We were initially a little nervous booking the Wellesley resort. We have been to Fiji twice before and had always gone with the larger chain hotels (Sheraton, Sofitel). We wanted to try a different tack this time and our gamble couldn’t have worked out better.
The resort is set in a real picture postcard setting, lush tropical gardens down to the private white sand beach and coral lagoon. The beach itself is much nicer than anything we saw at Denerau when we stayed there.
The pace of the resort is very relaxing and we really enjoyed the rotating menu which meant that we had three choices of starter and main every night and every night the choices were different. In the seven days we were there we didn’t see the same things come around again.
One of the amazing things is the Wellesley has its own cruise ship which is moored in the bay around the corner from the resort. We did the island explorer day cruise and we were taken by boat from the beach to the cruise ship (5 minutes) then cruised out to Yanucca Island in the Beqa lagoon where we snorkelled and explored the island. We thought the marine life in the lagoon at the Wellesley was amazing but the sea life we saw at Yanucca was simply incredible. The snorkelling guide told us that this area is famous in Fiji for its diving.
We would come back to the this resort in a heartbeat. The staff were incredibly friendly and helped make this probably the best holiday in a tropical location we have ever had.
- Also Known As:
- Wellesley Resort Fiji Hotel Coral Coast
- Wellesley Resort Fiji Hotel
- Wellesley Hotel Coral Coast
- Wellesley Coral Coast
- Coral Coast Wellesley
- Wellesley Resort Fiji Korolevu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wellesley Resort is one of Fiji's newest boutique resorts. It boasts a fabulous lagoon, pool and stunning white sand beach. This part of Fiji's Coral Coast is renowned for its crystal clear waters and spectacular diving - this is the only white sand, blue lagoon experience on the mainland. And it's all yours... miles of it! Set in 100 acres of lush tropical rain forest and island gardens, the Wellesley is a hideaway of intimate and serene seclusion. The stylish decor, high standards of cuisine and the genuine hosted experience our staff offer are nothing less than one would expect from a resort carrying the Wellesley brand. It's all about style... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Wellesley Resort Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.