“The Kaslo Hotel and Brew Pub in Kaslo, BC, Canada was the highlight of our recent Canadian trip.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kaslo Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kaslo
Kaslo Hotel
You added Kaslo Hotel to your Saves list
430 Front Street, Kaslo, British Columbia V0G1M0, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kaslo
La Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

The Kaslo Hotel and Brew Pub on Lake Kootenay in Kaslo, British Columbia, was the highlight of our recent Canadian trip. It's beautiful inside and out, the rooms are lovely, and the pillow-top beds as comfortable as home. We loved our lake view from our private, spacious balcony. Every meal we ate in the Brew Pub/Restaurant was outstanding. And we enjoyed walking around the picturesque little town and along the river trail. We'll go again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kirkwood, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

Love, love, love this hotel!!! In fact, I booked it because of all the Tripadvisor comments!
This hotel in the small quaint town of Kaslo is one of the best I have stayed in, EVER!!
I feel as if it is our little apartment on the lake. We have room 201 on the corner, king bed overlooking the beautiful Kootenay Lake and mountains. From the beautiful details of the room....crown molding, dark woods, real cups and glasses, bedding....everything is luxurious. The staff is very friendly and accomodating, and I just am so happy we decided to stay here and for 2 nights!!! Our balcony is huge and wraps around the corner, and beautiful drapes everywhere. We are taking a day trip to Nelson today, and then coming back to this piece of heaven. So if you are anywhere in the area, STAY HERE!! It will be your best experience in a hotel! I promise!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Lancashire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

What can I say about at the Kaslo hotel? Well, for a start, this is probably one of the best - if not THE best hotel - I've ever stayed at. The location is is perfect - quiet backwater town, miles from anywhere with a hotel that simply oozes character situated on the banks of the Kootenay lake. The view from the bedroom balcony is breathtaking, I think I'm right in saying that the hotel has only 11 rooms and they all overlook the lake. The room we had was spotlessly clean - whoever owns this place takes cleanliness very seriously, as they do guests comfort. I booked a twin bedded room and what we got was a very large room with two enormous double beds - so high that they had wooden steps to make it easier to climb up into bed!

We ate at the restaurant here and it was ridiculously good - no frills or arty presentation (although it was nicely presented) just good honest, tasty,filling grub and not over expensive. This is a hotel with a brew pub on the side - where they brew their own ale. We sampled several brews, both their own and others - all were good.

Kaslo and the hotel have a nice little history, for anyone interested Google it, it makes good reading. My only regret with staying at this hotel is not booking it for a few more nights. I stayed here with my son as part of a long motorcycle tour of BC and Alberta, but next time I visit Canada I'll be staying here again - without doubt - and I'll bring my wife, she'll love it. They don't serve breakfast here but there is a good little place opposite that opens early and will knock you up some very passable pan fries and eggs

I really can't think of anything to fault this hotel, from it's friendly staff to the superb room and excellent food, it was all good, with the added bonus of being in what must surely be one of the nicest little backwater towns in BC. I only hope that after writing this review, when I return to Kalso I'll be able to book a room at the hotel and the town won't be overrun with tourists!!

Not the cheapest hotel out there, but some things you can't measure just on price. For what it is, this hotel is worth every single penny

• Stayed July 2010
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

Eveything about this hotel was outstanding. Andy at the front desk was friendly, funny and informative. The restaurant and lounge were exceptional and the view over the lake was fantastic.
The "river walk" walking trail had great scenery everywhere and a tour through the "SS Moyie" paddlewheeler will bring memories from the past

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
kaslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

Myself and three girl-friends from the prairies stayed in one of Kaslo Hotels' beautifully appointed condo units this past weekend; a decadent and well-deserved over-nighter that I will surely repeat and recommend to others whether they live in or out of town.
As a person who lives in the area I am well acquainted with the town of Kaslo, and the scenery that surrounds it - but - taking it in from the top balcony of the hotel was even breathtaking from my own "been-there-seen-that" standards. My friends from the flat-land could barely believe their eyes as we sat on the deck in the morning with our coffee!
The room that we stayed in was bright and beautiful and easily slept the four of us - more than comfortably. The beds are amazing!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Moscow, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

My family and I were staying at nearby Ainsworth Hot Springs. Rather than eat at the restaurant there, we decided to take the short scenic drive to the Kaslo Hotel for dinner. On our five day trip, this was by far the best meal we had. The restaurant and pub were impeccable and you could tell alot of time and money went in to restoring the building to it's former glory. Our server was very informative and courteous. The lake scenery from our table was breathtaking and the food was simply wonderful! My wife is still raving about her halibut. Had we not already reserved a room at the Ainsworth Resort, we would've definitely stayed at the Kaslo Hotel. Hopefully we'll be back again next year. Scott, Moscow, Idaho

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Brentwood, Ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

We flew to Spokane Wa. from Oakland Ca. and arrived two hours later. Rented a car and drove the three hours to Nelson BC. From there we drove another hour to Kaslo BC.
What a wonderful surprise to see this magnificant Hotel . It was such a surprise to see the new refurbish of the old Mariner Hotel. It was absolutely spectacular! Our friends were waiting outside to welcome us and took us inside where we met the receptionist Claudia which was so delightful.
Then we took the elevator to the third floor to our condo with the most marvelous view of Lake Kootenay and right down the hall from our friends condo. What a experiance it was .
It was so much more then you would ever expect in a small town like Kaslo.. First class all the way with all the comforts of a fine Hotel anywhere.
Got unpacked and went down to the Pub which has a bar that is beautiful and with first class service too.
Checked out the wonderful little town then headed back to the hotel for dinner. "Wow" is all I can say about that. We had a fantastic meal and our compliments to the Chef and his crew! The next day our friends drove us to see the Salmon Run . It was a amazing thing to see. We found there were so many excursions to do and see in the area and just didn't have time to do them all. We are looking forward to going back to the beautiful town of Kaslo next year as it was one of the nicest vacations we have ever taken.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Kaslo Hotel? Share your experiences!