“Waiter with a BAD attitude” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Www.visitlamanzanilla.com/cafe-de-Flores.html
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Waiter with a BAD attitude”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

While not usually shocked by the behavior of waiters, this one had them all beat. I asked for mineral water, with pineapple juice, and rum. All separate, what do I get? Regular water in a glass with ice. No big deal, so I asked again for mineral water, at which point the waiter said this is mineral water. Now I didn't fall off the cabbage truck yesterday, so I take my fork, swirl it around in the glass and say, this is not mineral water, there's no fizz. No people it doesn't stop here and just go away. He actually brings up an opened bottle of mineral water, and says this is the bottle. My husband, an engineer takes a look and say, that can't be it. There's hardly anything out of it, look at this glass, it's full.
Does the story stop here, ohhh I wish it did, NO. The manager comes over and takes the waiters side. At this point I retreat for a cigarette out of the way. The manager comes over and starts talking, at which point I say these 5 words to her. "The customer is always right." She apologized, end of story.

Having given the ugly part, the food was very good, macadamia crusted fish and a spinach quiche, very nicely done and presented. No further upset of any kind.

So, would I recommend this place? Yes for the food. Don't order a complicated drink, and keep it simple, that one male waiter is a menace. The other waiters were great.

Now when I return, if that guy is still there, I will not be returning. If he's gonzo, I will.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Guadalajara, Mexico
“Excelent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Dinning at the terrace was wonderful. Food superb. Nice experience!!
Dijon pork tenderloin was superb

Visited August 2012
San Patricio, Jalisco, Mexico
“Cafe de Flores”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We live in Melaque and a visit to Cafe de Flores is a special treat for us. Alex is a fantastic cook. We were there 2 days ago and had a fantastic meal. We had the Firecracker Chicken Lettuce Wraps as appetizer, Red Curry Shrimp with Zucchini, Peas and Basil and Bahn Mi (Meatball) Torta with Asian Slaw and Chili Mayo as main courses, accompanied by mango margaritas. Mango Mousse (to die for!!!) for desert. A heavenly dining experience - thank you Alex and thank you for staying open during the low season.

Visited August 2012
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Calamari over the top”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My sister and I always eat here on our trips to La Manz each year. Alex and family do a fantastic job keeping the menu dynamic with seasonal fish and produce. Drinks are from scratch and wait staff is top notch. High recommendation from an Alaskan-can't wait to go back!
(Yes, calamari steak dish is my favorite)

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ajijic, Mexico
“Everyone's favorite in La Manz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Interesting, varied menu. Good place for a special occasion. Everyone likes Cafe de Flores. Fills up, so get there early. Can't remember whether they take reservations, but if they do, it would be a good idea to make them.

Visited November 2011