabin crew was excellent.(both ways in fact!). We had a taxi transfer from the airport to the hotel. I knew it was going to be a large resort from reading previous reviews but when I first saw the hotel it looked huge! I wondered how my mum who is nearly 80 years young would cope.
I'd e mailed and asked for a room close to all the amenities and that's what we got. We were in villa 28. We had a lovely sea view as well.
The first couple of days, I have to admit that I felt disorientated.i couldn't work out from the map how to get to restaurants,etc.but after a while We all found our bearings.
The food at this resort is excellent. We have visited many Carribean resorts and we all agreed that the quality of the food and the dinning options offered at the Lady Hamilton were top of our list. We visited all the speciality restaurants ,some three times! We all had our favourites. Mine was the Jamaican. Not only because the food was good but also because the service was exceptional.We ate breakfast/lunch at the Blue Lagoon poolside restaurant which was smaller than the two large buffet restaurants.
The swimming pool bowled us over. It's huge and never seemed to get full. There was always plenty of room to swim. Sun beds were also always available .
We hired a taxi via our rep. Hyacinth. Clover our driver took us to Negril, then to shop and rounded off the day at Rick's cafe. A great way to see part of the island. Negril has a fab beach. This did make me realise that for me this was sadly lacking at the Lady Hamilton. The beaches are man made and did not encourage me to sit out on them. Still as I said, the pool was beautiful!
The Lady Hamilton is a 5 star resort so I was somewhat disappointed to discover that there was no room service. No waiter service at the pool/beach. Not an issue but I've just come to associate these services with good 4 star Carribean hotels so I just assumed a 5 start would have them.
The rooms were clean and spacious. Our maid Sophia was great. She works so hard and like so many other employees at the hotel take great pride in the work and are very loyal to their employers. There has to be a downside though and as a manager myself, there were some employees working at the hotel that I would never have employed! I also couldn't get the hang of the tipping game. Usually I will tip employees at the end of my stay who I felt had gone the extra mile. At this hotel,tips were expected for everything. I even saw a guest tip the lady who makes the omelettes at breakfast. Why? Did you get a better omelette if you tipped her a dollar? I stuck to my plan and tipped the waiters/bar persons who we all agreed really deserved our hard earned cash at the end of our stay.
Would we go back? Probably not as the hotel itself was too big and not personal enough for us. Having said that, I would recommend the hotel to others who would not be too bothered by its vastness/nosiness!
The three of us had a great holiday. Thank you to all the staff who helped make it memorable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium LadyHamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 Cabins Suites(adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia and Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea