“Stayed many nights...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kaslo Hotel Pub & Restaurant

Kaslo Hotel Pub & Restaurant
430 Front Street, Kaslo, British Columbia V0G 1M0, Canada (Formerly Kaslo Hotel & Pub)
+1 250-353-7714
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Kaslo
Cuisines: International, Contemporary, Continental, Eclectic
Houston, Texas
“Stayed many nights...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have stayed there many nights over the last several years. Only have great things to say about the hotel. Rooms are stunning and the pub has great local brews and food. Can't wait to get back there again.

Visited January 2012

Vancouver, Canada
“Nice food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Really nice food and the service was great. The hotel is fully updated but still retains the heritage character of the village. Worth a visit!

Visited August 2012
Colville, Washington
“Good food and drink with an excellent view of the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We ate lunch at the Kaslo Hotel and Pub one day and it was so good, we returned for dinner the next evening. Again, the quality and service was outstanding. Kaslo is a busy place in August, and the choices for fine food are slim. This place is a keeper. They offer a great variety of beers, ales and other drinks. Local brews are found on tap. I favor products from the Nelson Brewing Company, but found others I liked as well. The menu is chock full of delicious choices. I had "pub fare", a Thai Chicken and Shrimp with rice dish. It was a better meal than I've had in ages. My wife ordered the special, a seafood lasagna and it was delicious. Portions are ample and the desserts were exceptional. The pub has outdoor seating, in addition to a nice indoor setting. All tables have wonderful views of Kootenay Lake and the surrounding peaks and forested mountains. One thing that stands out is how friendly and skilled the servers are here. They know how to treat visitng guests. This is a pub, so expect some noise and activity. The parking lot is below and near the outside tables and that could be a negative. We ate inside away from the bugs and heat. We will be back!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great view, good food, average service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Enjoyed the poutine and the view, but service was very slow (overwhelmed by numbers according to my fellow diners).

Visited August 2012
Nelson, Canada
“Nothing Much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I recently visited the hotel and pub with a friend visiting from Vancouver.....the staff seemed young and inexperienced, when asked the waitress didn't know if the ceasar salad dressing was made in house or much else for that matter. I am tired of going out and forgiving staff for not doing their jobs because they are "cute" or "young" or "just learning".....I work for my money and when I spend it I want my money's worth....the atmosphere was fresh and new but the bar stools we tiny for full size men and when you cater to a bike crowd you should make sure that they are comfortable. The burger that I had was overcooked to the point that it was really hard to chew, the hand cut fries were a nice treat. The place looks new and I guess they are finding their stride.....get some old time guys and gals with some "get up and go", product knowledge, personality and some real desire to look after your patrons!